Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Carhartt Men's Leather Fencer Work Glove, Brown,

Carhartt Men's Leather Fencer Work Glove, Brown, X-Large

Carhartt Men's Leather Fencer Work Glove, Brown, X-Large

I bought these in XXL a little over a year ago but finally got around to using them this past winter. I had to run 4 strands of barbed wire through woods on the back of my property. I think for everyday use that extra strip of leather would get in the way but for fencing they were great. I put up 4 barb barbed wire and would pull and tug the wire by hanging on to the barbs with these gloves. I never got stuck through the gloves. I could have used some arm guards though. Between barbed wire and briars I was scratched to pieces. But I like the gloves and would recommend them.

These gloves come pretty 'dry' and a little stiff. With a little leather oil, however--I used an ounce of Filson's boot oil--these gloves break in nicely and become much more usable and probably more durable. I've had them for over a year now and they have become by go-to for household and DIY chores, from gardening around cactus to carpentry, moving cinder blocks, pruning thorny trees and shrubs, etc. Waterproofed with the Filson oil, they have proven very handy for mounting tire chains for winter trips to the mountains. The tips of some of the fingers are finally wearing a little thin; would be nice to have reinforced patches there. But for weekend rather than daily use, at least, these have held up much better than similarly priced leather gloves I wore through from Home Depot.

LIKE: I use about four pairs a year (for the last decade), and buy several when the price occasionally decreases to around $12.00. They are a great deal at this price!
DISLIKE: I agree with reviews that describe the declining construction and material quality, like weaker leather and thread, in recent years, the stitching tearing out, etc. Its as if these gloves are a "knockoff" or "replica" of what they were years ago. So, I definitely would not buy them at say, a $21.00 price, and think twice at buying them for around $16.00.

The large is kind of tight but better than too loose. Have not used them when removing blackberry briars but my other gloves of soft leather is tearing and the stitching is coming apart on them. These seem better made and the material tougher than the ones I am using now. I may be using them tomorrow if the weather is half way decent not worth getting soaked from the rain if any.

My wife and I have been using these gloves for clearing out old barbed wire fence overgrown with blackberries and roses. The are tough enough that neither the wire or the thorns get through while we are working. We have tried a number of other brands but we find the stiches come out or the leather is not strong. They are comfortable enough to wear for hours at a time. I will say that after a few months the thumbs did start to wear thin and we had to buy replacements. However, because one right thumb and one left thumb wore out we are still using the pair that was created.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Suede cowhide
  • Wrap-around palm and thumb patch
  • Vented cuff
  • Spot wash by hand in luke warm water with mild detergent. Hang to dry. Do not use hot water. Do not put in dryer.

Description

Shell: suede cowhide with wrap around palm and thumb patch



I really like and recommend these work gloves. I did find "for me" that even though Medium size fits snug the Large size wears better/lasts longer before I start getting worn spots/holes in the leather. Under same working conditions, land cleanup and cutting/splitting wood, cheap economy gloves would wear out/fall apart in a day or two. These gloves typically last me a couple month or more under heavy use.

Have only used them twice so far. But they are working well for the thorns and pickers, on the trees and bushes I have been cutting down and cutting up. I bought these to replace the old thick leather ones you get from Home Depot when you rent their machines.

Great work gloves. The leather is strong but still soft enough to be comfortable. I ordered these slightly oversize to allow me to wear them over another pair of gloves for warmth but they were a little smaller than I anticipated so I had to use a thinner glove liner. Despite this I am well satisfied with them. I am in the farming-ranching business so I work a pair of gloves hard and these fill the bill.

I used the heck out of these gloves for about 6 months before they gave out. Rough work...moving stones, demolition, yard work, everything. They only gave out after I had to wash them a couple times because of gunk buildup..the stitching started to come undone. If you didn’t wash these ever maybe they would last longer. Great fit. My second pair I moved up to XL just for ease of removal.

My husband really likes these work gloves. They are thin enough for his very large hands to not feel constricted but durable enough for him to handle whatever materials are involved in his work or project without hurting his hands. He has a hard time finding work gloves that fit and last. So far these have been great!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment