Sunday, June 23, 2019

Magpul Core Technical Lightweight Work Gloves, Black,

Magpul Core Technical Lightweight Work Gloves, Black, Medium

Magpul Core Technical Lightweight Work Gloves, Black, Medium

I love everything Magpul and decided to give their gloves a try. These are really nice quality, lightweight gloves. I wanted something for shooting and these will be perfect.

I wanted a pair for shooting historic weapons, some of which develop hot surfaces (barrel, etc.) you inevitably touch, as well as for general comfort and, to some degree, for cold weather at outdoor target ranges. These are from a well-known, reputable manufacturer, fit as expected, are comfortable, they work. They are not proof against bitterly cold weather nor can you hold a hot gun barrel for longer than a moment, but they certainly help and also help general comfort. Good product, what I wanted. They are probably suitable for other things where some protection is desired, not stiff leather work gloves but something that does not interfere with dexterity.

These gloves are overall good. I've tried a lot of gloves like these as my job requires me to carry a firearm and I like to have a very thin pair of gloves for tactile feel and usage of the tools on my belt. Overall these make a better pair of thin "winter" gloves due to the thicker material.

Pros:
They feel pretty good on the outside, material is nice and sturdy. Knuckles are slightly padded, nothing crazy here though. They are pretty lightweight. NO HOLES which is a big plus, I've found a lot of these gloves have holes in the fingers for breath-ability, but sometimes I have to throw on a pair of gloves in a real big hurry and I grab these gloves instead of latex ones out of instinct. It's not perfect, but without holes its much better to prevent transfer of blood or other bodily fluids in a pinch. Also less places to get poked since there are no holes when patting someone down.

Cons:
Not as thin as I'd hoped, this is my personal preference. My favorite thin gloves were Mechanix 0.5mm so far. These gloves aren't as easy to "get on" in a hurry as I'd like. You get used to it the more you use them, but I still find myself occasionally struggling in a time sensitive moment and sometimes I'll forgo them all together because of that. They have a loop assist on the inside, but the loop would be better on the outside because it can get confusing in a hectic moment, and theres no assist on the outside - the material is long on the wrist (good) but that also makes it harder to get on. The fingers (for me) aren't totally flush, so I find myself adjusting these a lot to keep them tight.

Overall these gloves are good, but I probably won't purchase them again. The purpose of quick, thin, slip-on gloves for me is something quick and easy to well.... slip on. These are good in the winter as they are thicker, not too thick that I can't feel my gear at all, but thick enough I don't feel 100% confident grabbing my stuff either.

Well, I guess I know what "fits like a glove" really means....these gloves were a struggle to pull on, and the sewn in loop didn't really help; much, as I was afraid pulling too hard on it might rip the glove. That all had me tempted to return them until I got the fully on and found them very comfortable and indeed, offering good dexterity and comfort. So, I'll keep them and see if they're worth the difficulty of getting into....I've got a feeling I'll like them quite well.

Nice shooting gloves although not for very cold weather. I have used these in the hot, humid summer and fall so far with great success shooting my M4 rifle, AR pistol, and Glock pistols. The fit and sensitivity to touch is perfect.

As always, I'm very happy with Magpul products.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Durable synthetic construction for a second-skin fit with terry backed thumbs and touch screen capability that provide protection for active hands with minimum impact on fine motor skills
  • Tough synthetic suede palm and inner finger construction for wet or dry grip on all firearms
  • Terrycloth backed thumb area to quickly remove fogging on hunting optics and glasses
  • Narrow, minimalistic forefinger for easy access and better control of firearms triggers
  • Lightweight, durable glove without compromising dexterity

Description

The most lightweight and tactile glove in the Magpul line up, our Technical Gloves offer abrasion protection with maximum dexterity. Durable synthetic construction for a second-skin fit with terry backed thumbs and touch screen capability that provide protection for active hands with minimum impact on fine motor skills. Ambidextrous three-finger touchscreen capability and features an Elastic wrist closure keeps out debris.



I bought these in size Large. They fit my hand perfectly very comfortable and able to type on my phone. Very light weight. The only thing I did not like was it's hard to put them in they should consider making a stretchable on the wrist that's my only compliant. If they can fix that they would get it perfect.

These are working gloves not ment for very cold weather. Yes they probably work in cool temps

These are the type of glove where the expression fits like a glove comes from. Like a second skin. But makes for good feel and dexterity. Can still use touch screens which is nice since they are a lil tough to get on and off. That is really the only con. Perfect for shooting gloves, slim enough to no have any trouble with trigger guards. I normally where Large size gloves and these are literally a second skin exact fit so make sure you check your sizes.

Great light weight gloves. I use them for flying. The material on the palms and fingers give surprisingly good grip and dexterity over all is not comprised with these gloves. The only drawback is the touchscreen capabilitie is lackluster at best. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Attempting to access electronic data during flight (in a helicopter with no force trim) can be a challenge, with these gloves on it becomes a risk. If it’s cold enough to require gloves I make sure I have a stylus available. I would definitely recommend these gloves for light duty. I would not recommend them if your intent is to utilize them with touchscreen devices.

My hands are about 7.5 inches long measuring from the base of my palm to my middle fingertip, & these gloves actually have long enough fingers for a comfortable fit. usually different gloves will fall short on finger length for me but these thankfully fit me. These gloves are comfortable as well.

Awesome gloves will reorder more in a week just so I can feel the comparison...
Revision.2.22.19 Reordered as I have misplaced my other gloves the lil strings that are supposed to help you pull them on or some nonsense started helping the palm material separate from the elastic cuff parts idk the second pair doesn't seem as well built as the first pair

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment