Thursday, June 20, 2019

Mechanix Wear - FastFit Covert Tactical Gloves (Large,

Mechanix Wear - FastFit Covert Tactical Gloves (Large, Black)

Mechanix Wear - FastFit Covert Tactical Gloves (Large, Black)

The FastFit gloves are the best version out there. No velcro to mess with and very durable. This latest iteration of the FastFit is fantastic and much improved. I use them for patrol(law enforcement) and they protect your hands from cuts and scrapes without compromising your ability to use your tools. They are washable and I can wear a pair of rubber gloves underneath.

I've tried purpose built police gloves and these are simply best balanced between being tactile and protecting. Double up with good rubber gloves and you are set.

Gloves are great quality and fits well. I tend to sweat a lot but still found these gloves breathable enough to keep my hands relatively dry. Yet it still provides good insulation when it gets cold. Really satisfied here.

But because these are the FastFit, there's that extra bit of glove after the elastic band. If you're running a bullpup, that extra bit of glove somehow always finds a way to get caught and snagged when switching in a new mag. Of course this is not all bullpups. If you're running a P90, for example, this would not be an issue.

Also that flag label at the base of the hand often gets caught when dealing with moving parts.

They do loosen up after a while, so I would recommend going one size smaller to end up with a comfortable fit.

Size Medium.

I got these to provide a barrier between skin and cold air. These are not insulated, and I knew this when buying them. I keep these in a jacket, and simply slip them on as needed. I have driven in these, as well as when getting on and off planes when walking across tarmac.

The original glove provides slightly more warmth, but these do everything I need and more. I had to cut the white tag off inside the glove as it was always coming out. I keep a cheap carabiner on these all the time to keep them together and to provide a way to clip them to my bag as needed.

I've warn these when driving, when bushwalking and when I just need a barrier between the cold air and my hands. These are not insulated, but we don't get much below 0 degrees C and it warms up here, so it doesn't stay cold all day. I've warn these in about minus 2 when walking and they did fine.

I went to a store that sold the original glove for sizing, and then ordered the size on line. I used the sizing guide form the Mechanix website, and went the medium, as I was between the two sizes. And they recommend going down a size if this is the case.

Also, with freight, they were still cheaper than I could get them for out here in Australia.

Mechanix has finally gotten this right. My biggest issue with their normal gloves was the placement of the velcro closure on the inside of the wrist where it's likely to get knocked loose. The FastFit solves that problem by getting rid of the velcro altogether.

These have similar function to the normal Mechanix gloves but they're a little more lightweight. The old elastic cloth backing has been replaced by a neoprene style material but comfort is unaffected. The palm and fingers will be familiar to Mechanix users (a little stitching heavy at the fingertips) and most importantly, in several hours of use so far, I haven't felt like these gloves were going to come off. Additionally, the loop on the bottom makes it easy to pull them on as well as store them on a carabiner. I will very likely be buying more of these to replace all my old regular style Mechanix gloves.

Lightweight and tactical design are the features that made me choose these. I prefer FastFit style because velcro eventually fails/wears out, and if you use these for covert purposes... velcro can cause unwanted noise. Expect to replace these often if you are using them for repetitive heavy duty jobs because these are very lightweight... that DOES NOT mean they are a bad product, or constructed poorly out of inferior materials. Fit and finish is excellent. While working in a very fast paced automotive garage... Mechanix FastFit were the gloves I always chose because the thin material allowed me to control tools better, also they made it easier to manipulate and/or sort through small parts. I will use these mostly in my shop at home, or while riding my mountain bike.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Form-fitting TrekDry material helps keep hands cool and comfortable.
  • Elastic cuff provides a secure fit with easy on/off flexibility.
  • Anatomically designed two-piece palm eliminates material bunching.
  • Nylon web loop provides convenient storage.
  • Machine washable.

Description

The Covert FastFit provides service members with an unbelievable fit and easy on/off flexibility in the field. The anatomically cut two-piece palm eliminates material bunching for maximum control and improved manual operation. Form-fitting TrekDry material is lightweight and breathable so your hands stay cool and comfortable in any environment. Keep your gloves secure to your gear or pack with the nylon cord loop conveniently positioned beneath each wrist.



Review of: "Mechanix Wear Tactical FastFit Covert," by Mechanix.

The manufacturer specifications list: "Form-fitting TrekDry material helps keep hands cool and comfortable. Elastic cuff provides a secure fit with easy on/off flexibility. Anatomically designed two-piece palm eliminates material bunching. Nylon web loop provides convenient storage.
Machine washable."

This is a very thin set of lightweight gloves to maintain tactile use while being protected. Each glove has a helpful pull loop to assist with fit. The gloves fit great and I find them very useful for cool weather or whenever gloves are needed. Five stars for fit and use.

Awesome glove for $11. Have several pairs of them. Someone said in a review that they could be fake, I don't believe so. These appear to be the same as the other pairs I have. I have both medium and large sizes, both sizes fit well with my large thin hands. Medium is snug but I actually prefer that, the measurement (size guide) is spot on.

These are great gloves as long as you understand their purpose. First of all they fit like skin. They are extremely well tailored and constructed and allow you to perform precise tasks with ease. Additionally, they are fairly warm for being so thin and tight. What they are not is heavy duty, hard abuse work gloves. The material will just not stand up to constant, severe abrasion. But, for what I wanted them for...driving my ATV, handling firearms, archery in cool weather, minor yard tasks, even driving...they fit the bill perfectly.

I bought these gloves to wear for patrol. The loops help me get the gloves on quickly, even while under stress. The gloves are thin enough that I still retain fine motor skills and can write while wearing them, yet thick enough that they are durable.

On a side note, I normally wear medium gloves. I ordered these in medium and they are just a tad too big. When I reorder I will order small.

I didn't think that I would like the lack of Velrco cuffs, but they are actually quite handy. I use them for stage work, and they fit quite comfortably and work with touchscreens OK. They are not terribly durable compared to gloves from 5.11 or the like, but they are 1/3 the price

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment