Friday, June 28, 2019

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large,

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large, Black)

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large, Black)

I wanted gloves that would serve two needs. Motorcycle gloves and all purpose gloves for the field as basic military issued gloves are not too great.

With thick rubber-like impact resistant padding covering the knuckles and down the fingers you got all the important areas covered. However, do know that the index finger and knuckle are not covered in the same material and this is a great design in my book. There is still just enough padding on the index knuckle for some protection but the index trigger finger is free to allow for unrestricted movement for the most part.

While it probably doesn't help much I am 5'9 and a lean 170lbs and the medium fits me perfectly. The only gripe I have about it is that the thumbs of the gloves seem are a bit too long. I have pretty average sized hands but I guess I might just have shorter thumbs I suppose.

All in all, its a solid pair of gloves.

These gloves are good, and do tend to reduce the impact, but all that impact material is also a very good insulator - even at 40 degrees Fahrenheit my hands sweated a lot using lawn and garden tools with minimal exertion. They are NOT touch screen friendly either. BUT, they are comfortable, they do accommodate large hands with small wrists, and appear to be well made. They also seem to be oil and gas resistant, which was an unexpected plus - more impervious than deerskin leather gloves that have been treated with waterproofing! Update 6/8/18 The first pair of wore out stitching came apart in the palm that was holding in the impact resistant material and it came out. I found that without that there I was feeling every hammer blow Jar my entire arm so I bought two more pair . I am not happy that they failed so quickly , but I can't do the amount of work without them that I can with them .

Good tactical glove. Provides a great thermal barrier within reason. I was stuck in the turret mount when the day started and it was 45, they kept my fingers warm enough. Later in the day it was 70 and they weren't hot.
Moves and flexes without bunching or pulling. Velcro held really well.
Only negative is that the tip of the trigger finger is just a little bulky so putting your finger into the trigger guard area isn't 100% smooth.
But I would recommend and buy again if needed. Might just go with the next size down.

I will start by saying that these gloves are great, if you use them in their proper applications. I bought my first pair (they were $25 on Amazon at the time) with the mindset that I was paying for a bombproof pair of paw protectors. My intended application was for survival/bushcraft/extreme outdoor use. On the first outing, during which I was extensively testing several bladed tools, the stitching failed at the palm near the thumb. This happened within a few hours of hard use, and I can honestly say that I was extremely disappointed, having expected much more durability for the price I paid.

Now fast forward to the present, and I was once again in need of a good set of gloves (this time fingerless) for my job (FedEx Ground delivery). I went back and forth on a bunch of options on Amazon, but finally and a bit reluctantly decided to give Mechanix another try. This time knowing that my applications wouldn't be quite as strenuous, and understanding that the gloves were made specifically for mechanics who require protection from slippage and knuckle-busting (much like working with the very pinch-happy dolly I inherited, and all the other hand related injuries that come with slinging heavy boxes all day). And so it's been a couple of weeks and I am happy to report that the gloves are holding up beautifully and have saved me several blood blisters from that dilapidated Magliner.

So to sum it up, if you are looking for extreme use gloves I would recommend some heavy duty gardening/work gloves above these. That is what I have replaced these with for outdoor use, specifically concerning the repetitive friction of hand tools. But if you just need to protect your skin from the daily hazards you face while working with your hands, these do the job fantastically. Still a little pricey, but if they're going to last I won't complain.

I love using these at the shooting range in colder weather, and I actually prefer to drive using these in any weather because I like how they grip the steering wheel quite a lot. It's a bit tough to use a phone with these but honestly trying to use any gloves that aren't just those thin knitted cold-weather gloves is going to be challenging. Compared to other gloves I've used, these perform completely satisfactorily when using them on my Galaxy s7. There is substantial silicone rubber padding on the backs of the fists, which you would think ends up limiting mobility, but actually really doesn't limit mobility at all. The way that these are made makes it super easy to grip things, make a fist, point fingers, and perform any normal tasks with your hands. These easily fit inside my glove box and my back pocket despite all the padding. I'm very impressed with these gloves.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle guard and finger guards protect against impact.
  • Dual-layer internal fingertip reinforcement provides added durability.
  • D3O palm padding absorbs and dissipates high-impact energy through the palm.
  • Nylon web loop provides convenient storage.
  • Machine washable.

Description

Law enforcement and service members trust their hands with the Covert M-Pact and its ability to protect in the field. Impact-absorbing Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) is sonic welded to the glove and delivers flexible protection against common impact injuries and skin abrasions. The uniquely designed Impact Guard frees your index finger for smooth trigger guard entry and mobility. The dual-layer internal fingertip construction reinforces the thumb and index finger for improved abrasion resistance, while the embossed fingertip pattern improves feel and overall dexterity. D3O palm padding absorbs and dissipates high-impact energy through the palm when you’re fully engaged so you can maintain your focus. Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) closure creates a secure fit to your wrist.



I only do work around the house, but during last hurricane season I helped my neighbors put up their shutters, and these gloves were excellent for this purpose. The shutters are aluminum, and can get hot in the FL sun, but these babies were an excellent thermal barrier. The shutters sometimes have sharp edges, but these guys protected my hands the entire time.

Admittedly, I was not doing anything tactical with them, but what I asked of them they did well.

Dexterity was not great, but I was looking for protection so it was a trade-off I was wiling to accept.

These gloves are great for the price. I bought these for use while riding my motorcycle which has been working out for the past week. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is because they are a bit roomy in the fingers with a feel of extra material, so the fit could be a little better. However, a medium would probably be too small. They seem to be fairly true to size.

They look great too! Also, they're not bulky feeling in the palm even with they extra padding.

Mechanix would do well to create gloves that are specifically for male or female customers. Notice the difference in the lengths of my fingers and the fingers of the gloves. There is a great difference in the lengths. Unisex gloves do not fit men or women well. Men and women have distinctly different finger length proportions. With that said, these gloves fit very much like the other Mechanix gloves I have had. They are a bit tighter because they are stiffer due to the padding. If the finger lengths were more specific to a man's or woman's finger proportions, these would definitely be a 5 star product.

These are my new go-to work gloves. They last me about 3 months of daily use in the summers. They're not quite winter material, but I can definitely tell when the impact protections came in handy to reduce damage to my hands when I've had my clumsy moments. Dexterity isn't lost, and I don't find myself needing to pull these guys off often at all.

I purchased a L set. I have 3-3.5 inch fingers, and 8 inches from middle finger tip, to the seam in my wrist. They fit perfect.

I have a hard time with gloves. I’m 6’2” and weight around 200lbs. My hands are not exactly beefy and fit into the long and thing categories.

This makes finding gloves that fit a righteous pain in the ass.

I took a chance with these mechanix gloves and to much surprise they fit like a glove. These medium gloves fit like they are tailored to my hand. Needless to say, I’ll be checking Mechanix for my future glove needs.

As for the glove itself, they are very sturdy. Wore them for some construction work and they did great. I’ve also done some shooting, a little work on my Jeep, as well as some other odds and ends. I’m going to give them a shot with some riding and see how they hold up.

The more I wear them the better they feel.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment