Sunday, June 16, 2019

Filtrete 14x24x1, AC Furnace Air Filter, MPR 1900, Healthy Living Ultimate Allergen,

Filtrete 14x24x1, AC Furnace Air Filter, MPR 1900, Healthy Living Ultimate Allergen, 2-Pack

Filtrete 14x24x1, AC Furnace Air Filter, MPR 1900, Healthy Living Ultimate Allergen, 2-Pack

Excellent filter. I work in HVAC and work with multiple types of filters. In my opinion this is the best you can buy in the 1 inch category.

It fits snuggly into the filter grills, not allowing any air to pass on the sides. Not so snuggly you have to squish it to get it into place though. It doesn’t bounce up and down as the system fan cycles. The extra pleats allow for a significantly lower static pressure which preserves the life of the blower motor but also allows for greater airflow while still filtering properly.

We recently had a rain storm and my roof caved in. The filter turned completely black. I thought this was due to the excess moisture in the air, but turned out when the roof came in I had a lot of black mold. I believe the blackness in the filter was actually the mold spores. I’ve never seen a filter go black within a couple of hours before.

I change my filter every 2 months, and my fan cycles for about 30 min. every hour. This helps clean the air in the home in a big way. Combine this with an Air Scrubber which uses a mixture of UV light and a honeycomb matrix, and you will have hospital quality air, as well as a very sanitized home.

The investment is high with these filters, but replacing your HVAC system is even higher, I very much recommend these amazing filters and will use nothing less until I switch to a 5 inch filter solution.

Filtrete Healthy Living Ultimate Allergen Reduction Filter, MPR 1900 filters are better quality filters that offer a good balance between filtering small particles and not restricting airflow. On my system, MPR 1900 seems to be the filtration limit before I notice my system having to work harder. These filters trap dust, bacteria, germs, viruses and allergens. They're rated to last up to 3 months, but I can stretch them a little bit longer. Filtrete Healthy Living Ultimate Allergen Reduction Filter MPR 1900 filters aren't the cheapest filters, nor are they the most expensive. For the price, they perform excellently. I recommend them.

One other note. After reading many other reviews, there have been issues with people receiving the wrong filters, bulk filters, or filters without any labeling. I ordered the 2-Pack that was sold and shipped by Amazon. I received a shrink wrapped, correctly labeled, retail package as shown in the attached photo.

Our area was victim to an enormous wildfire that burned thousands of homes and hundreds of thousands of acres of land. Fortunately our home was spared. During the 10 days of severe smoke from tree and structure fires, these filters were an absolute necessity. The local hardware store only had MPR 1000-1200 filters in stock, which are not sufficient to filter smoke. While these Filtrete MPR 1900 were expensive, they did a better job than the MPR 1000 filter we had purchased locally. The fit was nice and tight on the HVAC intake register. The higher MPR rating did not seem to adversely affect airflow. Running the HVAC system on fan-only mode for a few hours at a time significantly improved the breathability of the air in the house.

Mine arrived with the correct packaging and printing. There seems to have been some question about that in previous posts. So far these are excellent filters, and I've been using them for about a year. have been using them for about a year. Nice price with Amazon Prime. Shipping as advertised.

These work great! It turned gray/dirty in a matter of a week after upgrading from my monthly changed FPR 4 filters. Really goes to show how much more these filter capture. HVAC doesn't seemed any more stressed than before. With 2 cats in my house it helps reduce the pet smell. Also notice less dust in the house. I'm not an allergy sufferer so I can't speak to how much it helps with that function, but my girlfriend has less issues since switching to these from an FPR 4 filter.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Outperforms fiberglass, washable and non-electrostatic 3-month pleated 1" home air filters for your furnace, air conditioner, or HVAC system
  • Designed with exclusive Filtrete Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to trap unwanted air particles while letting cleaner air flow through
  • Attracts and captures microscopic particles such as smoke, cough and sneeze debris, bacteria and viruses-and large particles, including lint, household dust and pollen
  • Tip: The higher the MPR (Microparticle Performance Rating), the more particles the filter captures. Select 2500 or 2800 MPR to also capture ultrafine particles
  • Filtrete 1900 MPR (Microparticle Performance Rating) equates to MERV 13
  • 1550 MPR available in 4", 4" slim fit and 5" air filters
  • For maximum performance, change your home air filter at least every 90 days for 1" filters, and at least every 12 months for 4" and 5" filters.
  • For residential use only
  • The higher the MPR, the more microparticles - such as pollen, pet dander, smoke, bacteria and viruses - your filter will capture from the air passing through it
  • A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool - wasting energy. Sign-up for a filter change reminder program that works for you!
  • Designed with Filtrete Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to pull in and trap unwanted air particles while letting clean air flow through
  • Captures micro-particles including: PM 2.5 pollution, smoke, cough/sneeze debris, bacteria, viruses, and large particles like lint, dust and pollen
  • Electrostatic air filter with Microparticle Performance Rating 1900
  • 4 times better small particle capture compared to non-electrostatic pleated filters for the capture of 0.3 to 1.0 micron particles.
  • Lasts up to 3 months

Description

Your home should be your sanctuary, starting with the air you breathe. Filtrete Premium Allergen, Bacteria & Virus Air Filters help capture unwanted particles from your household air, contributing to a cleaner, fresher home environment. By proactively capturing dust, bacteria, viruses and allergens, these high performance filters help improve your home’s air quality.



Our home is OLD, built in 1958, & as we all know old homes are never standard size anything! We just replaced our old and bent up wall Air Filter Grille. In specific, we purchased a 24" x 14" Steel Return Air Filter Grille for 1" Filter-Removable Face/Door - HVAC DUCT COVER (white), w/OUTER size dimensions (that goes on outside of walll) of 26.5"w x 16.5.h We also purchased that on Amazon.

This filter is absolutely the perfect fitting for this grille. To install filter inside the grill, without bending as some reviews complain of, all you have to do is gently tap on the inside little metal things w/a small hammer (don't know what it's called) that get in the way of installing the filter (located on both the top and bottom of where filter gets installed in it's designated slot). If you tap with a hammer gently first to push down those metal things (without totally smashing), this filter will then easily insert in without jamming the filter, causing it to bend. We had to jury-rig our new intake grate this filter fits into to cover up every speck of wall opening from the original dummy that installed the old grate in '58. We framed our existing opening with wood then painted it white to match, then neatly caulked the outside wood frame on the wall. Now it looks great and this filter is custom made for this. I like the filter's 1900 rating. If you are sensitive to dust, etc, then getting this filter is a must! It's good for up to 3 months, however, should the filter become dark, it's not that the filter is bad but it is because the air quality in your home is terrible. We will check filter in 1 month and see what kind of job it is doing. I just installed this and will update my review. I'm probably going to change it every 6 wks for the first few changings to help get the nasty air trapped then after that I'll change it every 2-3 months, depending on how dirty it gets. Once it gets dirty enough to see grey/light dirt, that's when my allergies and dry nose & eyes acts up. I purchased the 2-pack of filters. Those whom complain that the 2nd (or additional) filters are unwrapped, well, I found the very simple solution is to simply to place the unused filter in a clean trash bag for the next filter-change and it remains dust-free. just re-use that same trash bag for the next back-up filter order that is re-ordered on Amazon. Not a hassle or problem at all. You will have better luck getting the exact filter you need on Amazon than most other stores. At least in my area of Reno, NV.

We have 3 dogs in a 4 bedroom ranch and I've noticed much less dust. My brother has general allergies and they don't seem to bother him as much as they used to when he comes over. The air does just seem cleaner. I'm very diligent about changing them once a month. I trust this brand and level of filtration for our home. I'd highly recommend, we will continue to buy these. I've actually told my mom to get same one since she was saying her lower level one didn't seem to help.

landlord said to use the cheap un-pleated filters were easier for the blower motors to push air thru, but I read somewhere that the high number of pleats can handle more air-flow, and they filter virtually everything; just change every two months or so if you have six cats in a 1400' house

These filters are a premium product. I would so often forget to replace my (regular) filters because they are in the attic and out of site, out of mind I suppose. I was probably replacing my filters every 5 or 6 months due to this. Since I started buying the Bluetooth-enabled smart filters, I can check on their status without going into the hot or cold (depending on time of year) attic and I LOVE IT. The app gives notifications regarding the status of the filter life along with the status of outdoor air quality and indoor quality (if you're willing to add a monitor). I recommend this product to all my home owners as I don't know how you can be confident in your air quality in your house unless you just have reminders to replace the filters every few months. I have enough things that I have to set as reminders so I don't want any part of that process! This product eliminates that option and makes things easy since we always have our phones on us anyway.

When I bought my house I learned of the importance of changing your furnace filter (if you have a furnace). After trying some super-cheap filters, and suffering from indoor allergies (we have cats, a small suburban farm, kids, lots of dust-makers), I tried a lower-grade Filtrete filter. My results were so noticeable, I upgraded, and now, have upgraded again.

While these filters can only do so much for your indoor air (the air that actually circulates through your furnace), it really does a great job. I'm always simultaneously impressed and disgusted by how dirty they are after I pull them out. They do indicate that these filters are good for 3 months-- but I normally replace them every TWO months (finding them quite dirty) to enhance my air quality further and hopefully extend the life of my furnace.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment