Saturday, October 19, 2019

Youngstown Glove 03-3050-78-XXL Pro XT Performance Glove XXLarge,

Youngstown Glove 03-3050-78-XXL Pro XT Performance Glove XXLarge, Gray

Youngstown Glove 03-3050-78-XXL Pro XT Performance Glove XXLarge, Gray

I've tried about 10 different types of gloves over the past two years and these are hands-down the best I have ever used. I do a ton of woodworking, construction, renovation and landscaping around my previously neglected old house, all other gloves seemed to last a month or so and one of the seams would give out and i'd be using gloves with a finger sticking out for a while. These can take a real beating and last me 6 months or longer, I've used them exclusively for over a year now. They are beefier than other gloves so you lose a tad of dexterity, but I can still do 95% of the fine motor tasks with screws and nails that would do without gloves. Plus I was happy to have a beefier glove when I've smacked my fingers with a hammer here and there and the glove really helped to soften the blow and saved me from walking around with a purple thumb for 6 months. These are really the best carpentry/construction/bad-ass gloves I have come across, and I only plan to be these gloves from now on (just ordered my third pair).

Update 5/15/18. I still use these gloves and absolutely love them. They outlast all over gloves I have used and am re-ordering a new pair for this years construction season now.

This is a well made glove. It's made from excellent materials and is reinforced in all the right spots. I've been using these gloves now for about 14 days and they have already outlasted ALL of the brands that I've tried. Some brands even fail on the very first day. I've already machine washed these 3 times and they are standing up to it fine. You're not supposed to dry these in the dryer but I do anyway. There is no apparent damage from tumble drying them. I use these gloves ALL day for 5 days a week. They appear to be built to last. I'm impressed. I'm going to be a lifer with this brand unless they start using cheap materials or cutting corners some other way. I can't think of any peeves. They're still going strong. The sweat band material on the thumb backing is ingenious. I'm constantly wiping sweat from my forehead and face and it's a great little addition to the gloves design.

I've gone through several pairs of "durable" work gloves over the past few months doing demo/construction work, and these outlasted all of them. Eventually, they started to wear, but the double reinforced fingers/palms help stop holes from forming in the fingertips. The stretchy tops/fingers keep the gloves close to your skin to prevent blisters and help with dexterity. The high wrist design and strap are a nice touch as it prevents the gloves form slipping off while keeping debris out. I will be purchasing another pair of Youngstown gloves when these ones wear out.

I purchased these for working outdoors and I love them. The reinforced palm is wearing well, the glove fits snug and articulates easily at the finger joints. I will be buying more from this company as I am convinced that these are the Hummer truck of the glove world. Not the yuppie woman version, the Arnold driving through a Columbian rainforest to kill drug cartel aliens Hummer. Built like a tank and the same kind of sexy that a garage full of chrome diamond plate tool cabinets exudes.

Best work gloves I have owned to date. I work in retail stocking shelves in a cold environment. After five months the stitching on the thumb came undone. Five and a half months the wrist strap tore from pulling them on. I will be buying another pair although im not looking forward to the week long break-in until they become comfortable.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • This glove is designed to be extra tough and durable while still providing comfort and dexterity. It is ideal for a wide variety of rugged applications.
  • Features extensive non-slip reinforcement coverage on the palm, fingers, thumb and saddle for superior grip and lasting durability.
  • Soft Terry Cloth is sewn onto the top of the thumb so workers can comfortably wipe away sweat and debris from their face and eyes.
  • The 3D, ergonomic pattern is pre-curved and form fits to your hand and provides outstanding comfort and dexterity throughout a long work day.
  • Numerous advanced fabrics are used throughout this glove to provide the best possible combination of durability, dexterity and comfort. They are also machine washable.

Description

Youngstown Glove's Pro XT is built to be the most rugged and durable unlined performance glove in our catalog. This glove is loaded with extra details from the extended cuff, terry cloth thumb and double knuckle protection. The palm features extensive non-slip reinforcement for excellent grip and durability. There are numerous mechanic style gloves in the market. Youngstown's are different due to the focus on durability. This durability presents lasting value to our customers. This Pro XT will outlast a traditional mechanic glove (non reinforced) in multiples. If you are looking for a glove that works as hard as you do look no further than Youngstown's Pro XT.



I've been using Youngstown gloves for the last 8 years. This is my first time trying this model to see how well they hold up. I've been getting about 2-3 years on a pair with weekend and occasional use. I love their comfort which is beyond a leather work glove. The felt patch on the thumbs is great for cold weather when wiping your nose.

These are great gloves that are going to hold up. I can tell that already. And these gloves are not marketed as reinforced or armored, I acknowledge that. But I do not feel particularly protected wearing them. Don't get me wrong. I feel like any thorn is going to have a fight on its hand, and that maybe I am not too old for a motorcross bike (I am). But any carnage beyond a thistle, and I may be in trouble.

So, the lesson? Get these gloves for basic protection with maximum mobility. Do not purchase these gloves for any additional protection.

I bought a pair of gloved about 10 years ago and finally they wore out. Could not find that brand but found Youngstown gloves that are almost identical. They are comfortable and expect to use for a long time.

Fit as expected, but a little less grippy that I imagined. Grabs well on wood or rubber, but not as well on plastics. I work in Landscaping, so they are great for the tools and in the wet, but not for the pots or trays the plants come in.

Very nice gloves. I use them for pulling vines and they keep my hand protected for that. However they are not fully effective when pulling on thorny shrubs - need Youngstown leather gloves for that.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment