Sunday, October 20, 2019

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large,

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large, Black)

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Covert Tactical Gloves (X-Large, Black)

I've been using these gloves for quite awhile, and they're perhaps the best set I've ever had. They fit well, not tight, not loose. They stay warm, maybe even too warm, even in the coldest environments. The various features, like finger protection and the wrist strap, serve to spoil the wearer; no other glove will measure up after trying these babies on. Some might consider these overkill for basic tasks, like raking leaves, shoveling snow, or moving equipment, but I'm a buy-it-for-life kind of guy and I'd rather have one durable, highly effective pair than a bunch of cheap pairs that rip, tear, or fail me.

We'll see how they hold up in the future, but for a day one impression, I'm loving the fit and finish of these gloves. I have a big hand and every standard work glove is a bit too small. With the sizing chart measurements I landed on the XXL... difference from other products... they actually fit perfectly. The design is excellent with the extra contours for the wrist that make the whole package feel like it was meant for you.

Eagerly waiting for a chance to use them in a sentence. I'll probably come back a year from now to give star #5.

Good gloves for truckers, shooters, and just about any other chore or hobby that requires hand protection. Yep, I will also use them for mountainbiking! I trust the brand and they are made with good materials. I lost my last pair and couldn't find a size small at my local Walmart but I am glad that I found it on Amazon. These are not cheap gloves but my hands are worth it! Pros: True to size. Great finger and knuckle protection. Protection in the palm and thumb section is good, (not to thick or thin.) Prime eligible and got it in two days. Cons: Price? How much are your hands worth? Priceless. Need I say more. Buy a pair. You wont regret it.

These guys did a good thing. The index finger structure is still now that I expected.
The cloth SHOULD NOT push with pressure under the index fingernail.
Designers should wear these gloves and press trigger 500 times before they pushing them into production. Only in such case they will feel the pain in index finger and redo the design.

I should remove some cloth by my own (with scissors) to avoid some painful pressure in under my fingernail.

got these gloves for myself and my guys.. i like the fact that they are all black and are tactical in that sense.. i have good gripping strength with them and once broken in you really dont notice them... i also use these to ride my sport bike and have to say they are very comfortable.. i have more expensive gloves that arent nearly as soft as these.. as for working with them.. variety of tasks.. pulling cable.. general abuse.. all kinds of mishaps.. and they offered just enough protection from a serious injury.. thats what gloves do, gotta save that skin.. i will say on the bad part of them the plastic knuckle savers started to rip off. but thats from use/abuse not from just wearing.. hence the four stars.. i have paws( size 5 in mil spec gloves) for hands and ordered the large.. taking a stab at the size.. they fit.. well like a glove.. a bit tight at first but once broken in. felt fine.. i would buy again. i did use them on a colder day to shoot with and they did work just fine kept the cold off my hands so i could concentrate on the targets. thats a big deal. good trigger feel and other controls. i didnt have to poke and hope for looking for a mag release because i couldnt feel it..


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Accordion knuckle guard with high density EVA foam padding.
  • Armortex fingertips provide durable gripping power.
  • Anatomically designed palm padding with high density EVA foam.

Description

Service members understand the importance of having the right tools for the mission. The M-Pact 2 safeguards your hands from impact injuries with a flexible accordion knuckle and Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) finger guards that create a barrier between your hands and the unexpected. For easy trigger access and equipment handling, we left your index finger free from TPR to improve trigger finger mobility. High wear areas of the palm are reinforced and padded with XRD performance cushioning to reduce hand fatigue in the field and a molded Neoprene cuff provides a seamless fit to the wrist.



This is a good tool to have in your bicycling safety arsenal. I specifically chose this for Los Angeles commuter riding because, unlike other gloves, this one has decent padding for the palm side as well as ample padding for the back side including knuckles, fingers and some for the wrist. A lot of the gloves I researched had good to great padding for the palm but nothing for the back side, leaving it vulnerable to serious injuries in the event of an unfortunate fall or accident. I also like the fact that this is a full finger glove meaning protection for the entire finger and not just a part of it (especially for similar price). I prefer a little more gel padding for the palm and wrist areas as well as neon (lime green) highlights to help it stand out during the day for driver visibility as well. I realize that it was designed primarily for a mechanic and not for a bicyclist, but the features are a smart fit for an all around safety conscious commuter biking. (You have to protect yourself whether you look super cool or not. Hit-and-Run-ners won't stop to call 911 for you and pay for your insurance too!) No complaints about the gloves yet (4 weeks of use) whatsoever.
(And please, please wear your helmet to protect your head/brain! Risking your life/longevity just so you/your hair looks cool & sexy, may not be the smartest mobile public advertisement of yourself.)

Only gave four stars because the jury is still out on the durability of these gloves. Best part is the XXL size fit my large hands! Most XXL gloves are too small. For those of you with monster size hands, the XXXL size might be just right for you!

Now I started with going to a basic parts store and picking up a pair of the Mechanix Covert Black Original Glove to carry around for work. I liked the dexterity and how it allowed me to still be able to manipulate firearms and other tools of the trade.

One day I decided that I wanted some padding on my knuckle for work purposes. I saw these gloves and the approximately $30 price and decided I would try them. I have not been disappointed!

The padding on the knuckle area is a softer material and not the hard rubber that is found on some other gloves (Those will be my next purchase!) There are some hard pieces of rubber on the tops of the finger area and I have not found any problems with being able to manipulate or have found them getting in the way. The finger tips on the bottom of the gloves are a thicker leather feeling material, this seems like an added benefit for those picking up sharp objects and the such.

After going through two days of using an M4 I found the gloves performed flawlessly. There were no hang-ups and I enjoyed the comfort they offered me for that time. I will update this review as time permits.

Mechanix Wear gloves are a little pricey for what you get. They have a thin layer of material on the palms and fingers that do provide decent protection, but allow for great feeling and dexterity. I handle firearms on a regular basis and love using Mechanix gloves at the range, in course work, and (when necessary) on the job. These have plastic "ribs" on the fingers and back of the hand which give you extra protection. It doesn't interfere with manipulating a weapon or working with any tools.

Previously ordered this brand of gloves, but the fit on this one was larger than that of previously ordered gloves of the same size. Gloves are still useful though.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment