Monday, October 28, 2019

MidWest Gloves and Gear Midwest Gloves and Gear 430PLP02-L-AZ-6 Acrylic Pile Suede Cowhide Work Glove, Large,

MidWest Gloves and Gear Midwest Gloves and Gear 430PLP02-L-AZ-6 Acrylic Pile Suede Cowhide Work Glove, Large, 2-Pack

MidWest Gloves and Gear Midwest Gloves and Gear 430PLP02-L-AZ-6 Acrylic Pile Suede Cowhide Work Glove, Large, 2-Pack

My honey and I live in homestead on Alaska. As a woman, I'll admit I don't do nearly as much work as him. My mittens work well for keeping me warm. But he, on the other hand, wears out gloves like they're going out of style. We go through a pair of leather work gloves about once a month. So we are making regular trips to our village store for new insulated leather work gloves. With our temperatures reaching well below -10 F, we need gloves that will keep our hands warm, yet be tough enough to withstand rigorous work, while also being easy to move in. Finding such things is not an easy feat. And the ones offered at our store do not last- plus the prices at our store are way beyond Amazon's prices. These gloves are about half of the price of the gloves at our store.

It's hard buying gloves online- you can't really tell what you're buying. These look thick, but when they arrive you actually see they are quite thin. They are made of leather with a sheepskin (or faux sheepskin) interior. The outside is tough, but the lining inside is very soft. For the size XL they fit VERY nicely. Other gloves run a bit small- but these ones are nice and big. There is an elastic cuff around the wrist, but it doesn't exactly hold tight. It's not meant to keep the gloves on your wrist- it's meant to keep the gloves over a coat sleeve.

So far the gloves have held up decently. It has only been a week, so I will have to update as time goes on. He uses his gloves for everything including chopping firewood, working on our snow machine, checking his under-ice net, hunting, fishing, and trapping. His gloves take a lot of abuse. So far these ones have held up nicely. Other gloves sometimes wear out in a week. These ones are not yet showing any signs of wear.

They are thin- which worries me. I'm not sure he'll be taking long trips with these gloves. But for chopping wood and work around the house they are keeping him warm. He said he was surprised- as he tends to pick thicker insulation for gloves. But these ones are working to keep him warm. And today it was -20 F outside, so I'd say they're doing a pretty good job in that department.

Like I said we haven't used these gloves an entirely long time- so I shall have to update here in a while

Not bad gloves, they are warm, the insides could have been sewn better and the price could have been lower for that

Warm

These are the best gloves I've ever had. I had a pair, they lasted for nearly three years of abuse of working outdoors in the Great Lakes region. They were warm in the winter, not too hot in the summer, tough, had good grip, very comfortable, and I can't say enough good things about them. After those three years I finally wore holes in them. I couldn't remember where I bought them, so I searched around looking for another pair, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I tried three other types/brands of gloves and the longest lasting pair gave me a whole three weeks before tearing through. Frustrated, I finally found a tag deep inside one of my old gloves and contacted the company. I gave them photos and a description, they directed me to their Amazon store, and I immediately bought replacements.

live in Michigan, expected to be outside at 3am in winter - these are the only gloves i use.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Acrylic pile lined russet suede cowhide
  • features a straight thumb, gunn cut and taped cuff with gathered elastic at wrist for a snug fit
  • Pile lined Insulated leather
  • Great for farm, home, ranch or garden uses
  • 2 Pair Combo Pack
  • This glove features a straight thumb, gunn cut and taped cuff with gathered elastic at wrist for a snug fit
  • Large sized work glove
  • Insulated leather

Description

The 430PL is a insulated leather glove that is sold in a 2 pack. This glove is made of acrylic pile lined russet suede cowhide, straight thumb, gun cut, taped cuff with gathered elastic at wrist for a snug fit. This winter glove protects with a warm comfortable fit that keeps the cold, wet and wind out.



I have very small (kid size) hands, and it's hard to find gloves that fit well. These are a little big for me, but not so much that the fingers "curl up" and get in the way. When the temperature drops to 10 degrees or so, there is plenty of room to add a liner to boost up the insulation when I'm moving firewood or shoveling up my dog's little gifts in the yard! Pretty happy with them, and like having a second pair. So far haven't had a problem with wetness - either inside the glove or seeping in from the outside. Won't know if that's a real problem until spring when things thaw, I expect. Very happy, bargain at the price for two pair. Should last a LONG time.

Nice gloves to work with but a little on the large size if your a woman.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment