Friday, October 25, 2019

6 Pack Showa Atlas NT370 Atlas Nitrile Garden Gloves - Small (Assorted

6 Pack Showa Atlas NT370 Atlas Nitrile Garden Gloves - Small (Assorted Colors)

6 Pack Showa Atlas NT370 Atlas Nitrile Garden Gloves - Small (Assorted Colors)

I buy a bulk pack of these every time I start running low on gardening gloves, these are the only ones I will use! They are the perfect combination of flexibility and durability and are the most comfortable gloves I've tried for gardening. The gloves they sell at the hardware stores are generally ill fitting on me, and 98% of the time too big for my hands, but these in a small fit quite well. They could be a tad bit smaller for a really perfect fit, but still the best I have found so far. After quite a bit of digging and what not, I do wear through the tips of the fingers eventually, but that is after a lot of rough use. I buy these as presents as well for anyone who gardens and they all thank me profusely after trying them. I also wear them while moving lizards and turtles from dangerous positions around the yard and they all tell me they wouldn't want any other glove handling them. Highly recommend!

I am an avid gardener in the deep, humid south. I typically go through gardening gloves very rapidly, even the most expensive ones. These gloves are the best I have ever used. They fit perfectly, they are extremely durable and they allow my hands to BREATHE! I also like to have manicured nails which is always very problematic during our long growing season. These gloves get 5 stars for protecting my nails! They also wash well in the washing machine and dry quickly (I haven't put in dryer but probably could do so). I'm ordering another pack because I've given some of mine to my grandchildren who I recruit to help me and to teach them to love dirt, plants and sunshine, instead of just cell phones and FB. :-)

I have worked in the garden industry for a long time, and I hate - and I'm not using that word lightly - hate wearing gloves while I'm working or gardening.

On my small hands, most gloves are too big or bulky, and they either fall off, or there is so much material bulked around my fingertips that I can't feel what I'm doing. You know what I'm talking about. You try to do something detailed, like pull small weeds, and it's like trying to thread a needle with a tube sock over each finger.

The cheap cotton knit or canvas gloves feel like you're wearing sweatpants on your hands, and the sweatier your hands get, the more dust comes through the fabric and sticks to them, creating sweaty mud under the fingernails and in every wrinkle in your hands. Yuck. Nope.

It's probably weird to hear a gardener say this, but I don't like to get my hands dirty. I don't mind hard work, sweaty work, dirty work, as long as my hands stay clean-ish. It's a sensory thing.

For years I struggled with wanting my hands to stay clean and protected from sharp objects, thorns, spiders under pots, etc., so I would TRY to wear gloves, but I'd always end up taking them off.

Right after college, I was working at an independent garden center and I decided to try a pair of Showa/Atlas Nitrile Touch NT370 gloves because they were inexpensive and I noticed everyone else was wearing them. I've never worn another type of gardening glove since, and I have purchased 20+ pairs over the years since then.

What are Atlas Nitrile Touch gloves?
They're a mesh glove that is dipped so that the palms are covered with nitrile that stretches down and around the tips of your fingers. Your fingernails are inside the nitrile part of the glove, but the backs of your hands and fingers are covered by only a stretchy, breathable mesh.

Why are they so amazing?

They fit! LIKE A GLOVE. (Do you see what I did there?) They're designed to fit snug, and they come in several sizes. I have small hands for a woman, so I prefer the size small, but if you have very long fingers or larger women's hands, the size medium will be just right. The size large fits average size man hands, but there is also a size XL for guys with giant hands.

Flexible. At my job I often have to switch between typing and doing something to get my hands dirty, and these gloves are thin and flexible enough that I can switch seamlessly between the two without removing my gloves. I can even use a touch screen with my gloves still on!

Breathable. My hands get sweaty working outside in July/August, but these gloves are a breathable mesh on the back, so they dry very quickly. I like to keep a spare pair of clean/dry gloves to change into in case the first pair gets sweaty or wet.

Machine washable. I just throw mine in with the laundry and lay them out to air dry.

Great quality/value. I have only gone through 20+ pairs because I wore mine 10 hours a day and washed them often. With casual use, a pair of these gloves will last for years. I only ever wore out one or two pairs. The rest of them eventually got brittle on the rubbery part after 4-5 years, but by then I'd gotten more than my money's worth from them.

Inexpensive. The last 2 times I bought my gloves in a 6-pair pack for around $20. Even if you don't need that many, this might be the best value. Keep a few pairs and gift some to a friend.

Don't confuse these gloves with look-alikes that fit poorly, make hands sweaty, and fall apart after a few wears. You'll throw all your other gardening gloves away once you own a pair of Showa/Atlas Nitrile Touch NT370.

Historic Racheff House and Gardens in Knoxville, TN , has been purchasing these gloves for sale in our gift shop for a few years. The area garden club members who purchase them usually buy multiple pairs because they want to have extras around just in case. They also love to give them to friends and family. We will continue purchasing these colorful, well-made gloves.

I have worked at retail greenhouses for years, i currently own my own greenhouse business. As a result, i have tried several comparable brands and styles. Atlas is my favorite.

- The fabric is thin enough to breath, thick enough to be durable.
- nitrile coating doesn't wear off
- can feel what you're doing while wearing (important when handling cuttings or seedlings)
- washable / machine dry
- comes in an array of sizes, so you can find the right fit

I spend at least 40 a week in gloves. These are great. I just wish that they would make some women's gloves that weren't so colorful.....still a great product.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Fits Like a Second Skin
  • Tough Nitrile coating protects hands
  • Tough and durable lightweight gloves
  • Trend setting performance, comfort, and versatility
  • Assorted Colors - Color Will Vary

Description

The flexible nitrile coating is tougher than rubber, protecting palms and fingertips from the rigors of every day work. Seamless lightweight black nylon knit liner increases comfort while it repels dirt and stains. Ideal for jobs requiring maximum dexterity and freedom of hand movement without the fatigue associated with heavier, bulkier gloves. Machine washable.



These gloves are very durable. I just ordered another pack in case the manufacturer stops making them. I've been using them for many years, ever since I bought a pair at a home show. This morning I dropped one in the yard as I was about to refill a hole made by my 7 month old Aussie pups by the fence. I thought my glove was a goner when they got it and began playing tug with it and then running around the yard in unison with each pup having a few fingers of the glove. This went on for several minutes until I could entice them with a treat to ignore the glove. The "leave it, drop it, and sit" they've learned after months of training was no match for the allure of my glove. Amazingly, the glove was stretched, but not out of shape, and it didn't tear. They were pulling the glove like crazy and had it in their teeth, but the glove survived. No wonder I love these gloves for yard work and moving stuff in the house. I'm about to go to buy bags of mulch, and will be wearing one wet glove as I load it. You don't always need to wash these in the machine, although they do fine on gentle cycle. Just running your hands under water while wearing them cleans them in most instances.

I bought a pair of these Atlas gloves 3 years ago at a local store for $8. They lasted all this time but needed replacing. I was glad to find them on Amazon as a six-pack and for such a good price. Atlas makes these in a small size which I need but have trouble finding in any brand glove. The nitrile stays flexible even after exposure to dirt and grease, oil and gasoline and they are tough enough to keep wood splinters out. They can be thrown in the washer and air dried and are as good as new. My skin is very prone to tearing so gloves are essential for me. These are like having a second (very tough) skin, with the added benefit of color coding them for different tasks. I can't say enough good about them even though they are just lowly gloves.

Got these because of review on another site. Have finished fall clean-up and am still using the same pair. Washed once, came out as good as new. Raked, pulled weeds, pulled thorny vines without damage to hands or gloves. Ordered a six pack but will give some away as Xmas presents, since 2 or 3 pairs will probably last through next spring and fall. Haven't used to stack wood yet but other reviewers said they survived that test without damage.

I use these gloves all the time for gardening and yard work where I don't need anything heavy duty. In the past I have bought package of all grey ones, but this time bought the different colors so I could more quickly find both a right and left glove that matched. Very durable and good for protecting fingers and hands with full range of motion for tasks where I need dexterity. I have frequently been surprised at how resilient they are from cuts - many times I was sure I had snipped them with clippers only to find they were intact !

Best gloves ever. I have abnormally small hands and these Small gloves fit like, well, a glove. Great value buying a six pack. You can get by with one pair a year, they will last and won't tear. However, they get grimy with wear and a nice fresh pair is good to have around. Colors are cute.. Breathable but not too flimsy... No fire ant bites through them yet! My favorite and only brand of garden gloves.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment