Tuesday, October 22, 2019

5.11 Tactical Rugged Reinforced Work Station Grip Gloves, Style

5.11 Tactical Rugged Reinforced Work Station Grip Gloves, Style 59351

5.11 Tactical Rugged Reinforced Work Station Grip Gloves, Style 59351

These gloves are not build with the dexterity of standard shooting gloves. If you need a pair of shooting gloves, buy a pair of shooting gloves!

I bought these gloves to replace a pair of junky leather bicycling gloves I used for bouldering & light rock climbing.

The grips on these gloves is made from a textured rubberized fabric which provides very good grip on textured and porous materials but very poor grip on perfectly smooth surfaces such as glossy plastic or polished metal. Holding an empty plastic cup in my gloves, the plastic cup will slide out slowly unless I provide above-average pressure.

The fingers on these gloves are built with extra thickness so people with large fingers will find these comfortable - I have skinnier fingers but the extra material doesn't get in the way at all. There is padding on the top of the glove but no padding on the inside of the palm.

I have a pair of 5.11 "tactical" shooting gloves and they are miles better for shooting than these. But if you need to move some lumber or use large tools, these won't give out like the shooting gloves would.

These are great gloves! I wear them at my job driving a semi truck, loading and unloading, drop and hook trailers, etc. They are very durable and have held up better than most any glove I've ever wore (and I''ve been at this job almost 40yrs).
Even tho they are durable, they are not too bulky. You can grip things and dont need to be always taking them off to do something.
My first pair I got quite a few years ago (5-6...maybe 8, I dont remember) and wore them everyday, 6 days a week
Was so impressed at how they held up that I bought a second pair!
I dont personally care for or use the velcro wrist bands so I cut them off, but that's just my preference.
GREAT GLOVES!

I've only had these for a couple of weeks now but I've found the only fit problem with a 9 size hand is that the thumbs are just a little long for my build. That is my only complaint. Oh, don't get them wet and try and drive your vehicle, it's a little slippery due to the long lasting material used on the inside palms and fingers, not a driving glove, a shooting and outdoors glove yes and I find it so far, to satisfy my every need in that category. The touch screen index fingers work well on my Droid Maxx phone with no problems too. I want to take some space here to thank Amazon for replacing my order that the Post Office lost after a "Quote" delivery attempt, that I didn't get a notice for. After 3 weeks of trying to track down and find my item (still lost at this time of writing review) I called Amazon and they really stepped up with free one day shipping to boot! Thanks to all the people that work at Amazon, especially in customer service!

I expected that the glove would articulate a little better at the knuckles but am finding them to be a little stiff right off the rack. I imagine that with any new glove made with a combination of synthetic materials that they will adopt the shape of my hand and adapt. I expect that there is a period of break-in as well.

Sizing was slightly different than I expected. I ordered the men's medium (I am a woman with large hands but thought the Large would be too large). I am finding that the fingers are long enough but that the hand / palm portion seem a little short. I am unsure if the Large would have resolved this. Keep this in mind when ordering, I think they run a little short for gloves.

I will be using them in EMS on a cold day when I need a little extra hand coverage for work around the station and in the bays. They have nice features to them and I like them - I just need to feel them loosen up a bit and may need to try a Men's Large in the end. For now, will stick with the Mediums because I typically find this size glove normally fits me.

Great pair of gloves. This is my 2nd pair in the last year. I normally blast thew gloves in an easy 2 months but these have been GREAT!
They fit very well and can take the punishment my job puts them threw! I'm even going to order a back up pair or two just in case I lose one... don't want to walk around with folks thinking i'm MJ.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rough and rugged chore gloves
  • Combines flash and slash protection with superior dexterity
  • 4-way stretch back panel
  • Elasticized wrist keeps out moisture and debris
  • Heavy duty nylon and ruggedized leather

Description

5.11 station grip gloves combine rough and rugged durability with a strong and dependable design that stands up to the toughest tasks.



My initial impression upon opening the gloves new are that they're pretty good for what you're paying for. Out of the box they do not have very good dexterity; as several other people have said they need to be broken in. They do seem to have good protection both on the palms and the knuckles. The knuckle part is padded and the main points of contact for the fingers and palm seem to be durable. The joints do not have as much protection but that's to give better mobility I assume. The pull tabs with the grey area to write your initials or name on are a nice touch and make putting the gloves on easier.

Handling a knife or a gun is not very easy while wearing these. But again this is only my initial impression and I haven't broken in my gloves yet. I'll probably make an update after using the gloves for a while if I remember to.

5.11 are nice. These gloves are great. Fit great. Feel great. Finally found these at a decent price since 5.11 over-prices their stuff. I will be saving this for future purchase for extras.

Great gloves! These are great all round gloves with super protection for your hand. I especially like the padding on the back of the hand that has a pleasing look. It doesn't look like plastic or rubber like so many do. The palms have a very aggressive grip material that is dimpled and feels like it will last a long time. I liked mine so much that I ordered a second pair. I have no problem shooting my AR with mine, although they would be a little tight on a compact auto.They are a quality utility glove wit a great look.

Been using these for a year and a half with significant (but not daily) use. The internal padding is rather thin but has not worn away. They haven't developed any holes. The grip surface is tough and provides a little extra purchase but I would not buy them for that reason. If you want some durable gloves at a reasonable price then these are better than most.

I have several pairs of gloves for different uses. I use these gloves for "heavy duty" purposes. They have held up to just about everything I have thrown at them. The padding on the knuckles is just right for impact protection. They fit right and I am not limited when using my hands.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment