Saturday, November 2, 2019

Lincoln Electric Black One Size Flame-Resistant Welding

Lincoln Electric Black One Size Flame-Resistant Welding Sleeves

Lincoln Electric Black One Size Flame-Resistant Welding Sleeves

I read the comments about being small and thought, they'll probably fit me. Now that I've used them. First, they're great. Second, I can see where someone with larger arms would have issue with these. I hope Lincoln Electric reads these, because I think a simple Velcro adjustable strap top and bottom, in conjunction with some elastic (but not around the whole as it is currently) would solve all of their fit/design problems. Like mechanics gloves - elastic with a Velcro strap to cinch down to size.

Ok, so will these fit you???? For size comparison, lets get personal.

I wear a 16.5" neck 34-35" arm length dress shirts, a Large for all other shirts, I have a 34-36" waist, depending on what I had for lunch, and I am 6'2" - 200lbs. They fit my small 13" office-made biceps and smaller typing-wrists just fine. Since I'm a freckled ginger-ish guy who works indoors, seriously, these will probably save my life from cancer while welding. If you read that thinking, wow, what a tiny sad little man... these wont fit you.

Unfortunately they don't help my amateur welds look any better. I have not tried to light them on fire to test the flame resistance, but I did not get burned while welding yet. Lastly, the material is a bit stiff, like burlap, not soft cotton, maybe most like a Carhartt jacket.

Honestly I wish they were just a hair longer. I'm not a super tall guy, but I'm taller than average with longer than usual arms (6'0" tall with a slightly longer than normal reach). These don't go all the way up to my t-shirt sleeves and leave a little part of my skin exposed to the UV, which is what I bought these to protect against, right on the front of the biceps, so that's a little annoying. It's in the part of the arm that I got a bad sunburn from welding which inspired this purchase, so I just hiked them up a little and sucked it up on the lower arm as per usual which sees lots of sun , so no sunburn, and spatter isn't usually an issue on my skin up past the glove cuff anyway. Anyone with normal length arms should give this five stars, because otherwise they are awesome for the price. Durable material that doesn't catch fire and didn't seem to mind the spatter like normal fabric. Not too hot and breathes well so comfortable even on a hot day out in the sun. I also like how they puff out and don't rest on the skin except at the cuffs, so sweat doesn't accumulate in them. Add about 2 inches more length for me and they'd be perfect.

My hubby just started welding, building items around our property. Even tho he wears a heavy jacket when he is welding, he still needs protection from the sparks. These fit over his jacket & has given him protection from sparks & from me, his wife from complaining about holes in his jacket. Very good product at a very good price, he has recommended them to his brothers & friends.

Simple sleeves to stop the sunburn (arc burn) from TIG or MIG welding. These work really well for those times you can't find a long-sleeved shirt to wear. Or if you just want to be able to slip everything off your arms and be comfortable after or between welding sessions.

The material is like a coarse nylon, so it's a little scratchy, but I got used to it right away.

This should cover you from armpit to wrist, so it works even with short TIG gloves.

I welded or many years and this is a great sleeve for welding. Good length and stays in place well.
But this pair I bought to use when I'm trimming thorny plants in my landscape. I'm generally in tee shirts since Florida is hot and I can pull these on to protect my arms much better than a long sleeve shirt.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Slip-on pair of welding sleeves for protecting the arms from welding spatter and heat
  • Made of 9 ounce flame-resistant material
  • Elastic cuffs at each end for protection and holding sleeves in position
  • Sleeve length 21 inches
  • Brand Name Lincoln Electric

Description

This pair of Lincoln Electric black slip-on welding sleeves protect the arms from welding spatter and heat. They are made from 100% flame resistant material for protection and lightweight at 9 ounces per square yard. Elastic cuffs at each end offer protection from spatter and hold the sleeves in place. Sleeve length is 21 inches.

Personal protective equipment (PPE) is specialized clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment that protect the wearer from hazards related to a particular job, sport, or physical environment. These include high visibility garments, hazardous material (HAZMAT) suits, hard hats and helmets, eye and hearing protection, flame-resistant apparel, bullet proof vests, steel-toed boots, welding aprons, chain mail gloves, breathing apparatuses, and padded garments for absorbing impact. PPE is used in medical and laboratory, construction, industry, military, fire and rescue, and many other environments where hazards are found.

Lincoln Electric manufactures welders and welding supplies, including the Century brand. The company, founded in 1895, is headquartered in Cleveland, OH.



I love these sleeves. I prefer to work in short-sleeved shirts and don't like to don an extra long-sleeved shirt to do short welding jobs. They fit comfortably under welding gloves and short sleeves. Have just had them one day, but used them comfortably all day in a 90° shop.

Don't have to slap on my jacket everytime. Use these all the time doing Iron Work in Florida. It's hot enough through 90 percent of the year, this lets me wear short sleeve shirts and still protect myself when having to weld and then remove them so I don't turn into a roast. Love 'em.

Do exactly what you need for a great price. Lightweight and fold up small, I work on a job where in certain areas you need sleeves and others you do not. On hot days I like to wear a short sleeve shirt and keep these folded in my hard hat in case I need my sleeves that day. Perfect for that, and the welders on my job also seem to like them and have been asking me to have my company start ordering them. Get these if you want some welding sleeves.

Use these instead of leathers in the summer. Weld mig and duely, carbon arc, and plasma in these and they work great. Go from wrist to just below my armpit comfortably (a little higher than in the picture). I can use regular gloves and not burn my wrists or arm unless in a weird position. I'm 6' and 165lb; arms aren't small, but not real big.
Very glad I got these. Worth every bit of $9. Haha

Purchased for protection of arms against puppy sharp nails. Excellent for that purpose. 77 years old and very thin skin and she was ripping the skin two or three times per day. Also purchased gardening gloves for complete protection. I am sure it work well for the advertised purpose, quality product.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment