Saturday, November 23, 2019

RAK Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for Holding Screws, Nails, Drill Bits - Best Father's Day Gift for

RAK Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for Holding Screws, Nails, Drill Bits - Best Father's Day Gift for Men, DIY Handyman, Father/Dad, Husband, Boyfriend, Him, Women (Black)

RAK Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for Holding Screws, Nails, Drill Bits - Best Father's Day Gift for Men, DIY Handyman, Father/Dad, Husband, Boyfriend, Him, Women (Black)

I bought this for those times that I'm working with our cordless drill. Our older, larger cordless drill has its own magnetic plate for holding an extra drill bit as well as a few screws. But we recently purchased a new, more compact cordless drill and I didn't realize until my first time using it that it didn't have a means to attach an extra bit or two.

So, that's where this magnetic wristband comes in handy. It's made of a heavy, reinforced canvas with a wide velcro fastener for attaching securely and snugly on your wrist. Until using it for the first time, I'd wondered if the magnets would be the right strength -- strong enough to hold small hardware without being SO strong that items would be hard to pull off. But they work well for what I've used them for so far which is mostly just holding a couple of bits (drill and screwdriver) and plenty of screws. They hold those well without them falling off or being too difficult to remove. The magnetic attraction is actually strong enough that if you needed to briefly stick a pair of pliers or other small tools on your wrist, it will stick (although it will eventually fall off if you bump a handle or part of the tool that extends beyond the wristband).

I can see it being helpful while doing various types of crafts that involve small metal pieces, although things that are very small or flat (like sewing pins or tiny flat washers) may be more difficult to get ahold of to get off the wristband.

There may be a brief learning curve to remember that your wrist will also magnetize to metal things you brush up against. If you work in close confines with metal surfaces or if you're working on a cluttered workbench with various metal tools/objects laying around, you'll find yourself occasionally "sticking" to things you don't want to. Still, not a huge problem since the magnets in the wristband aren't the super strong neodymium ones that'll actually pull things toward you.

Held all my screw & bits, was installing some oudoor patio speakers today using a ladder. This wristband held 6 acrews and about 5 different screw bits and over 5 coaxial staples at the same time. Exactly what I bought it for. It held my wire cutter but the vibration from my drill made it fall off after a while, this is not for other tools like that but it is def worth it. all the other stuff stayed on while I used my drill. Was impressed that the coaxial staples stayed on because it more plastic with small nail in each. Anyone whoe does not give this good review either has unrealistic expectations or don't know what they are doing. This is not to hold large screwdrivers, hammers and cutters, though I am pretty confident it will hold small screwdrivers. I was using a metal ladder so my hand kept getting pull towards it, so I know the magnets are good, pics demonstrate what I had on it today

I received the package today in good shape and as promised. The band will fit a very small wrist of 6" up to 10.5" comfortably and even up to 13" if one doesn't mind having the crisper side of velcro touching skin/shirt. The material is a good quality and the product looks nice. It is relatively thin / not bulky. At first I thought the magnets were a joke (there are 2 thin 1/2" diameter magnets in each channel) BUT I currently have two full pair of scissors (one is an old fashioned metal handle pair), a 12' Stanley metal tape measure and a pair of nail clippers hanging from them without any trouble. I then went to one of the drawers which contains washers, nuts and bolts and dragged it thru those. It held on to a good many! A full size screwdriver fell off when I shook it so I think the magnets could be a little stronger but overall, for it's intended purpose of holding on to screws or other metal fasteners & drill bits for a task at hand, it is great! I think it could be easily improved by a trip to my local hardware store for 5 - 10 additional 3/4 - 1" magnets because there is plenty of room in each channel for 2 more magnets. I can make a small slit in the fabric, insert the magnets and either stitch or use a bead of fabric glue to secure the slit.

Works great; the magnetism isn't so strong that you have to rip & pry things off of it.

Be aware, though, that any bits or bit-holders that have certain kinds of metal (such as bit extenders with stainless steel amalgams that include nickel) will NOT be as magnetic -- sometimes barely adhering to the wrist band. My DeWalt 6" drive guide with stainless steel sheath doesn't really attach (or stay). Find and use bits that will stick, so others won't be walking up to you saying, "I found this on the ground; is it yours?"

It's definitely an easier way to hold bits that are frequently changed, in situations like cabinet hardware installs, or cabinet installs. More convenient than an elastic band device or the clamp rails on a screwgun or other tool.

comments are their own matrix lol. sucks filtering through the ‘robot comments’ and the people who just like complaining. just got this and the magnets are strong, velcro is pretty sturdy. only complaint is myself felt pretty loose cause i have small forearms. yes you can adjust it to get tighter but it should be an easier way to do that if we’re being picky, overall good product.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 10 STRONG MAGNETS embedded in each wristband surround almost entire wrist for holding screws, nails, bolts, washers, drill bits. Perfect for home improvement, construction, carpentry, auto repair, sewing, and other DIY projects.
  • GREAT TIME SAVER by providing a 3rd helping hand when you need it most. No more headaches from losing or dropping small items while working.
  • PERFECT MUST HAVE GIFT for Birthdays, Christmas, and other Holidays for any DIY, handyman, father, boyfriend, men, or women. You won't know you need magnetic wristbands until you have one!
  • ADJUSTABLE FIT ONE SIZE fits most. The wrist band for everyone!
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If for any reason you are not satisfied, you have a full year to return the item, no questions asked. Factory warranty is non-transferable and will only be valid when purchased from RAK brand owner Ad Hoc, LLC.

Description

The RAK Magnetic Wristband is a must have tool for both the professional and the average person. It's perfect for home improvement, construction, carpentry, auto repair, and many other DIY projects. It's also great for fixing ceiling fans, recessed lighting, HVAC systems, electronic repair, model building, hobbyists, scrapbooking, sewing, gardening, and much more! A great gift idea for dad, mom, father, mother, friends and family.

10 STRONG EFFICIENTLY PLACED MAGNETS

The RAK Magnetic Wristband contains 10 strong magnets that are efficiently placed throughout the wristband to cover almost the entire wrist. Do not be fooled by other brands.

THIRD HELPING HAND

A great time saving tool by providing a helping hand when you need it most. No more going to the toolbox or searching your pockets. No more headaches from losing or dropping screws, nails, bolts, washers, pins, needles, drill bits, fasteners, and small tools. Finish the job in less time with less frustration!

BREATHABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT

The RAK Magnetic Wristband is made of durable, lightweight, and premium 100% nylon fabric with a soft, breathable padded mesh inner layer.

ONE SIZE FITS MOST

Our magnetic wristband wrist strap is adjustable to fit almost all wrist sizes. Great for both men and women.



This product arrived early, and was as described.

Pros:
Nice brand, strong magnets, double velcro, easy to use
Cons;
I dont like the feel of them on my wrists. They work a lot better around my sweatshirt sleeves... The 10 magnets are strong but I had issues finding a good place to put my *large* size wire clippers. These had a death grip on my flat razerblade sheathe. The velcro goes across 2 pieces and IMO makes it difficult to put on (since you're one handed)

All in all, if you're gonna buy a brand, either buy these, or find a pair that has a larger surface area of magnetism.

This thing is great. I thought maybe it would turn out to be just a gimmicky thing that would just get in the way, but no. Working on a deck, installing railings - ton of crap I would need to dig around in my hoodie pockets for - now all neatly stuck to my wrist. Awesome.

I've had long sleeves on (thin hoodie), and it works well. Haven't used it with bare wrists, but I'd imagine it's still worth it.

It also stays fastened really well, as there's a secondary velcro strap (the part with the "RAK" logo on it) that tightens over the edge of the primary velcro, so you won't catch it on anything and rip it off accidentally.

Great product, one of the things I do quite often is to repair the deer fence we have around our two acres of my wife's gardens. The fence requires constant work because I am also am visited by bears and I don't have $20,000 to run a bear fence around the whole property.. This means I do a lot of work on the edge of the woods, before I had this wristband I can't tell you how many bits and screws I lost in the weeds and leaves. It is also wonderful not having to dig into my pocket for another screw or a different bit, its always right there at my fingertip, I love it.

Bought this as a present for my partner bc he always needs me to hand him screws and nails when he's working on a project. Turns out, he enjoys my company and it's just fun to work together so I ended up being the one wearing the bracelet. But it's perfect! I line up all the fasteners he needs on my own wrist and can easily hand them to him or just place them on the end of his drill bit as He's leaning precariously from a roof, ladder, etc... I don't know why this isn't part of every toolbox. It's such a simple, easy, inexpensive solution. We are spending much less time searching for tiny screws that fall and that gives us more time for screwing. Things together. What did you THINK I meant?!

This was a little narrower than I had realized, but is adequate for the job. The band is comfortable and capable of holding a pretty good number of nails, screws, etc. It is great for keeping track of those tiny pieces as you are up on a ladder, for example. I changed out a lightbulb to test the band, and it was nice to have the fixture screws in a safe, convenient place, rather than rolling around in a little container or falling to the floor from the ladder. The band easily fits around a large wrist (as in professional wrestler large.) My wrist is tiny, and while the band does fit, it comes perilously close to overlapping too far. A smaller size for women, rather than one size fits most, would be perfect.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment