Monday, November 25, 2019

Superior VIBGHFV Vibrastop Goatskin Leather Palm Half-Finger Vibration-Dampening Glove, Work, Large (Pack of

Superior VIBGHFV Vibrastop Goatskin Leather Palm Half-Finger Vibration-Dampening Glove, Work, Large (Pack of 1 Pair)

Superior VIBGHFV Vibrastop Goatskin Leather Palm Half-Finger Vibration-Dampening Glove, Work, Large (Pack of 1 Pair)

Sometimes I end up taking work gloves off because they prevent me from working. Not these. They do exactly what they say they will do, protect your hands when using vibrating tools. I have logged about 60 clock hours in these with an orbital hand sander and an orbital buffer working on floors. I cannot say how my hands would be without the gloves but I can say I would not like to find out. I wear a ladies 8 1/2 to 9 glove and the medium fits perfectly. One of the cool things about them is the little tabs two of the fingers on the palm. You can grab them to help pull the gloves off.They do not get in the way of using the gloves. It is a very clever feature.

Bought these gloves for my husband and myself to wear while using weedeater.. line trimmer. He has a landscape business and we use weed trimmer and other vibrating equipment ALOT!! These gloves are very comfortable and cushion your hands. I being a female love these as they prevent calluses. I have small hands but got a medium and got hubby XL and they fit great. Took me a few times wearing to get used to gripping with these but they do help prevent numbness due to vibration after prolonged use of the weed eater. Glad we have these!! Love that fingers are cutout.. can grasp easily without removing gloves. Husband isn’t too fond of the bright blue & white. Says they’re a little flashy. I think they’re pretty!

Not perfect but they are the best of this type I've found. I use them for cycling gloves and they are better and 1/3 the price of actual cycling gloves, just not as cool looking. I did cut out a lot of the extra material between the fingers so they didn't bunch up. I'm sure over time the threads would start to pull out like that but for riding gloves they've held up alright. Currently have about 2k miles on them and am ordering another pair mainly because they don't always dry out between rides, kind of gross to put on wet gloves. They are still intact and doing an alright job taking up the road shock. Again, not perfect (would like a little different gel pattern) but they are thick, rugged and the leather is pretty supple.

I received the gloves last week while I was working on a project. This is a hand tool project but a few hours of planing can be as aggravating as the vibration from power tools. I put the glove on immediately and noticed the change is pressure, in two more shop session the gloves were on and the fatigue less. Today, I was planning on a little clean up work and did not use the gloves, I am noticing the difference.

Note, the gloves run to the small side. Medium gloves usually fit slightly loose on me and these fit tight.

a little ugly to my eye, but very very functional. And although I don't like them all that much, they get 5 stars because they look exactly like the picture, so it's not superior's fault. I got exactly what was pictured, it does have the padded, vibration-absorbing leather palms, and the blue part is mesh that breathes ridiculously well and yet feels sturdy enough to last a good long time. The seams are a little on the "ehhh" side, but so far they've held up.

I do wish they'd make a non-padded version though.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Goatskin leather palm half-finger vibration-dampening glove with stretch nylon mesh back
  • Padded with a layer of vibration dampening polymer
  • Good for protection from repetitive impact and work with pneumatic vibrating tools
  • Vibration protection in palm
  • Applications include repetitive impact work, pneumatic vibrating tools, construction, maintenance, grinding or sanding tools

Description

Superior half finger glove. Vibration protection in palm and base of fingers and thumb, soft and pliable goatskin leather palm, velcro cuff closure. These gloves are padded with a layer of 60 gram vibration-dampening polymer. Good for protection from repetitive impact and work with pneumatic vibrating tools. Soft and pliable goatskin leather palm. Cool, comfortable stretch-nylon backs. Half-finger gloves are often referred to as a fingerless, or open-finger, glove and carry the same aspects for vibration reduction purposes.



Very nice! . They really reduced the vibration when I weed eat. I have a lot of fences to weed eat & it can make the hands numb. these really reduce the amount coming thru, making the hands usable after I finish. Without them my hands tingle & don't work like they should for 20 minutes or so. also with fingers cut off they're comfortable & not hot I have small hands for a male (size 7) & the large are just right for me, so I'd hate to try " large" on big hands

After extensive searching I found these gloves and outside of being slightly tight for an extra large the gloves are great.
I run palm sanders and do a lot with my hands in my wood shop daily and so I wear anti vibration gloves to reduce fatigue and stress to my hands. These gloves are very well made, comfortable and have great vibration padding.
The value and price are great and these gloves will last much longer then the brand I was using.
Anyone needing vibration control I would recommend you check this glove out.

First off, I purchased these mostly for work with a sander, router, and other tools that can generate painful vibrations. They have worked fine in my few weeks of use, appearing very sturdy, with thick leather, more than ample gel padding (a good thing), and solid stitching. Thus far I have only used them when sanding drywall and they have impressed me with their dampening of the vibration. They don't eliminate it entirely, but they do what they claim to do, extending the time I can work. I still get some pain, but it is night and day difference, really. That they are open fingered gives one the dexterity lacking in full finger gloves.

I like them so much I am thinking of using them for cycling gloves to replace a pair of well worn, old Sorbothane cycling gloves. Perhaps too much padding, but I will try to report back after some use.

Just know that they are slightly undersized, with the large pair a somewhat tight fit for my large size hands. Nothing excessive, really, just a little snug and not too tight to make me return them for the larger size (if available). I have updated (25 October) my review to note that the leather has stretched with use to fit fine now, so smaller may be better in this regard. They seem to include extensions of the leather palms on the two middle fingers for removing the gloves from the hands, a nice touch.

Definitely recommended.

Follow up from a few years of use bicycling, June 2017. These are the best cycling gloves I have yet to find, other than the old Sorbothane gloves from 20-30 years ago. Unfortunately the Sorbothane gloves are no longer made, so I have gone through multiple gel, non-gel, and even unpadded bicycle gloves. Some pricey ones and the gel either quickly wears to nothing, or is not in the right places to prevent numbing. The Superior gloves are thickly padded, much more so than normal bicycle gloves. The padding covers the palms nearly completely throughout the tough goatskin. The stitching is solid, and the back, while not sweat absorbing, breathes well. I have hand washed them using dish soap, followed by Obenauf's leather treatment (also highly recommended), as they tend to reek after my near daily 40 mile round trip commute, much like all gloves.

Only minor thing with bicycling is that they are still a little tight initially, and tend to cause pain in the webs of my fingers. A few days of use and they stretch out to comfort, much like a Brooks saddle.

I will buy no other gloves, they are that good.

Very nice comfortable gloves. I use them when I mow the lawn or use any tool that vibrates or requires a firm grip for an extended time. Some care is needed in selecting the size however. If you buy too large, the padding can bunch up in the palm.

I am really happy I got these gloves. They are not really large though, or at least not what I expected them to be. If I could have gotten an "extra large" I would have.

That said, they do stretch. I bought these to use as bicycle gloves. I have been wearing them almost every day for the last few weeks, and they were stretched enough that I don't notice I am wearing them when I have them on and I prefer to wear them than bike without them. I'm glad I kept them.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment