Friday, November 29, 2019

MAGID Cut Resistant Polyurethane Coated Gloves, Size 9 (12

MAGID Cut Resistant Polyurethane Coated Gloves, Size 9 (12 Pairs)

MAGID Cut Resistant Polyurethane Coated Gloves, Size 9 (12 Pairs)

I obtained these gloves as an alternative to the multipack of latex or nitrile coated gloves I’ve been using for years, primarily for yard work. I’m used to burning through those cheaper gloves in a matter of maybe two Saturdays, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what I’m doing. I prefer these kinds of gloves particularly for the grippy surface they provide, which is excellent when you are shoveling or especially if you are moving rock, blocks, bricks, and more. I also like that they remain relatively form-fitting, and you don’t have to take them off if you are working in the dirt.

I used a pair of these for approximately five hours last Saturday morning. I was particularly excited to use these because I was handling strips of steel, moving steel rods, digging holes with a shovel, and using a pickax. Honestly, I’m a bit blown away by the durability so far. I recognize these will wear out just like any pair of gloves, but I think I’m looking at something that will last at least twice as long as the majority of similar gloves I have purchased in the past.

I’m not using these in an industrial setting, so I really can’t speak to their viability regarding the ANSI rating they have. But obviously, they are notch above any other similarly woven work glove products I’ve ever seen or used. Highly recommended.

First thing to get out of the way - these will not replace chain gloves for serious butcher work or other specialized safety equipment . They're not meant to.

As general protective gloves they're great. As I always do with protective equipment I tested it out. It resisted slicing with a sharp chef's knife, both on the nitrile palms and the fiber back. A serrated knife caught and tore the back but took a couple good swipes to compromise the palm. The palm stood up to dilute muriatic and concentrated acetic acid although I am sure they would have soaked through the backs. These gloves are NOT puncture resistant. Knife pokes and blackberry thorns went right through.

For what they are they're excellent

For a while now, my preferred type of work gloves have been knitted cut-resistant gloves. Whether or not I'm doing work where cutting is a hazard, I've found that those gloves just last almost forever while also giving me good dexterity. A downside to those gloves is that they're no protection against the slighted bit of moisture. When working outdoors in winter, my hands get painfully cold if my gloves get even a little bit wet. Also, the knitted fabric can be slippery on smooth surfaces. These gloves fix both of those problems. Though obviously not waterproof (the backs of the hands are still just knitted fabric), they'll let you handle damp and wet objects without getting soaked. And the polyurethane coating provides a good grip on smooth materials.
On the downside, these gloves don't have as much flexibility as plain knitted gloves, nor do they conform to your hands as well, so some dexterity is lost. But these are going to be my go-to gloves for rough work from now on; I'll just be keeping some uncoated knitted gloves on hand for occasional uses where I don't want to sacrifice that extra dexterity.

ANSI changed the cut standard last year and expanded the cut protection classifications. A4 and down are the same as the previous level 4 and down, but the old level 5 was expanded from 5 thru 9. You can find charts online. A4 means that 1500-2199 grams in weight is needed to cut. A4 is also the minimum level for glass handling, so if you're sorting recyclables or cleaning up outside, these are the minimum you'll need. We have a large park across the street and a few times a year someone will decide to empty the accumulated trash from their car on our front lawn. Bottles, cans, you name it. Never fun to clean and those grabby tongs can only do so much. I keep a pair of these by the garage door for those times, and when I need to sort glass and aluminum from our trash - because we can get fined if those are found in the non-recyclable trash.

Size 9 fits my generic size large hands. They are snug in the fingers because of the coating, but the wrist is just right.

I found the gloves to be a bit stiff at first, but they softened up pretty quickly after using them. I'm using them to handle steel sheet of various gauges when loading and unloading a CNC plasma table.

They seem to be up to the task. Some of the metal edges can be pretty sharp and without gloves will slice you like a knife. They also have some thermal resistant qualities as well. The metal can be a bit hot when it comes off the machine and without gloves requires a magnet or tongs to handle the material. I find that I can pick up certain cuts with these gloves while still hot in the 130 to 150 degree range.

They seem well made and should provide adequate protection from accidental nicks and cuts. They will not afford protection for puncture type incidents and definitely not for tedious work that requires delicate finger manipulation.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ANSI Level A4 Cut Resistance, ANSI Level 5 Abrasion Resistance, and ANSI Level 4 Puncture Resistance
  • Polyurethane palm coating maintains flexibility while delivering excellent grip
  • 13 gauge DuraBlend shell delivers breathability, comfort, and 360° cut protection
  • Affordable protection to meet the needs of any safety program
  • Shield graphic is color-coded by cut level to easily identify cut protection from a distance

Description

For customers who work with sharp materials and are looking for cost-savings, the GPD452 13-Gauge DuraBlend Polyurethane Coated Work Glove provide long lasting, comfortable ANSI cut level A4 hand protection at an outstanding value.

Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, importer, and distributor of work gloves and personal protective equipment (PPE), including first aid products and protective and disposable clothing. In today's rapidly changing work environment, product demands continue to evolve, requiring safety manufacturers to grow with the challenge. MAGID stays ahead of the curve by anticipating market needs and developing innovative products. Our dedication to this and our strong work ethic are reasons why customers choose MAGID as their PPE partner.

At Magid Glove & Safety, we use the most advanced and innovative technology to manufacture coated gloves that ensure safety and protection while improving productivity.

Our wide selection of coated gloves includes:
PVC coated gloves
Foam nitrile coated gloves
Sandy nitrile coated gloves
Nitrile coated gloves
Latex coated gloves
Polyurethane coated gloves
Rubber coated gloves 

In addition to superior protection, some of the most important factors to consider when choosing the right work gloves for your specific industry or job include dexterity and grip. Work gloves become useless and even dangerous if they do not allow workers to do the manual work required in their day-to-day jobs. Coated gloves provide the grip and flexibility that you need to handle tools, machinery and hazardous tasks with ease and protection. MAGID's coated gloves are made with special materials and liners to reduce perspiration and irritation, keeping your hands dry and comfortable all day long. 

Choose among a variety of coated glove materials, including cotton, cotton poly blends, para, nylon, para-aramid, polyester and more. In addition, we offer various coating types so that you can find the most effective coated gloves for your specific needs, including waterproof gloves – from full coatings and palm coats to finger coats and line patterns, we’ve got your hand protection needs covered.



I replaced some cracked nitrile coated gloves that had seen a few years of heavy use in our garden. These are great, and have spared me many a blister, cut, or scrape... and I love the large supply so I never have to worry about running out. The foam nitrile is sticky/tacky which helps with grip, and the mesh fabric allows some amount of breathability. I wish there was a bit more elastic around the wrist to prevent dirt and other things from making their way into the gloves but wearing long sleeves can help. The last thing and the reason I deducted a star is that the gloves don't have the same amount of flexibility as my last coated ones, and even after a few days of use they remain kind of stiff.

I got these because I insist that both my husband and myself wear at least minimal protection when dealing with thi gs that can cut/hurt us. I have worn them in our boat when dealing with fish scalers and a few other things and I like the nitrile coating as it helped my grip. We live in a rural area and are often using bush axes and machetes to keep vines and scrub at bay, and I always feel a lot safer wearing these gloves when I am swinging a machete at a thick poison ivy vine. My hands do sweat a little but I would rather have damp fingers than no fingers. The gloves aren't complete protbut at least it is some protection.

These will be fantastic for yard work! The main reason I got these actually- I go through gloves like nobody's business, whether its breaking them or losing them (usually breaking though). These are a bit big but makes it easier to put them on. They're strong and comfortable and the grip side is very high quality. Actually the whole glove is high quality and well worth it at the price point. I'll probably recruit the whole family to help me this weekend since theres no excuses not to!

Offers very good protection for yard and handy work. Size L (9) fit well. Live in a hot climate, yet this seemed quite comfortable to work with for their design. Texturized rubber palms improve grip. Unlike leather gloves, these remain flexible after wet and dry use. Having multiple pairs allows me to keep a pair in the truck, one in the shed, another in the garage, etc. Good buy.

These are very well-made and fit well. I have large hands for a woman but work with sharp pointy things on occasion. I like to know that my hands are protected. When I'm reaching into a bag of unknowns, this gives me security knowing I am less likely to get hurt.

It's a 12 pair pack so I can share with others too.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment