Thursday, November 28, 2019

Hatch SG20P Dura-Thin Search Glove, Black,

Hatch SG20P Dura-Thin Search Glove, Black, 2X-Large

Hatch SG20P Dura-Thin  Search Glove, Black, 2X-Large

From the description and reviews you'd get the impression that these gloves are super thin and easy to tear. They are not. They are work gloves that fit very closely to the fingers/palm and appear designed for cops, soldiers or motorcycle riders. But, they can work with a fitted suit too!

The leather is NOT thin, but not as thick as "heavy duty" work gloves or other "utility" style gloves. They are made for precision flexibility like you'd need if you were driving, handling firearms or as part of a uniform. The fingers are pointed for picking up tiny objects. They are NOT for warmth and have no particular padding or inner lining intended for warmth or expelling moisture. Thankfully, the gloves pull in at the wrist for added protection (maybe even warmth). This is VERY rare for gloves -- most are snapped shut or have wide openings at the wrist. These gloves won't interfere with watches, cufflinks or the shirt sleeves.

The gloves take some effort to get on when new, so you will have to break them in over time. Be patient. They could be worn with any uniform or outfit were protecting hands from the elements while still being stylish, fitted, and sharp. Unfortunately, they have the HATCH logo embossed (in black) on thumb side near the palm. It is not hugely noticeable unless really inspecting them -- and you can't see it on the Amazon photo -- but it does slightly take away from the sleek look I was going for. No logos on gloves please.

I have VERY LARGE hands -- size 12 -- so I ordered the XXL and they still are a bit snug and my fingers are at the very end with still a bit of the nuisance 'webbing' between the fingers. If you have large hands and wear gloves you know what I mean. These "Safariland" Police Search Gloves aren't bad and, so far, these are the best I've seen (especially for the price) without having to go custom. If you are size 11 hands (which are still pretty large) go for the XXL. Any larger hands and these will stop being useful. Size 12 is at the limit.

Amazon should include additional photos of the gloves or show them on a person to get the full effect. These are nice sturdy gloves that have none of the sloppy motocross or G.I.Joe look of so many other gloves. I highly recommend them! Made in Pakistan.

For the price, these aren't bad! They are definitely thin gloves and they don't get hot when wearing them. They are soft and feel sturdy enough. If these ever break, it'll definitely be the stitching that goes first.

My hands are just a little over 8", ~21.5 cm. I took a risk and bought the Mediums, which are sized exactly at 8", and they fit perfectly! The elastic wrist can make it feel like they won't fit. Just be patient and slip them on carefully. As you stretch them out more, they should slip on easier.

The fit seems a little strange at first, but I think it's intentional to give you better dexterity. You certainly won't forget that the gloves are there, but general tasks are quite easy with these. Just don't expect to type up an essay while wearing them.

Overall, they're pretty good for the price! I'll do my best to keep this review updated!

I really do like these gloves. I measure 8.5 inches around the hand, which is decently wide but I don't have hammy fingers. I went with mediums and they are perfectly snug. I intend to soak them and wear to fit them perfectly.

For the price they're great, but just remember the price point reflects the quality:
pros: price, comfy, fit me well
cons: sewer missed some stitching in one finger (my grandma or aunt can sew it up for me), also I realized the finger tips have more stitching that I'd like to see. Nevertheless I wanted a pair of thin, 2nd skin leather gloves for whatever purposes.

The Mpact mediums fit my hand well too but the fingers are too long in those for me just by 5 mm or so. I like these way better than the hatch spectra lining (it's like a net of a swim suit against your hands instead of nice fuzzy leather). Other than the stitching I got exactly what I paid for

Following the sizing directions proved to be a wise course of action. I normally wear medium size work gloves for snug fit and closer finger lengths to my (apparently?) odd digit lengths. I bought the extra large and found that 8 out of 10 fingers are the proper length (the thumbs are a bit on the long side) and the fit is just loose enough to know that they’ll form to my hands over time and with proper conditioning. The cuff band sits nicely below the palm like a shorty glove, with just enough length to cover my wrist’s real estate when flexing my hands up or down, open-handed or with clenched fist.
I would have given 5 stars if the thumb were a bit shorter, and the webbing between thumb and forefinger a bit more generous.

Fits like a glove... Haha.
The size chart works like a charm. I was slightly tight but as it breaks in it will be perfect...
Material is not too thick nor too thin - just man size.
And the size in inches in NOT wrist to finger tip like some folks mentioned above.
it is the circumference of your hand at palm right above the thumb.
I would buy it again...


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Constructed of a soft, 'second skin' thin leather for excellent dexterity and feel whether shooting, searching, handcuffing or driving
  • Unlined
  • Elastic wrists that will not interfere with jacket or shirt cuffs
  • Unlined and constructed from soft, durable premium leather that is cut "second-skin" thin for superior feel and dexterity while shooting, searching, handcuffing or driving
  • Wrist-length elasticized cuff provides a snug fit and will not interfere with jacket or shirt cuffs

Description

Our Dura-Thin Police Search Duty glove is one of the best-selling leather law enforcement models of all time. Their soft, ‘second-skin’ thin leather construction provides a superior feel whether shooting, searching, handcuffing or driving.



"Hatch SG20P Dura-Thin Search Glove, Black, Size Large" - perfect fit for a size large. These gloves are just a tad too thick and loose fitting to be considered "second skin." But they are certainly great fitting gloves and a little thicker leather than I expected. Excellent quality for a $20 glove. First thing I did after putting them on was to see if I could open a beer - no problem. I'm sure they'll fit a lot better once I get them conditioned and broken in. I'm really happy with this purchase, looks like a winner.

I've owned two pairs of these gloves for the last 3 years. I use a pair for work and the other pair when riding my motorcycle....FYI, they make a great pair of riding glove on hot summer days! I have always used large and they fit perfectly, thumbs slightly larger but after time it sized itself. My motorcycle pair wore out the palm so I ordered another set because these gloves are great. When they arrived I tried them on and they barely fit my hand and the right thumb was 1/4" larger than the left, so I send them back for a replacement. I could barley get the replacement pair to on my hand! Frustrated because I like these gloves. I returned them and I ordered the XL......Hopefully these work out.

These fit tight and may even seem a little small when you first try them on. Don't let that deter you. These are leather and they take a little time to break in. Once they do, I can find nothing to complain about, except maybe that they do take a little bit of time to get on if your hand is sweaty. Great glove. Nice feel to the hands and they even work with my iPhone screen!

These gloves are outstanding. I needed a simple basic pair of everyday gloves, and these are it. The last pair I owned, I had for 10 years. More importantly, my hands are more like paws, so finding gloves that fit was difficult. These are the only gloves I have found that fit my hands well. Built well with good leather. Can feel through the leather like it is a second skin. Unlined, and had some difficulty with the tough screen on my smart phone.

Nice all leather glove. I would have preferred they be a bit lighter, but are well made and comfortable. They run a bit small so I ordered a large in this glove and it is tight. Being leather, I know they will give with wear and breaking in. I've seen this identical glove for more money in a local gun store which is where I learned of the glove.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment