Sunday, November 24, 2019

BLACKHAWK! S.O.L.A.G. Tan Heavy Duty 8151MDTN Glove Nomex/Poly

BLACKHAWK! S.O.L.A.G. Tan Heavy Duty 8151MDTN Glove Nomex/Poly Bag/Medium

BLACKHAWK! S.O.L.A.G. Tan Heavy Duty 8151MDTN Glove Nomex/Poly Bag/Medium

Best pair of gloves I’ve ever bought! I don’t say this lightly. This is my second pair of these gloves. The first pair I bought over 3 years ago and have put them through things you can’t imagine. I’m a active duty marine and I’ve bought a lot of gloves and none of them have been able to come close to the durability and perfect fit of these gloves. I would still be using the first pair I bout if I had not lot the left glove. The only thing that might be seen as a down side is that they are not the thinnest gloves, the are hard hitting thick protective gloves and the fit is spot on so don’t order too small.

I am 5'11" white male and in my younger days I worked with my hand's carpenter, mechanic so I do have large wrists but I am not the biggest guy on the block. I was unable to get these on past my knuckles I have given them to my son in law and am waiting to hear from him if they fit. So I may need to return them and perhaps try 2xlarge. Quality is very good

I

~First off I would like to say that these are my first pair of Hard-knuckle gloves. I did a lot of reading an research and out of my list of 5 or so I decided on these. Blackhawk makes some REALLY good gear and i think I made a good decision. The price was a little high for my liking but it was worth every penny. I am Air Force ROTC cadet, paintball fanatic, mountain biker, and I do a lot of tactical/weapons related training. I also am an avid outdoors-man so I know how to put a pair of gloves through its paces and how to find their weaknesses.

~Now, I measures my hand about 5 times, 5 different ways. I measured using sizing charts from a few different sites and 2 different kinds of measuring tapes. If your hand is about a certain number the round up. My hand was just slightly to large for one size so I rounded up and I am glad I did.

~The only other thing is that you will notice that when you take the gloves off for the first few times you will have black stuff on your hands. That is just leather and fabric that you have worn off. It just means you are breaking your gloves in. This happens with a lot of leather gloves that are mad e to be tight against your skin.

Pros:
~Comfort - It took me about a week or a little more to break these in. When I first got them they were very tight and I was afraid that they wouldn't fit. Since leather stretches and forms to the regular shape I gave it time and now they are probably one of the most comfortable gloves I own (and I have like 10 different kinds)
~Grip - We were doing some weapons training and when I was holding the rifle I noticed that I didn't need to put a lot of pressure on the weapon to hold it in place.
~Looks - Blackhawk knows how to make stuff look good and they sure did on these.
~Knuckle AND finer protection - On the backs of the fingers there are some hard leather stub things, they are almost as hard ass the knuckle guard themselves. I haven't had time to test the knuckle guard itself but I do know that it is solid, comfortable, and very well molded. I have rather large hands and I was afraid my knuckles would be too big but I have no problem. There is padding behind the guard itself so when you hit something you don't fully feel the impact.
~Velcro wrist and back of hand - This is a great idea. I tighten the strap on the back of my hand and then do the wrist. This enables me to get a much tighter fit and create less movement. I have a pair of slip on gloves and they get annoying because I have to keep adjusting them, these I have no problem with.
~Dexterity - Let me put it this way. I can write (not as well as barehanded of course) and type with these. I typed this review while wearing them, takes a little practice but it is possible.

Cons: (unfortunately I have two)
~Stitching - I have had these for about a month now and I noticed that some of the stitching is coming undone. I have been wearing them a lot so it is understandable that they take some wear and tear. Now when I say "stitching coming undone" I only mean about a 2cm length loosened up. I think it was just the end of the stitching and the knot came loose from the looks of it. I just took a lighter to the loose ends and melted the strings so they wont come undone anymore.
~Fingertips - The fingertips are called boxed. I can't figure a good way to describe it. The only con for this is that sometimes when I put my fingers into the gloves the fabric will get under my finger nails, it DOES NOT affect the performance.

Amazon Prime got these here quickly, and I'm impressed with the gloves. One caveat; I ignored the weird "sizing chart", because according to it I should wear a "small". and I can't wear ANYTHING small. I went with my intuition and got the XL size, and they fit me like a second skin, especially with the dual velcro adjustments, which also allow you to anchor the gloves to your hands; they ain't gonna come off until you take them off.

I'm no military or cop guy, but these seem like they would be very good for taking care of serious business like that. Nice product, though not a cheap one....

These gloves are awesome! I have had them for a little while now and though they have taken quite the beating, they have held up very well. These tactical gloves are comfortable and well worth this great price.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Hunting tactical gloves
  • Made of the highest quality materials
  • Another great BLACKHAWK! product

Description

S.O.L.A.G. Tan heavy duty glove BLACKHAWK! s.O.L.A.G. Tan heavy duty 8151MDTN glove Nomex/poly bag/medium hunting tactical gloves



Gloves are very nice. Solid fit and good construction. Already some popped seams. Seem more like cosmetic issue than durability, because all the main seams are fine / double stitched. Idk. On sale worth a shot. Love the smell

when I received these gloves I knew right away they were quality, the feel of these are great.
unlike other tactical gloves, its very clear that a lot of thought went into making these. I went through three pairs of wiley x hard knuckle gloves in one year. being a helicopter mechanic I like to use gloves as much as possible, as there are lots of pokey things and I do my work right after landing so being grabby around the engines can be hazardous. the seams on the gloves are not on the tip of your fingers, which can be annoying but there are two seams on each finger which make the tip clear and the pad of you finger clear of a seam. I wear these everyday when I crew a Blackhawk (cliché I know) and I haven't had a problem playing with all the toggles and switches or handling equipment. most of the time they work with my iphone but it can be very cumbersome and its easier to take them off for a second (I use my iphone every flight for fuel checks, calculator, times, etc.) I believe I have an average male hand but I got a large and they fit well. I have had these for 5 mo. and they are holding up definitely in my opinion the top of tac gloves

The second strap for the palm and had area dies give the glove a more secure and comfortable fit, the wrist strap is very snug with an almost MMA sort of feel, i plan to get a name tape sewn on to the wrist strap because they were expensive and o dont want them to get jacked. the knuckle and finger ares fit good with no discomfort from the molded protection. the palms are cut to allow flexibility and dexterity for the fingers. Made in china :(.

These are seriously the best gloves I’ve ever owned and I’ve been through my fair share.
The main feature that really jumped out at me is just how comfortable they were and how much finger dexterity I had. I could use a keyboard, operate a bic lighter, my Leatherman tool, whatever I needed to do. They are quite tight, but once on fit perfectly.
The finger and knuckle guards are solid and well padded and can take a really solid impact without any discomfort.

Have become my lucky gloves. Held up through 3 tours

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment