Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Wells Lamont Work Gloves, Women's, Suede Cowhide, Small

Wells Lamont Work Gloves, Women's, Suede Cowhide, Small (1049S)

Wells Lamont Work Gloves, Women's, Suede Cowhide, Small (1049S)

At first glance, I almost sent these back. They run a bit large. But, at the time, I had a broken arm, and the left glove fit over my cast, so I decided to keep them. Boy, I'm glad I did! I am hard on gloves. I take care of my horses, my chickens, my dogs, and my yard. Gloves just don't hold up to the force I subject them to. Usually within a week or two, I can find a seam that's going to come unstitched, or a hole in a thumb, or somewhere where they are going to fail. Well I've had these a couple of months, and I've worn them almost every day, two or three times each day, and they are wearing like iron. They even are difficult to for rose thorns to pentrate. Not impossible, but better than my other gloves. I would like them better if the palm had a grippy surface for gripping pitchforks, but I just wrapped vet wrap around the handle of the tool instead, and that provides grip. I recommend these gloves. They are really tough.

I did not get these gloves at a discount, and the above is my actual unbiased opinion.

I purchased my first pair of these gloves in Ace Hardware and could try them on for a good fit. They have really been through it and finally, after several years, got a small hole at the seem on the side of one finger. I ordered a second pair (the same size as the first) from Amazon, but they were too big and the blue color was not the same as mine. I gave them to my mother for carrying firewood. If these gloves wear like my original ones from Ace, they are great gloves! I sewed up the little hole in the finger and still use them. I use mine for tough yard work...clearing thick brush, tree trimming, fencing, gardening, cutting grass (with a push mower), and almost everything else. I love the leather palm because I can cut and pull thorns from trees and carry them away. I also really like the softer material on the backside of the gloves because it is perfect for wiping sweat from the brows. When tree sap sticks to the leather, just rub a little sand between your hands and you're good to go! The velcro closure around the wrist is a must for keeping out debris while allowing for a perfect fit! Loose fitting gloves tire hands quickly and cause blisters. This style glove is the best I've ever owned. So disappointed these didn't fit perfectly!

I own a pair of these gloves, have been using them for over 2 years and wanted to buy another pair to keep in reserve because it's difficult to find women's gloves that fit well and will hold up. I was unable to find this specific type of glove in our local stores, was glad to find it on Amazon. I wasn't sure about the fit because I usually wear small but they were out of stock so I went with medium - they fit fine, not as snug but they are going to work for me. I have bought so many gloves over the years - these are the first that fit comfortably and hold up. They are designed so the areas that need to be stronger for using tools, pulling weeds and numerous other outdoor chores are well designed for those jobs. They are the best gloves I have owned, they are comfortable, durable and last longer than any others I've tried.

These are good gloves and for the price point they are a good value. The spandex helps them stretch/fit your hand and the type of leather (suede cowhide) will help with "high dexterity" applications. The description says "Random color will ship to you, cannot choose color" so if you have your heart set on one particular color these are not for you, however there are only two colors made (burgundy and royal blue). Not recommended for gardening or situations where the gloves are likely to get wet, but for higher-dexterity applications like using hand tools, operating machinery, or maintenance they work very well. Have not had any durability problems.

Personally I think your work gloves are great; however, these were for someone else and they got a tear in them the first time she wore them. She was working on making a walking trail for others.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Palm is made of premium heavy duty split cowhide leather. Comfort Closure adjustable wrist helps keep dirt and debris out of the glove.
  • Stretch fabric back ensures comfortable fit and winged thumb provides extra flexibility.
  • Ideal for doing yard work, using hand tools, doing maintenance, and more. Wells Lamont - Stubborn About Quality since 1907.

Description

Wells Lamont 1049S Women's Suede Cowhide Work Gloves protect your hands while you're hard at work. The palm of these gloves is made of premium heavy duty split cowhide leather, which has superior abrasion resistance. The stretch fabric back of the glove ensures a comfortable fit. The winged thumb gives you extra flexibility. The Comfort Closure adjustable wrist helps keep dirt and debris out of the glove. These Wells Lamont Women's Suede Cowhide Work Gloves are ideal for doing yard work, using hand tools, doing maintenance, or any other task that requires dexterity and durable hand protection. Wells Lamont – Stubborn about Quality since 1907.



Best work gloves I have ever used. second pair, they are comfortable and I can actually move my hands freely and feel what I am working with unlike alot of others. Good grip too

i have had a pair of these gloves for Years and they finally got a hole.
i ordered the same gloves same size and was so excited.
when they arrived, my husband was excited because they were HUGE and fit him
i wear a women's medium. apparently so does he! haha. Lesson learned,,,,, try them on in person.
if they really fit you, order 2...... i will keep looking for an outlet where i can try them.

I split and stack wood in the fall, and I have a hard time finding gloves that are up to the task. This is actually the second set of these I've purchased, as they lasted almost 2 full seasons before developing a small hole. I also really like the velcro wrist strap, as this keeps them from sliding.

Excellent glove that protects my hands well while cutting cedars. I have small hands and the small fit like a glove, pardon the pun. It's hard to find gloves that actually fit your hands when they are small and these did the trick. I have cut lots of cedars with them, and they have held up well, and I haven't had any cedars poke through them. I liked the first pair I bought so much, that I bought two more pairs.

The gloves were too small to fit my hands just as I feared, but the quality has impressed me. I'm so sad that I have to send them back because these gloves were exactly what I was looking for.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment