Monday, November 4, 2019

Snap Supply Bake Element for Frigidaire Directly Replaces

Snap Supply Bake Element for Frigidaire Directly Replaces 316075104

Snap Supply Bake Element for Frigidaire Directly Replaces 316075104

Christmas is saved! We were baking cookies and our element at the bottom of our Tappan model 31624412 broke.

The measurements listed were close, the element looked similar to the one that was in our Tappan, and it did fit as a direct replacement.

These things are pretty simple. Measure the inside of your oven, measure how far apart the contact arms on your current element are. As long as the new element fits in, and the contact arm distance is about the same, you should be OK.

Never had that happen before! turned the oven on to preheat and then it blew..pop! and a spark! it was out! Yikes! Had to change my dinner plans thank goodness I have a grill and wasn’t expecting and company.
It’s true what they say..they just don’t build them
like they use too! Yes the old appliances were big and bulky they weren’t streamline and digital but they seem to work longer. The new appliances we have now might be stainless, ceramic top streamlined,digital and have that special appeal, they lack in lasting power.
Unless the products are a Viking, Wolf etc. you know the names of the $5000 stoves! If it’s Frigidaire, GE, LG you only seem to get 7 to 10 years before something goes wrong. The other thing I’m finding is, when I go to the website with the model number they don’t even make this product anymore! they’ve been discontinued. In 10 yrs they’ve come up with something else. Okay fine, now I have this is a ceramic top digital stove that’s obsolete. Sure it can be repaired thank goodness for repair technicians, but you won’t ever get original parts.
So far so good.. the replacement part seems to be working like a charm.

I liked that it actually arrived before the projected date of arrival. Installation was easy; although a resource for instructions was provided, I didn't need it. The only thing I didn't like about the process is that I was never sure if I had ordered the correct product. None of the options described the specific appliance I have. I had to go solely by the physical appearance of the product image. I was looking for a Kenmore heating element and none of the options listed my make and model. The Frigidaire image looked like the broken element in my Kenmore, so I ordered it with fingers crossed. Thankfully, it appears to have been okay because it works again.

Without this part there wouldn't have been a Christmas dinner! My husband turned off the power, pulled the stove out, took out the broken element, and then replaced it with the new element. He did need to pull wires from inside the oven out some so he could unsnap the broken element and then snap the new element into place. If you don't like messing with wires then have someone else do it. If you are OK with the wires there are a lot of videos on YouTube that show you what you need to do.

Just got this tonight and installed. It arrived exactly on the date expected. This element matches great. The small tabs that secures the element to the back of the stove are angled slightly most likely to fit another similar model. It posed no problem as you can just straighten them easily for a flat mount application. I think the OEM one was this way too. Turned it on and it heats evenly without any brighter hot spots on the element. No need to spend double on the OEM as this is equally well. Highly recommend this product


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • This Bake Element Directly Replaces the following Part #'s: 316282600, 09990062, 1465763, 316075100, 316075102, 316075103, 3203534, AH2332301, EA2332301, F83-455, PS2332301, B005B9CI96
  • Quality you can Trust! All Snap Products are made with premium materials and are tested so they last.
  • Buy with Confidence! Snap Supply Parts always come with a 1 Year Warranty.
  • Installation Instructions available on our website! UL Certified
  • Compatible with the following Oven brands: Electrolux, Frigidaire, Gibson, Kelvinator, Westinghouse, and others

Description

Compatible with the following Brands: Electrolux, Frigidaire, Gibson, Kelvinator, Westinghouse, and others Cross References: 316282600, 09990062, 1465763, 316075100, 316075102, 316075103, 3203534, AH2332301, EA2332301, F83-455, PS2332301, B005B9CI96 Some Suitable Model Numbers: TEF351EWB, FEF336ECE, FEF352AWF, FEF352AWG, MEF352BGWD, FEF352AWA, FEF352AWE, FEF366DCE, TEF326FSA, FEF316ASA, FEF369CGSB, TEF361ESA, TEF361ESC, FEF322BAWM, FEF326ASG



Despite coming in a ginormous box, this was just right for my oven. Super easy to install after watching some youtube videos and buying a 1/4" nut driver for like $5. Trust me, a regular screwdriver won't work. I was back in the baking business about 5 min after starting the switch-out.

The element is a well-made, sturdy part. Easy to install. Works great. Priced cheap. The mounting brackets/flange that screws to the back wall of the oven could be a little less flexible, but that's just me nitpicking. It won't affect function, reliability, or safety. I recommend this part.

When my old element went out (In a sparking and fiery event) I thought I was going to have to buy a new oven. Quick research online and I was able to purchase this new element, and install it in only a few minutes. Very happy I was able to fix my oven so easily and inexpensively.

Bit hard to figure out if I had ordered the correct element with so many item #'s. Amazon could make that easier.

Also needed to buy a special tool to detach the weird bolts for the old element, and install the new element.

Still, figured I saved about $200 by not calling an appliance repairman.

Correct model number but different size...was flexible enough to make it work though...wires fell though hole so I had to remove entire panel from back of stove to install...pain in rear end...but works like a charm, so all is good now...use something to hold wires while installing is the moral of this story...

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment