Thursday, July 18, 2019

Buyers Products (CC600) 6" PVC Conduit Carrier

Buyers Products (CC600) 6" PVC Conduit Carrier Kit

Buyers Products (CC600) 6

I looked for the best available Conduit Carrier and I felt these were the best. These are the only ones I found with a true "saddle" for the conduit to sit in. Much stronger and far less chance of crushing the PVC pipe. I did interact with the customer service department to get some additional parts and they were fast and efficient. The end castings seem to be quite good. No cavities or flaws in any of them. I really wanted to give this a 5 star but there are two flaws that stopped me. First, and this is a small one, the end casings are shipped face to face (aluminum to aluminum) and they tend to arrive somewhat scratched. Not a biggie since these are construction grade items and pretty isn't critical so minor issue. The more troubling problem is the way the hinge and latch are designed, the covers are quite loose when latched and not even close to watertight. There is a nice rubber gasket on the inside of the opening lid but because of the design, it never touches the mating surface. The larger the PVC size the bigger the gap. You can see this in my pics. (I have purchased one of each size - 4", 6" and 8") I solved the problem by adding some spring latches which hold the doors closed tight so they are now watertight. With that modification these are the best (IMHO).

I looked for the best available Conduit Carrier and I felt these were the best. These are the only ones I found with a true "saddle" for the conduit to sit in. Much stronger and far less chance of crushing the PVC pipe. I did interact with the customer service department to get some additional parts and they were fast and efficient. The end castings seem to be quite good. No cavities or flaws in any of them. I really wanted to give this a 5 star but there are two flaws that stopped me. First, and this is a small one, the end casings are shipped face to face (aluminum to aluminum) and they tend to arrive somewhat scratched. Not a biggie since these are construction grade items and pretty isn't critical so minor issue. The more troubling problem is the way the hinge and latch are designed, the covers are quite loose when latched and not even close to watertight. There is a nice rubber gasket on the inside of the opening lid but because of the design, it never touches the mating surface. The larger the PVC size the bigger the gap. You can see this in my pics. (I have purchased one of each size - 4", 6" and 8") I solved the problem by adding some spring latches which hold the doors closed tight so they are now watertight. With that modification these are the best (IMHO).

This product is great. I used it on an 8 inch pipe and attached it to my kayak trailer to store my fishing poles and push poles.

Ok so the UBolts could be slightly longer but they worked they're bolted through a 1 1/4" square tubing ladder rack. I used a clamp to squeeze the u-bolts down enough to get a couple threads showing two get the nuts started and then finished off with a box wrench, but it's on it's serious sh.t with the clamps but they're on. I siliconed the ends on after tapping them on with a rubber mallet it's kind of a snug fit seeing how it's just going to hold PEX tubing that should be fine. If you're worried about the ends flying off while you're racing around town between jobs run a screw through each end cap.

Works great. We bought 5 of these for our vans. I went to Lowes and bought 6" conduit and gorilla glue. The instructions recommend drilling holes in the end caps and using screws to attach the end caps to the conduit. I used outdoor gorilla glue and it worked great with ease.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Designed for use with ladder racks, this kit offers flexibility to build a kit to any desired length
  • Includes cast aluminum door, end cap and saddle brackets; and zinc-plated U-bolts and hardware providing superior protection and durability
  • Door features spring loaded latching mechanism, padlock tab (padlock sold separately) and rubber gasket for security and weather resistance
  • Simple assembly and lightweight kit provides quick and easy installation
  • For use with 6 inch diameter PVC pipe (not included)

Description

Buyers Products PVC Conduit Carrier Kit is designed to mount on ladder racks and can be adjusted to build a carrier to any length. Its cast aluminum cap has a spring-loaded latching mechanism that allows easy access to the conduit. A neoprene gasket on the door seals the PVC to keep the interior dry. For added security, the ends have pre-drilled padlock tabs (padlock not included). For use with 6 inch diameter PVC pipe (sold separately), the PVC Conduit Carrier Kit includes everything needed for fast installation.



Well constructed and fit properly. I used silicone chalk and screws on the cap end and bolts on the end that opens and locks. I bought an 8 inch model. It’s mounted on my John Deere Tractor so it’s painted Deere green. The tube length I used was 50 inches long. I’m in the forest a lot and there are rattlesnakes and other poisonous snakes. It houses a .410 shotgun and locks. Perfect for my use.

I seriously don’t know what’s wrong with the bunch of snowflakes giving this product bad reviews. I have a rack-it ladder rack, which is one of the most popular racks out there. U-bolts were a perfect fit. I used 5 minute epoxy to attach the two caps ... it was a nice right fit and good luck getting them off now. I bought a 10 foot section of 6 inch schedule 30 from lowes and the pieces fit like a glove. Honestly, if you need one of these on your truck, you aught to have enough practical skills to actually get it mounted. I can’t believe us Americans put a man on the moon with all these idiots complaining about this product. It’s nothing more or less than advertised or described. I’m ordering 2 more and my brother is ordering 4.

Got this for my husband for his work truck. He loves it. We got the 10 ft piece of 6" PVC from a local plumbing supply store to complete the install. He uses it to hold all of his smaller pieces of PVC, Lineset, Copper, etc for his HVAC business. It works great and he installed it without a problem.

You will need screws, a drill, and caulk to install this product. I recommend using rubber washers to seal your screws to the pipe. This isn't a problem for me, but the description is incorrect in it's statement that it provides, "you get everything you need to build a safe, secure, lockable carrier for conduit". You will need to buy parts and the directions direct you to drill through the kit to instal the screws (which do not come with the kit). Still, a nice heavy 6" conduit carrier kit that you can padlock shut.

I don’t know what all the other reviewers are talking about. Maybe I got the only one as actually pictured. You do NOT need to bolt this to the PVC pipe. It fits snug using some primer and PVC glue and or silicone. Door is a little janky. Not sure if it will keep things in the PVC waterproof but overall, made well and looks great.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment