Sunday, July 28, 2019

Stainless Steel Mesh Hand Glove - Cut Resistant

Stainless Steel Mesh Hand Glove - Cut Resistant (M)

Stainless Steel Mesh Hand Glove - Cut Resistant (M)

I did not trust the cheaper versions of this glove as I had a mishap with a pair of meat scissors that nearly costed me my finger. The only problem is the glove does not stay in place very well. So I found myself having to readjust the glove after only 2 or 3 slices (I make chicken jerky for my basset hounds on a regular basis). My bright idea was to secure the wrist with a rubber band---problem solved--with no discomfort. Now, I have no complaints. The glove has already stopped my scissors numerous times. Much, much cheaper than a trip to the emergency room. Easy to clean. Love it, love it, love it! Worth every penny.

First, thank you to previous reviewers for sharing your experience and sizing recommendation. I typically wear a unisex medium and that is what I got, with the intent of wearing a latex glove under it. The glove and underglove fit well on the whole but the fingers vary; the thumb fits like a (drum roll) glove but the ring and middle are a bit long. It arrived quickly.

I bought a mesh glove after breaking the wrist on my dominant hand and reacquainting myself with my mandoline. Plain and simple, I am out of commission for 2+ months and can't afford to injure my other hand, which would be inevitable. Based on slicing both salad ingredients and zucchini strips, I think I made a good investment that will save me much grief.

I purchased this for my son who is a chef. He loves this glove! He uses it for shucking oysters and for using the mandolin. It has made these tasks easier and safer. The fit is great. It perfectly conforms to his hand. Because the mesh is malleable the glove moves easily with no cumbersome stiffness. Pricey, yes. But well worth it when compared to painful cuts that could result in a trip to the emergency room.

If you work with knives or (especially) a mandoline in your kitchen, and you don't wear a cut glove, then you fall into one of two groups: those who've already cut themselves seriously, or those who will. So save yourself a trip to the emergency room later--not to mention permanent damage to your fingers or hand--by getting this stainless steel mesh cut glove now. Yes, it's expensive, but how much are your fingers worth to you? I learned the hard way one day, when trying to slice through a tough-skinned squash with a 10" Japanese chef's knife. The blade slipped off the skin, and all my effort to push the sharp edge through the squash was suddenly transferred to my thumb. I'm fortunate to still have it.

There are cheaper fabric cut gloves out there, and I owned one myself for a while, but they have several disadvantages vs. quality stainless steel mesh: 1) They protect against slice wounds but offer no protection against stab wounds, if your knife happens to slip that way. While the very tip of a knife can still poke through the tiny holes in SS mesh, it will go no further than that, offering much better protection in stab wound situations. That's the reason you'll always see oyster shuckers wearing a SS mesh glove. 2) Fabric gloves are easily soiled by foods you handle and can't be rinsed off--you have to wash them, but even that may not remove the stains. SS mesh rinses off easily and can be completely decontaminated in the dishwasher. 3) My Microplane fabric glove deteriorated as I wore it and had to be replaced. High quality SS mesh like this particular glove could last you for life.

Remember that not all SS mesh is created equal--there are some cheaper but much lighter weight (and less protective) SS mesh gloves out there. This glove gives you very high quality for the price. Like many things you buy, you get what you pay for here.

I read on the product page that this glove was sized big, but I found that not to be true, and I wear the glove on a bare hand. Following the suggestion, I ordered one size smaller than usual, and ending up returning it for my normal (medium) size. Professional meat cutters working in refrigerated rooms will probably want a fabric glove for warmth under the SS mesh, so size up appropriately. This glove does have a non-fabric elasticized cuff at the bottom, which gives you a comfortably snug fit around the wrist.

Bottom line: this glove might seem expensive, but a hundred bucks is a bargain for the best. lifelong hand protection you can buy. Don't wait till the blade of a knife or mandoline convinces you to finally buy one. Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I hope you find it helpful in making a buying decision. I do my best to answer questions posted in the comments section.

I've cut myself too often and finally decided to get one of these gloves that used to be available in the professional kitchens I worked in decades ago. The only complaint is that the wrist doesn't have any built in form of tightening. I'm using a rubber band at the wrist and that keeps it from slipping. FWIW: this will protect you from knife cuts. It will not protect you from power tools, cleavers or other high energy devices/moves that can also injure your hand.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Ambidextrous - Glove will fit either hand - Made in Germany
  • All-metal cuffs won't break down or fall apart like fabric or plastic cuffs when exposed to water, chemicals and soil
  • Made from 100% high-grade stainless steel with hermetically sealed micro plasma welds
  • Self-adjusting tensioning system allows for easy fit without straps or buckles
  • Gloves do run big: We recommend ordering a size smaller for women

Description

The unique construction of these gloves eliminates gaps that can trap soil and feed the growth of bacteria. This dramatically reduces the risk of contamination. The state-of-the-art design also results in stronger, smoother and hermitically sealed ring connections that have no weak spots.



I needed a good kitchen glove after a couple of trips to urgent care.After reading reviews for this product, I figured I would "splurge" and upgrade to a nicer option. I have been very happy so far. The glove does not restrict movement, it fits VERY nicely and one would have to really try to cut themselves with the glove on (note: you CAN get the tip of a chef nice in between the mesh but you have to work on it and almost want to stab yourself; would probably be a little concerned if shucking oysters though).

The only complaint is that the glove makes it difficult to work with smaller items like garlic or shallots but overall it's worth the investment just to save on bandaids and/or ER visits.

Am using this in my restaurant to cut meat. This glove is expensive but worth every penny. I cut myself badly a few months ago and that's what made me decide to buy some better protective wear. This glove is the real deal. Not hard to work with when it is on, and there is no way you will get cut while wearing it. I normally wear a size large women's glove and I bought the size medium mesh glove. I wear a vinyl glove under it and it fits fine. The guy who comes in to cut meat for me sometimes also wears it and it fits him well also and he is medium height/build guy.

Ordered this for my cooking husband after numerous small cuts and a final cut which sent him to the ER with a $150 deductible and five stitches. I don't agree with other reviews that it runs big, he wears a medium glove so I ordered small but had to return for medium. It is very flexible and easy to use. I was afraid it would be stiff. He thought it was silly but wears it now when chopping. Great buy!

Great quality. I am a surgical glove size 7.5. The medium fits perfectly. I've cut my hands once too many times when cooking. This glove is worth the cost.

I feel so safe using this glove. I have cut myself so many times without it and now I never use a knife unless this glove is on my hand.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment