Sunday, July 21, 2019

ARS-VS-8XZ Signature Heavy Duty

ARS-VS-8XZ Signature Heavy Duty Pruner

ARS-VS-8XZ Signature Heavy Duty Pruner

Got these clippers for my wife who is a master gardener and has huge perennial gardens. She has a horrible time getting good clippers. She used them today and gave me a huge thumbs up. She said they are the best clippers so far she has used. They stay open when she wants them to and locks up easily. They are sharp and do the job. She was quite relieved and said they are well-worth the money and way better than Felco's. She has a couple pairs of those and she says they are nothing but trouble and when you try to get them replaced (supposedly guaranteed, good luck trying!) She recommends that good gardeners grab these and you will really like them. She is happy I got them and can't wait to get out there tomorrow and use them more. With these clippers and her Hori Hori knife, she needs nothing but a bucket. Her gardens are amazing.

When I purchased these a little over a year ago, I couldn’t decide between the ARS and Felco, so I bought both. I quickly found that I prefer the ARS over the Felco. What I love about them: 1) They’re really sharp and haven’t dulled after a year of heavy use, 2) You can unlock them with a single hand (just give it a little extra squeeze), 3) They fit comfortably in the hand. I like them so much I have recommended them to several family members that are also gardeners. I’ve considering buying a second pair in the event my current ones every break - that’s how much I like them. Best pruners I’ve ever owned; highly recommended.

These clippers are the best I have used. They are expensive, but I've used slightly more expensive clippers and these seemed at least as good to me. I use these for hiking trail work probably about ten hours a week. They are used to cut thick vines and branches--up to the one inch advertised--and as I use them they cut a lot of them. I like the method of locking and unlocking the tool; it is comfortable for me and very easy to do and has been more durable than what I have used on less expensive clippers. The tool fits my hand very well and is angled very well for my wrist. Whether it's worth the expense for occasional use I can't say; it wouldn't be for me. For occasional use any of the clippers I have used would be adequate for me. But I use these heavily and they have already lasted twice as long as the ca. $25 clippers I used to use most of the time, and as far as I can tell they are like new. I expect in the long run they will be cost effective and along the way a pleasure to use.

These are very well made pruners. I have also used Felcos and like this a bit more though both are excellent. Before purchasing make sure you select the size carefully as they make 7 inch and 9 inch versions. I am male and 5'7 and bought the 8 inch version and this is perhaps slightly small for my hands. If you are larger than me I believe you should buy the 9 inch version rather than this version. The packaging is Japanese as I suspect is the sizing.

Excellent shears! Great smooth mechanism, sharp. Love the easy locking mechanism. The finest I've used, and I've gone through many different types.

I recommend getting the ARS cleaning fluid ARS Tool Cleaner as it does an excellent job of removing all the organic mess that gets on the shears.

I then use a bit of Rem Oil REM OIL 4OZ. AEROSAL to keep the blades clean and the mechanism oiled. I use this also for all my knives and other shears at home.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Squeeze handles to open
  • Superior, long-lasting sharpness from ARS
  • Hard chrome plated for optimum protection against rust and sap build up
  • Ergonomic handles and offset blades for maximum comfort
  • Replaceable blades

Description

The new standard in professional hand pruners, the HP-VS8Z has everything you want in a heavy duty pruner. The pruner features the world famous sharpness of ARS products, which lasts far longer than competing brands. The blades are hard chrome plated, which supplies the greatest protection against rust and sap available. The blades are offset to maintain natural hand strength and greatly reduce carpal tunnel effects from continued use. Squeeze the handles to open, leaving your other hand free to deal with the job, not the tool. All components are top quality designed for continued professional use, including the spring, which is a full, anchored, wire coil spring that will not pop out or break after heavy use.



I researched tons of hand pruners (incl. felcos & coronas) before deciding on this masterpiece. They are amazingly sharp, quality-built and designed, and have a great ease of use (especially the unlocking/locking mechanism, truly a one-handed device). Btw, I'm a male, 5'9", with medium hands. They have the power to hold up against larger diameters than what it's rated for, yet delicate and precise enough to trim off the burnt ends of spider grass. Given their exceptionally "clean cut" they don't crush or mash the end of the object you're cutting, which is exactly what happens with inferior pruners. I pruned for 3 hours straight one day and never felt any pain during or after. I'm glad I read the reviews of master gardeners switching to these after life-long relationships with their felcos. Don't think twice about the value you'll receive, get them while the price is low (I paid $34). Keep them properly cleaned and they will last forever!

I've always had a fetish for Japanese blades, be it kitchen knives, woodworking tools, and, now, hand pruners. These ARS HP-VS8Zs are a work of art. The formidable blades are stupid sharp and the heft of them- along with some grip strength on my part, lets me cut cleanly through live wood up to a full inch without much of a strain. And, yet, they zip through ornamental grasses and leaves like a fine pair of scissors. I've only had these beauties for a month or so but I've probably got 20+ hours or so in using them roughly. Beyond a nightly removal of sap/gum/dirt from the blades and a judicious application of skin oil straight from the side of my nose onto same, the edges may as well be brand new. Love these.

Only one day of use and it cuts very well. It wants to keep locking itself closed otherwise I would give it 5 stars. Don't be in a hurry when you order because they ship from China - apparently by boat! Update after many uses: These are the best hand pruners I have owned (too many to remember) because they are so sharp and robust enough that the handles do not bend when I cut through large branches. I have always thought that whatever width the blades open, the pruners should be able to cut whatever plant you can get in there. These do and most don't without damage. These are the sharpest blades I have used and are the first to cut me so they require more care in use than lesser pruners. They would be fantastic if not for the annoying lock...

I chose to purchase this brand based upon reviews from gardeners, and I am not disappointed. This is a great pruning shear. It is a smaller handheld pruner with a great deal of cutting strength. I wasn't sure when I first took them out of the packaging because of the size. However, I was pleasantly surprised as to how comfortable they are to use and easily the cut. I have been a gardener for nearly 30 years and this is by far the best pruner I have owned to date.

Excellent pruners. I've read that these are the absolute best. Better than Felco 7's, etc... I absolutely love the click-to-open feature because you don't need to use two hands in order to lock or unlock them, making them great to couple with a sheath. If you pair these with a pruner sheath and a gardener's hollow leg, you can work at a great pace.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment