Monday, July 15, 2019

Mechanix Wear - Material4X M-Pact Work Gloves (Large,

Mechanix Wear - Material4X M-Pact Work Gloves (Large, Brown/Black)

Mechanix Wear - Material4X M-Pact Work Gloves (Large, Brown/Black)

I have had these gloves for almost a year now and they are still solid and going strong. I work in the fire service so these gloves are constantly getting soaking wet, drying out, and then being re-used. One thing that confused me initially; when you look at the photographs of these gloves you will see two different versions. Some of them have reinforced material on the index finger and thumb tips in black. Other photos have solid leather for the entire finger with reinforcing. The gloves I got had the black reinforced tips. I'd prefer not to have anything stitched on the tips of the fingers since the stitching from my last pair of Mechanix gloves started to separate there. I went with it anyway and so far after a year the stitching is still holding up and there are no parts of the finger tips coming apart. These have definitely been worth the money even if I had to replace them at this point after a year they don't show any signs of wearing out. I'll buy another pair without question next year if they hold up that long.

These gloves have been way better than the other Mechanix Wear gloves I got that had the new fake leather they are somehow pawing off on their "work glove" line. If you are going to get any from this line get these. However I am only a few weeks into wearing them so if they don't hold up I'm going to just get a pair in black of the M-Pact tactical gloves like I have that have held up to almost 6 years of abuse in the military cause they are actually made with real leather.

These were a replacement for an older pair of Mechanix Wear gloves that the fingers were about worn thru after my last project of building and replacing both of my fence gates. I read some about info about synthetic leather that was supposed to last longer and be more durable so one of the reasons I chose these. I land between a small and medium on size and since my old pair was a small and after being broken in, they fit pretty well, I took a gamble and ordered small on these. Good choice, the fit is excellent and as I use them for chores or projects, hope they will work as good or better than my old pair. Got a good price on these due to Amazon points and fit, finish and seams all look really good. Very happy with the purchase!

I do a lot of chainsaw and ranch work. I have tried a lot of brands of gloves. Some last only a few days before holes start in the fingers and I need to use the military glove field repair, i.e. wrapping the fingers with Gorilla tape. These gloves held up much better than most. I also very much like the Velcro strap feature as it keeps the gloves in place. I will definitely buy this model of glove again once these finally wear out.

I've used these gloves with medium intensity for several months now, and I really like them. They are extremely comfortable and provide excellent protection (particularly on the back side of the hand, where I frequently bang against stuff) without sacrificing all your sense of touch.

Size: XL, and I have very large hands but these fit ... like a glove ...


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle guard and finger protection.
  • Material4X internal fingertip reinforcement provides added durability.
  • XRD palm padding absorbs impact and vibration.

Description

The Material4X M-Pact combines critical impact protection and Material4X microfiber for the ultimate tool. Material4X microfiber redefines durability with higher abrasion resistance and greater tear resistance than standard synthetic leather gloves. The dual-layer internal fingertip construction reinforces each finger to handle extreme abrasion, while the embossed and textured index and thumb deliver grip where you need it most. Flexible Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) creates an exoskeleton protecting the back of the hand from impact and abrasion injuries, while XRD palm padding absorbs vibration from high-impact tools and heavy lifting. When the going gets rough, reach for the M-Pact with Material4X durability to get the job done. Imported



Used for firewood and protected me from splinters but $35 or so. The wood ripped up threads some. Great fit. Somewhat warm. Comfortable but take a beating with stitching and firewood. Shouod use wood gloves but are cold and cheap feel inside. Wood gloves are 10 bucks, these are 35.

I work in the industrial refrigeration industry which includes, heavy/sharp metal handling, oily/wet environment,
heavy tools operation and etc, basically all kinds of work.
I got tired of the gloves the company provides because of size differences and overall quality(basic gardening gloves that tear after 2-3days) so I decided to try new one's for myself.
I did NOT expect them to last 2 months under the heavy work i do 6 days a week, I have punished them brutally from oily surfaces to grabbing hot and sharp metals.
well lets cut to the pro's and cons.
Pros:
1)Extremely comfortable.
2)The leather is still intact and very durable, I had the older version with the black finger tips and they wore down NOT actual the leather(yellowish one).
3) lasted a bit more than 2months as well as about 6 machine washes.
4) never sweat in those
5) hands feel very safe and durable
Cons:
1)moist surfaces do eventually penetrate the leather leaving it moist for some duration, They are by not any means waterproof, In cold conditions water may make the gloves very cold to use(Do not recommend usage under 5 Celsius).
2)Not heat resistant far as leather gloves should be, after cutting with discs the hot metal part is pretty much untouchable for a minute or two.

Basically just use brains with glove usage and they will last, don't touch very hot metals, or spill too much water/oil over them while working otherwise some might pass on to the skin and annoy you.
personally I did not expect them to last more than two/three weeks so I'm definitely buying another pair with the improved design hoping for more :D

My first pair of mechanix gloves. Quality is ok, kind of thinner than i expected. Cant yet speak to the durability, but definitely my fault for not heeding the instructions re sizing. I recorded a large but should have sized down to a medium.

I love this work glove so much I have a pair in the car, in my tool box, in the shed, in my draw next to my desk so I always have a pair close by. Keeping my hands "safe" is important because I'm a surgeon.

Literally the only gloves I use for work. I drive a tow truck and would go through a ridiculous amount of gloves before I discovered these. The 4X material is just awesome, plus I can throw them in the wash and they come out looking and feeling great. I really hope they don't discontinue these any time soon, I dread having to find gloves even remotely comparable to these.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment