Monday, July 8, 2019

Lift Safety HDF-15NG DAX Hard Hat,

Lift Safety HDF-15NG DAX Hard Hat, Natural

Lift Safety HDF-15NG DAX Hard Hat, Natural

Im going to keep this as simple as possible for some but, give detail for those who desire.
I’m a fan of carbon fiber products and was disappointed by the reviews. I decided to order this product anyway since I am a fan of real carbon fiber products, not the “looks like” stuff.

-Simple review for me is overall a great product. Quality built and meets ANSI type 1, class C and G as descibed meaning I can wear it on any job site I’ve worked at, especially since 99% don’t check anyways (at least for me).
Overall, great product but worth the money to switch out the headband for an MSA fas-trac III for the skullgard helmet (they come in different sizes FYI-standard and large)
—I’ve read a few things regarding the weights and the 6 pt headband not being very good.
Please see pictures:
Carbon fiber helmet weight w/o band: 11.04oz
Carbon fiber helmet w/ 6 point band: 16.58oz
Obvious math is 6 point band weight of 5.53oz
Just for reference and comparison:
My skullgard helmet w/o band: 13.16oz
Skullgard helmet with msa band: 16.68oz
Obvious math is band weight of 3.53oz
I took the fas-trac band from my skullgard before I spent money ensuring it was a proper and a direct fit and it is. It is also lighter Combination using the carbon fiber helmet with the fas-trac suspension band with a total combined weight of 14.57oz.

The 6 point headband is not able to adjust in the way that the helmet sits lower on your head since I personally did not like how high it sat on my head. This problem was solved with the msa fas-trac suspension band with a weight saving of 2oz, double plus for me.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Update-- love it! This is held up to very abusive use still looks almost new!

This hard hat is very light it's also very thin as you can tell by the photos light shines right through it.. and that concerns me. The label says it's a class G & C I'm assuming that means G trumps class C. Which if that is the case it should be a class G. (Class C is electrically conductive whereas class G is not up to 2,200 volts phase to ground) the 8-point suspension is comfortable it does Pinch A little bit of hair but not too bad. I will be updating this review after a few months of use with more photos.

Overall this is a good, comfortable hat. It's a good fit for the larger sized heads. I've had other similar hats that said up to 8 inches but barely fit 71/2. I don't have this problem with this hat. There's even room for a nice sweatband. The construction is good and durable. Now, the issues I have are with the suspension system. It is very flimsy. Parts of it will become disconnected and you will have to put it back together. I had this problem with other brands in the past also so this is not a deal breaker. The ratchet system is easy to use but it is the most flimsy part of the suspension system. Where other are more robust in this area, this one is not. Having said this, while it is on your head the hat will not move. You do not have to overly tighten the ratchet system anymore than normal for you. It works like it's supposed to while on you head. It's a good, light comfortable hat.

I read the reviews for this hard hat and decided to order anyway. My husband has a very large head infact he has to buy XL hats and even those can be tight sometimes. Anyway, the hard hat fits hom perfectly. I saw 1 review talking about the band rubbing on his ears. It barely misses my husbands, but he has said that it is the most comfortable hardhat he has had yet. The most impressive thing though is that when he leans down to pick something up the hard hat stays in place without falling off. I gave this 5 stars because its a great hard hat for a big headed guys. If your head is average or small dont buy it.

I've worked in oil and gas for 8 years and gone through about 5 plastic hard hats from the usual manufacturers. This is hands down the best one I've owned. The shell is very sturdy and harness is comfortable and heavy duty.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Fiber reinforced resin shell for superior impact protection
  • Brim grip, exclusive design provides a secure feel
  • Perforated Clarino synthetic leather comfort dome with molded EVA foam insert for additional shock absorbing protection to the top of head
  • Oversized ratcheting fitment dial to adjust size, easy to grip and use with gloves on
  • 8 point suspension system for a secure, comfortable fit

Description

Stay safe on the work site wearing this Class G DAX Hard Hat, Natural (HDF-15NG). This fiber reinforced resin hard hat features a 6-point suspension system for superior comfort and impact protection. The Clarino synthetic leather comfort dome and an oversized ratcheting fitment dial makes adjustment easy even while wearing gloves. This hard hat also features a moisture wicking foam backed microfiber liner which helps to reduce sweat build-up. Stay safe on the work site wearing this Class G DAX Hard Hat, Natural (HDF-15NG). This fiber reinforced resin hard hat features a 6-point suspension system for superior comfort and impact protection. - Comfort dome is made of perforated Clarino synthetic leather with comfort molded EVA Foam insert for additional shock absorbing protection - Fitment Dial: large oversized ratchet knob to adjust size, easy to grip and use with gloves on - Moisture wicking foam backed microfiber liner reduces sweat build-up - 6-Point Suspension System for a secure, comfortable fit - Triple reinforced crown for superior impact protection - One (1) Dax Class G Hard Hat, Natural



Hard hat shell itself is amazingly light and well worth the weight savings. My head thanks me. The 6 point suspension is amazing. I usually had the cheapo 4 point suspension plastic hardhats that you have to crank down hard to get to stay on your head unlike this hardhat. The swiveling backside of the suspension hooks farther down around my head and allows me to turn my head directly upside down and it doesn't fall off. Shoveling lifting climbing wont make it fall off. From my experience with this hardhat I highly recommend it to anyone with the nice leather style suspension 6 pt . My coworker has recently purchased one and is waiting for the multi color custom ones to come back out end of may 2019. Highly recommend this hardhat. But if you get it and don't like it simply send it vack and exchange it dont ve like these other guys making basic reviews and not thinking logically. If you dont like it its simple send it back. They happily deal with you in any way to help make it right. My coworker wanted to try the fiberglass style and the weight comparison form that to the carbon fiber is still noticeable. Carbon is definitely the lightest weight. I work some days for 14 hrs at a time wearing a hardhat all day long being on the railroad. I wanted a comfortable hardhat and this is it

Safety is first. Plus, looks really kool and fits well. The extra two suspension brackets make a big difference.

Absolutely love this hard hat total badass move everyone on the job sites jealous super lightweight super comfy or use this because I’m a foreman and thinking about picking up the hat back Absolutely love this hard hat total badass move everyone on the job sites jealous super lightweight super comfy or use this because I’m a foreman and thinking about picking up the hat back Stylefor when I’m welding for when I’m welding

Reason not 5 star. Ratchet knob fell off the first time I tried to adjust it. Besides that it’s great.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment