Monday, July 8, 2019

HWI Gear Kevlar Lined Leather Duty Glove, Medium,

HWI Gear Kevlar Lined Leather Duty Glove, Medium, Black

HWI Gear Kevlar Lined Leather Duty Glove, Medium, Black

I purchased these gloves for motorcycle use. Before the HWI Duty Glove I would go through a pair of gloves once a year. My motorcycle is the only vehicle I own, so having the right gear for practical use and comfort is important to me. The HWI glove holds up extremely well, better than any other glove I've owned in the past 30 years. The first pair is a 1 1/2 years old get used daily in all weather conditions. They've been soaked with rain and dried out numerous times and still show absolutely no signs of wear.

This is a tight fitting glove, but gradually stretches over time to fit perfectly. I bought a second pair - not because the first wore out, but because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find them again if it did.

I have average sized hands and purchased a medium. When I first tried them on I thought I may have to return for a larger size, but given the gradual stretch and the now perfect fit, I'm glad I didn't. It took a while to get used to the low fit at the wrist but these gloves are exactly what I needed. They're tight fitting enough I can still do things I used to have to remove my gloves to do from zipping my jacket, strapping my helmet or adjusting my fuel screw while riding.

These are VERY nice gloves although a little thicker than I anticipated. Turns out I'm on the small size of large rather than the large side of medium per their sizing, so I'm exchanging my pair for one size up. Only reason they dont get 5 stars is because they're thicker than the description wants you to believe... still perfectly practical for pat-downs, daily duty use etc, maybe not so much for shooting.

These do fit tightly. However the leather will stretch with use. The Velcro should be swapped between the bristle side and wool side. The bristle side is exposed and catches on most fabric around one's wrist. Competitively priced at $35/ea for the leather/kevlar combination. For my purpose, I needed a pair which were both protective and fit tightly. You can find plenty of reinforced bulky gloves. This one works like a slim glove enabling more dexterity. There is no touchscreen capability.

These gloves seem to run small, especially when it comes to finger length. I wear a medium everything and have ordered these gloves in both medium and large. The medium gloves are nice once they break in but the finger length is still a little short. The large gloves are thicker than the medium and you lose some dexterity and they are a little too big (I'm not taking a star off for this since I may be in-between sizes). Soak them in warm water and put them on and stretch them out for a good fit. Beware that these gloves do bleed the coloring dye so wear latex gloves under that if you don't want blue and purple hands!

I use these gloves for motorcycle riding and having the Kevlar inside the glove is a nice touch that adds to the durability.

I'm taking one star off because of the short finger length and because they are not touch screen. Everything nowadays seems to have some sort of touch feature and having a pair of gloves with this feature would be nice.

I always wanted an extra pair of hands to get work done faster. Bought these - unfortunately all the innards were missing, so it ended up being an outer shell of a hand. So much for getting more done... Although I must tell you - they are definitely good for protecting your hand against environment. I ended up using these as normal gloves and they work great - inner lining of Kevlar keeps your hands protected from cuts, and external shell is robust despite being very soft and stretchy leather.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Contour cut design for natural fit. Gloves are tight at first and must be broken in. Leather will form fit to your hands.
  • 100% High grade aniline dyed goatskin leather outer offers great feel and abrasion resistance
  • Contour cut design for natural, snug fit, perfect for searches, shooting or any task where dexterity is key
  • Kevlar liner for cut resistant protection
  • Hook and Loop closure for snug secure fit

Description

The contour cut and high grade aniline goatskin make the KLD100 by HWI Gear an extremely comfortable high abrasion resistant glove. For the protection of the duty officer a full Kevlar liner is added for cut resistance.



High-quality product. It looks just like the picture; it's not too shiny or matte black.

The left glove I received had a slight defect. There was a small indentation and a scrape on the back of the glove. It almost looked like a screwdriver tip had scraped it and almost punctured it. It wasn't a hole, and it wasn't too noticeable. I still gave the product five stars because they are good gloves and real leather. Real leather is bound to have some minor flaws or be priced way higher.

I bought a medium. Tight at first. I think large would of worked also but I'll never know. My buddy with huge hands bought XL also tight at first. Brake in slowly use them driving for a few days. We use them shooting. U can pick up and load a .22mag with these gloves. Very impressive

I have been using these gloves for motorcycle riding & have been very pleased with the performance. They were tight initially, but soon molded to my hands and are very comfortable. I have wore them on rides over 700 miles & have received many compliments & inquiries about them. I definitely recommend these as a light summer riding glove.

Good thick glove. A little tight at first. But it will stretch. Finger length is good. Hook and look strap seems stirdy. Finger movement is easy.
Would be great duty/shooting/motorcycle glove.

They haven't really had a chance to stretch but out of the package they are one size to small. I used the sizing chart and bought what was suggested and I will need to stretch these bad boys out. The leather is nice quality so I bought the next size up and will give this pair to a buddy with tiny hands.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment