Friday, July 12, 2019

Gutter Guard 3 Inch Expand Aluminum Filter Strainer. Stops Blockage Leaves Debris. Pack Of 4. By Massca

Gutter Guard 3 Inch Expand Aluminum Filter Strainer. Stops Blockage Leaves Debris. Pack Of 4. By Massca (Aluminum 3 inch)

Gutter Guard 3 Inch Expand Aluminum Filter Strainer. Stops Blockage Leaves Debris. Pack Of 4. By Massca (Aluminum 3 inch)

I have a different use for these filters. In Florida it is common for small rodents to run from the grass into the rain downspout outlet to avoid being caught by Bobcats. The Bobcat then literally tears the aluminum downspout apart in an effort to get the rodent for food. I place these filters in the downspout outlet to prevent rodent from entering.

Gutter Guards easily fit into downspouts. Nicely made.

Will require regular cleaning to prevent clogging. Just had a rainstorm this afternoon and it only took a few maple tree seeds since installation a few days ago to plug the screens and cause the eve troughs to backup and overflow. I expected this. Over 30 years, this is not the first screen system I have used.

This product will help keep most large debris out of the down spouts and tile below. Which was my priority. It is easier to clean an eve trough and a gutter guard than to clean or replace clogged tile buried below ground. Speaking from experience.

All screen systems I have tried over the eve troughs themselves have either plugged with debris and/or let rainwater run right over onto the ground. Screening the downspouts is a reasonable, but not maintenance-free compromise.

lh

...I have underground/under deck long drainage lines that have proven do be one big pain in the back and wallet to clear. I've had enough. So I just installed a dozen gizmos to eliminate glogged downspouts and lines. Listen, your gutters are going to overflow anyway with a glogged downspout or a clogged line, AND once the leaves build up around these screens. Take it from me and my experience - gutters are easy to clean out. All that other stuff is not. These do what they're designed to do and are easy to install. I am, however, adding the EZ gutter guard thingies, too. This will eliminate the periodic gutter cleaning necessity as well. Hint: temporarily back off on the screw(s) holding the downspout to the gutter's exit to allow a deeper insertion. Now if I could just improve upon my math skills - I have 12 downspouts. I bought 4 packs of these. Huh? Must be old age.

I like the design of these screens plus the ease in installing them in the downspout. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is because no matter how careful I was I still managed to draw blood. The ends on the screens are extremely sharp and great care needs to be used when handling these. If in the manufacturing of these they would clip the ends of the wires they use to make up the screens it would be a much better and safer product to use. Still all in all it did not stop me from purchasing 2 more, 6 in all of these to complete installing these in all our downspout.

High quality expanded aluminum. I have older gutters were the down spout holes were not cut properly, but these aluminum filters can be bent and molded into the shape you need to make them fit into your down spout holes. There are several pine trees and various other trees around my house and all sorts of natural debris get into my gutters plugging up the down pipes. These come in really handy to keep your rain collection barrels clean.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • * SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME & EFFORT - Sick and tired of constantly having to unclog your gutters and downspouts? With the heavy-duty gutter guards you now make sure that your gutters and down pipes are protected from leaf debris, roof moss, twigs and dirt.
  • * INSTALL THEM IN SECONDS - Unlike other impractical gutter filters, the Massca downpipe leaf guards can be installed in seconds without using any tools. You don't have to be an expert or call a professional. Simply push them into place and you're good to go!
  • * HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made of non-corrosive, weatherproof and waterproof aluminum, our robust gutter guards will pass the test of time. Rest assured that they will stay firmly in place no matter the weather conditions and you'll not have to climb up the roof again to re-install them!
  • * A MUST-HAVE FOR EVERY GUTTERING SYSTEM - By preventing leaf debris, twigs, roof moss and dirt from clogging your pipes, you can easily make sure that your guttering system stays in perfect condition for longer without the need for costly repairs and constant unclogging.
  • * 100% SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK - You can try our 4-pack of sturdy downpipe gutter filters for 30 days absolutely risk-free and if by that time you're not 100% thrilled with their performance, we promise to offer you a prompt and full refund. Massca is a Trademark brand. Every unit comes in a 5x5x6 box with the Massca Logo and product information.

Description

Prevent leaves and other debris from clogging up drains and downspouts with this 4-piece Gutter Guard Expand Aluminum Filter Strainer Set featuring durable, non-corrosive that fit perfectly over pipes to allow drainage while blocking out obstructions. No tools required. Easy to install, simply push into place.



I ordered these in addition to the expanded aluminum ones because the aluminum ones got caught on some screws that went into the drainpipe and were not easy to remove. These slipped past the screws easily. I did use a pair of alligator pliers to fold these up a little because my old drainpipes must be only 2 1/2 inches, not 3, so I bent the strap that goes around the wires. Fit very well with that.

I will still have to clean out the gutter but I hope I don't get a lot of stuff stuck half-way down the drainpipe; that's a lot harder to clear out.

I have two big magnolia trees near my house. The leaves from those trees are sure fire drain stoppers. I needed something to prevent leaves and debris from entering the downspouts. These guards are expanded aluminum. They are reasonably easy to fit into the downspout as it connects to the gutter. I am pleased with their performance and quality. I did not want plastic ones that I would have to replace in a year or two as they become brittle from the sun and weather. These should last indefinitely.

Just had them installed by the guy who cleans my gutters and he didn't charge me anything. Don't know if they work, but I expect they will work just fine. Only issue was one of the 3 boxes (of 4 filters) only had 3 filters not 4 filters. Wouldn't have been a problem except I needed all 12 for my house. I had to return the box of only 3 and reorder a new box. It came with the 4 filters I expected. Installation was easy. Just rolled them up and put into downspout. they expanded to fit the downspout opening. Would have been 5 stars except for one box was missing 1 of the fikters

These are great. I've had a problematic section at the top of one of my downspouts where leaves would collect and cause rain water to flow over the edge of the roof and not through the downspout. Since installing this, I have had no such problems. I will still be clearing my gutters before the rainy season, but thankfully this will save me many trips up my ladder. The metal is good quality yet also malleable enough so that I could form it to fit perfectly in the space. Great product. I wish I had bought these sooner!

I would not have purchased these for my gutters unless I had no other option. However, I have a flat carport roof that is a hot tar covering with three open hole drainage ports that tend to gather leaves and plug up causing the roof to swamp up to 4 inches deep without maintenance. So to keep the leaves out of the drain and drainpipes open this was the best solution. The holes are less than 3 inches wide, but these guards can be made even smaller, are less expensive and even paintable to black. Still will have to leaf blow the roof time to time but at least the drain pipes remain clear.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment