Monday, December 2, 2019

Mechanix Wear M-Pact Fingerless

Mechanix Wear M-Pact Fingerless Black/Grey

Mechanix Wear M-Pact Fingerless Black/Grey

One of the things that I like to do is shoot for both recreational purposes as well as for self-defense practice. No matter how often you shoot or how well you shoot you eventually start to get a little recoil sensitive after a few magazines... especially when you are shooting physically small, but large caliber, handguns. These gloves are fantastic in helping soak up the recoil and continue shooting while the "fingerless-ness" keeps the trigger and grip as close as possible to what you would feel without the gloves on. It also keeps your ability to control the trigger as exactly as if you weren't wearing any gloves. The reason I bring that up is something most people don't think about, the feel of the gun in your hand. Concealed Carry, and by extension Every Day Carry (EDC), considerations should be kept in mind... your best practice is with the gear you are most likely to in or using if you-know-what hits the fan... and I seriously doubt you'll be wearing gloves at the time.

I could not say enough other than a full five stars.

I have been looking for a pair of good shooting gloves, a pair that will work well on all shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc. I got the expensive Oakley which is same as Military used. Too thick on fingers that I could barely fit my index finger into the 1911's trigger guard. Then I got the Mechanix Original Vent by a friend's suggestion. It is nice and cool, but the hand padding is thin and more important, the fingers are way too loose. it will only fit my fingers when they got sting by bees I guess.

I was worried about the thickness of this since it has impact protection on back, and thick padding on palm. But I find it quite suitable for shooting purpose. Open finger tip let me to feel trigger as bare hands, and the finger part wraps around my fingers pretty well. Palm is a bit thick when shooting pistols IMHO, but it is good protection if you feel hurt or cut when shooting 1911 (many ppl complaint about palm safety while I felt cut on my thumb safety), and extremely well when shooting an AR with thumb over holding (i.e. when your palm is above the gas port). Shot 120-150 shots rapidly without feeling anything. But darn its hot when I touch it with bare hand.

Will suggest it to any other shooters.

For my day job I work as a merchandiser for a big soda company and, as such, I pull between 12-24 pallets a day and over 10,000lbs of product. Doesn't sound like much but the constant lifting of product in cardboard boxes and dirty pallet jacks wear tremendously on one's hands and the risk of having your fingers smashed is always present.

I used to wear cheap carpenter's gloves that did OK for a while but they didn't provide adequate protection for my knuckles or decent grip. I've always heard good things about Mechanix gloves from a very diverse group of people from carpenters, laborers, and even members of the US Armed Forces, who use them as shooter's gloves. Good enough for me!

I settled for the Mechanix M-Pact finglerless gloves and, after three months of constant use, I found that they work wonderfully in some areas but not so much in others.

Pros: What I like most is that they fit well. I am 6'5 with proportionately sized hands so I use 2XL gloves and they fit great. They feel tight at first but only took two days before they felt like another extension of my hands. I also like how the rubber finger and knuckle guards protect my hands from impact damage (hence the name) as my hands get hit by product daily. The underside material helps grip product fairly well and makes pulling pallets a lot easier.

Cons: However, there are two issues I have with the gloves the first being insulation/smell. The gloves feel air-tight and my hands sweat a lot as a result. After the massive sweating my hands begin to smell as do the gloves necessitating regular washing, and they seem to do well in the washer (I wash them separately with no detergent or bleach). The best solution is constant cleaning and get multiple pairs. Like shoes, you should never wear the same pair everyday to keep the wear down.

My other complain is the velcro strap as it went out in less than a month. It worked great at first but now they do not hold at all and I had to get used to the feeling that it was about to fall off since the strap is under and not over the wrist like most other gloves. Again, this is alleviated by having multiple pairs to avoid accelerated wear.

All in all, the M-Pact gloves are a real deal as they provide great protection for your hands but at a VERY reasonable cost.

First off, I liked the looks of these. I also liked the semi-rubber ridges covering the knuckles of fingers and hands. They were a perfect fit. I`m using these gloves as a protection against the sharp edges of my quad rail system on my AR15. These work great! Of course the cut off finger tips leave me access of my fingers for scope adjustment and rifle operations such as trigger pull, light and laser operation etc. They are very comfortable for all day use. They were shipped IMMEDIATLY!!! No problems whatsoever with these gloves. I`m sure they would not last long as a glove for a construction or a labor type job, that`s why they make leather gloves. I noticed the only complaints were from people (dummies) who used them as construction worker gloves. All in all, a great glove for sporting purposes, shooting, archery, baseball, etc. etc. I highly recommend them.

I will update this review over the next year or until product dies, whichever happens first. To summarize: I work in a warehouse packing, shipping, strapping pallets and building hydroponic systems.

Jan 2, 2016
First impression: my god are they comfy. Not too loose and not too snug just the perfect fit. Fingerless is awesome, can't wait to test them out on Monday.

Jan 5, 2016
48 hours into the glove at normal work speed and it is perfect. Fingerless leaves my fingers able to pick up small bolts while the overall hand protection keeps me from scraping my hands up all over the pallets. Great grip!

Jan 20 2016
Incredible gloves!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Impact Guard protects first knuckle with EVA foam padding.
  • Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle guard and finger protection.
  • Fingerless design provides maximum dexterity when handling the smallest of items.
  • XRD palm padding absorbs impact and vibration.
  • Machine washable.

Description

The M-Pact Fingerless glove has been designed to combine the utmost dexterity with critical impact resistance for jobs big and small. Sonic welded Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) safeguards your knuckles while impact absorbing XRD palm padding reduces shock and vibration associated with hand tools. For comfort, we used form-fitting TrekDry material to help keep your hands dry and comfortable on long workdays. When you need the control of bare hands without sacrificing protection, reach for the M-Pact Fingerless.



these gloves are great, especially for the price. they're not perfect. i tried finding similar gloves with full fingers, but they didn't fit for shooting gloves (the impact protection was better though). you can't beat these gloves for the price. go ahead and buy a pair, you may have to replace them sooner than 5.11 or BLACKHAWK! gloves, but you could get 3 pairs of these for the price of those and you'd come out better getting new gloves more often and still spending less as if you're not just wearing these for show, you will probably be replacing them often anyways. i just wish they came in all black and came in a CAMO option. the tag is stupid and so is the yellow lettering and white lettering/designs. just make them in all black and in camo and you'll get people to buy more. also, the fit is a little tight and/or awkward when shooting for a long time (the area of the gloves between your thumb & index finger is not designed/made perfectly to accomodate shooting a rifle or handgun)

When I saw these come out, I had to try them. I had been wearing the Framers gloves for years. But just as it is difficult to do everything with all five digits fully dressed, framers and other tradesmen found letting a few digits operate in the buff gets the work done faster, while still protecting the rest of the hand. Well, will the need to operate all these electronic gadgets more frequently, I find myself still having to take the gloves off to expose those remaining lesser digits.

Here is the answer my friends. You get all of that Mechanix Wear protection, with their bumpers and pads, where they will take the majority of the beatings, leaving the ends of our precious digits exposed -- just enough to get the digit-al work done. (sorry for the pun)

I have worn Mechanix brand gloves for many years. I first began wearing them on active duty during my deployments in the Middle East and they served me well. I had been looking for a glove that provided protection while also allowing me to maintain tactile functioning in my fingers. I decided to check these out since I already trust the Mechanix brand and they did not disappoint. I have been primarily using these gloves for shooting at the range. they are very comfortable and allow me to maintain the touch sensitivity I desire while handling firearms. The only request I would make for these gloves would be to have a greater selection of color/patterns for the fingerless variety.

Awesome gloves. I work with my hands all day, but require my fingers for typing a lot at a computer and these are, by far, the BEST fingerless gloves I've ever tried. My co-workers are looking into getting them now too...

****UPDATE****
After having used these for a couple of months now, I will say that while they are still in one piece, the velcro strap is horrible. It no longer adhere's to itself. I even attempted to wash the gloves to try and get some of its elasticity back, but the velcro is straight up garbage. I would consider getting a different pair of gloves if you wear them on a daily basis like I do.

Awesome glove. I was scared the medium/large size would be too small because I wear the large gloves for Mechanix but these are great. They feel nice. I recommend them definitely. Good glove.

EDIT: After a few months(January 2014), It seems the velcro has become absolutely useless. When I first got them, the velcro wasn't great but it was usable. I haven't seen this problem in any other gloves I have from Mechanix. It's literally the only negative but it's big enough to make them useless to me now.
Would I buy these again? Maybe not these fingerless gloves but I still by Mechanix Original.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment