Friday, December 6, 2019

CLC Custom Leathercraft 2060L Top Grain Goatskin Work Gloves,

CLC Custom Leathercraft 2060L Top Grain Goatskin Work Gloves, Large

CLC Custom Leathercraft 2060L Top Grain Goatskin Work Gloves, Large

I was surprised at the quality of leather on these gloves. Soft, comfortable and durable. I haven't had them long but construction seems great. and I would definitely buy these again. Like others said: these are not delicate gloves for mechanical work but they are great for chopping wood and rough carpentry etc.

*Update* after now having used these for a few seasons of work I have to say: this is the best pair of gloves I've ever owned. No other glove stood up to the blackberries that I had to fight my way through and these have stood the test yet they are still dexterous and comfortable. I will definitely buy a new pair when mine are worn through.
*Edit #2* 4 years in and these gloves are still the best! I've finally worn a hole in the thumb but I still use them for everything and they are strong as ever. Probably buy another pair sometime soon...

I have tried two higher end gloves prior to this: the Ironclad Ranchworx and the Mechanix CG Heavy Duty. Both of those wore through the fingertips of my right hand in 4-6 weeks. The Ironclad was tougher than the Mechanix and it fit my hand better so I went through a few pairs of Ironclad and only one pair of Mechanix. This glove outshines both by a wide margin. First of all, once you get them broken in, they are REALLY comfortable. Sometimes I wear em doing trivial things that dont require gloves just because they are so comfortable. Second, I was a little skeptical of how long they would last considering they are a fraction of the price of the two gloves I mentioned above - so I've been pretty rough with them trying to see if I can break them. So far, they are holding up with no sign of breaking. Despite the fact they don't have any fancy features like "Rolltop Fingertips" or "Reinforced Fingertips", these goatskin gloves appear to be much stronger than the other two which are leather. I love these and if they ever break, I will be buying more.

I wanted to pick up some leather work gloves that would last and hopefully fit good and tight. I was actually wanting something a little thinner than these which would allow me to work with small moving parts with more dexterity than regular work gloves but that's not a major issue. I got lucky with the fit, these are just about perfect with only a little extra room at the finger-tips. Quality is very good, the leather is a decent thickness, there is extra padding on the palms and no loose stitching anywhere. They will probably last a lifetime, if I don't lose them, that is. All in all for the price an excellent buy!

UPDATE: I just wanted to add I still have these five years later and I still haven't managed to wear them out.

I bought these last Winter after a relative borrowed my grain cowhide gloves to shovel snow. I have several pairs of Winter gloves but I needed gloves for when the temperature was at or above 36* F as my Winter gloves get too warm when working outside and my hands sweat. I also needed gloves to do work in a muddy, moist, and dirty environment. Synthetic "leather" gloves are not suited for that kind of task in my experience, they absorb mud and moisture and your hands get wet. Goatskin and grain cowhide protect my hands better, plus the inside has that soft suede layer for comfort. I normally wear a size "L"(man's large) glove and these fit my hand okay.

I would not wear these gloves when the temperature is below 32* F as these aren't Winter gloves. The price can be high and there are cheaper gloves from this brand and Magid/Handmaster.

I wanted some goatskin gloves after reading about them in a high-end gardening catalog, but was put off by the price there. I was happy to find this pair on amazon for considerably less, and they've proven to be exceptional gloves for all sorts of work outside and inside the house. Super comfortable and flexible, they also breathe and are neither too heavy nor thick to wear even in hot, muggy weather. I haven't grabbed onto barbed wire or anything else to really test their puncture-resistant capabilities, but no brambles or thorns or sharp stones have penetrated them so far. For the lion's share of garden work, shoveling, lifting, grabbing rocks, pulling hoses and weeds, moving cuttings and logs, they really can't be beat. And, out of the box at least, they smell terrific. I look forward to the pleasure of putting them on every time I have work to do now.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Premium top grain goatskin
  • Keystone thumb with palm patch
  • Shirred wrist with leather binding
  • Size large
  • Strong enough for heavy duty work but still comfortable

Description

Top grain goatskin leather work gloves with shirred wrist with cotton binding. They also have a Keystone thumb and palm patch. WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which is [are] known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.



Got these for someone as a gift. They appeared to be nice quality and very tough. Not as soft as deer or elk skin. I don't have any review for using them, only handling them before wrapping. The recipient was very pleased.

Only thing that looked like it may be an issue is, all of the seems that were stitched were double stitched. They were a few areas that the cuts appeared to not be straight causing the stitching to miss the over lap in 2 small areas leaving it as a single stitch.

These 2 areas were very small, and hopefully will not be an issue, but other than that they looked good.

I have had goatskin gloves before. In AZ they are a necessity since every plant, bush and tree in my yard has thorns. The gloves are not as thick as others I have had but do the trick. If the gloves were just slightly thicker I would have given them 5 stars. No objections otherwise. I use the gloves weekly and they have been very durable.

These are good gloves for general work around the house and yard. The fit is snug but not a problem. Quality seems good with no seams coming undone and the feel is quite comfortable. Completely soaking with water to wash off the mud after working in the garden dries stiff but softens immediately on donning the next time.

Pros: Fantastic quality. Purchased for handling hot lights for video production.

Cons: They become tougher and less flexible after a year of sweat and labour.

Excellent gloves for the price.

MUCH BETTER quality, than anticipated! You wont be disappointed.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment