Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Mechanix Wear - Original Work Gloves (Small,

Mechanix Wear - Original Work Gloves (Small, Yellow)

Mechanix Wear - Original Work Gloves (Small, Yellow)

You can really tell a cheap work glove from a quality one. I use these gloves every time I do yard work or car maintenance. They hold up great and feel great on my hands. I'll always make sure I've got some Mechanix gloves lying around when work needs to get done.

I used to use the leather palm type of gloves for working (mechanic), they would start to get dirty and greasy, at which point I would figure they wouldn't last much longer. Once that point was reached I would not be careful about keeping them clean. Soon after that, they would get saturated with grease, or get a hole rendering them worthless.

These are a synthetic leather and seem to last forever. I've welded in them, got them super greasy then wiped them off, then continued using and abusing them. I bought another pair to replace them thinking they would get a hole pretty soon. That second pair is still sitting in my tool box unused. The first pair is about 2 years old now, but I don't use them every day. Only when I need the cushioning or splinter protection.

So the advantages are, paying a more now for these compared to buying multiple leather pairs. Much better dexterity and feel compared to the leather. Easy on and off. I've even had leather ones give me sort of a hand fungus (jock itch of the hand?).

Disadvantages, number one is cost. But if you look, you can find them for [...] bucks. They're not made for welding, so don't pick up something hot. I burned a pin hole in one of the fingers accidently touching the mig wire. Don't get the camo ones. If you leave them sitting somewhere, they'll camoflouge themselves, and get easily lost. My first pair I got blue, second bright yellow.

I replaced the control arms and front brake pads in my 2006 PT Cruiser. It was a messy job. I was a mess all over from crawling around under the car and on the floor, but these kept my hands clean and didn't have a scrape on them after I got done.

High praise given that you usually have to bleed on such a project to make it worth doing. ;)

These are my favorite gloves. I use them when I am doing work around the house and don't want to cut or hurt my hands. The gloves are lightweight and comfortable but durable too. Everyone should have a pair!!

I have large hands. I can span nearly eleven keys on a standard piano. I had real trouble finding any garden gloves that would fit. If they weren't too small they were saggy and shapeless. These gloves are snug and breath well. I wore through one pair doing yardwork in about a year, and bought a second. The velcro wrist cinch is comfortable and does not chafe.

I bought the yellow gloves because they happened to be the cheapest. It also makes them easy to find on a shelf.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Form-fitting TrekDry helps keep hands cool and comfortable.
  • Flexible Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) closure provides a secure fit to the wrist.
  • Industrial grade hook and loop.
  • Seamless synthetic leather palm provides optimal dexterity.
  • Machine washable.

Description

Despite its imitators, The Original glove remains in a category all its own. Tried, tested and proven for over 20 years, it provides the perfect blend of flexibility and protection. The Original’s durable synthetic leather palm and breathable TrekDry back-of-hand combine to create the ultimate tool for hardworking hands. A new tapered TPR closure and increasingly stronger hook and loop provide a secure fit to the wrist. With a gamut of practical uses, it’s no surprise that The Original is the most recognized and most frequently worn work glove by anyone with a toolbox.



100% in every way + the seller was accommodating, fast, efficient AAA++ when I needed to return size Medium (my error in not ordering LG in the first place) and received size LG very speedily!! My husband LOVES these gloves. They offer pretty good comfort plus the nice bright yellow allows them to be easily located!!

Although they aren't insulated, I have been using them for winter gloves. So far they have held up well in the ice and snow. I have also spilled a lot of gasoline on them and they have dried quickly without leaving much of a gas smell.

This is a durable, well fitting product that is unaffected by exposure to the variety of fluids and lubricants to which they are exposed. They also provide excellent grip and protection from cuts and grime. I was reluctant to use gloves for automotive work due to my reliance on sense of feel and need of dexterity. These gloves allow me a considerable degree of both.

Great gloves for yard work where you need to retain some tactile feel but also want to protect your hands from bumps and scrapes. Of course they can be used for other purposes where the same needs exist. I like them because they fit well and achieve the two goals I have for them.

These are nice. I have done a little work on our cars so far with them and it's nice to have the tacky grip, but you do lose a bit of feel. I got one saturated in motor oil and it cleans up really well.

PROS; nice fit, tacky grip, impact protection, ... it's a glove.

CONS; you lose a bit of fine feel.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment