Friday, December 13, 2019

Ansell HyFlex 11-627 Dyneema Glove, Cut Resistant, Polyurethane Coating, Medium, Size 9 (Pack of

Ansell HyFlex 11-627 Dyneema Glove, Cut Resistant, Polyurethane Coating, Medium, Size 9 (Pack of 1)

Ansell HyFlex 11-627 Dyneema Glove, Cut Resistant, Polyurethane Coating, Medium, Size 9 (Pack of 1)

The facts: These gloves fit me very well in a size 9, usually listed as “large”, however the packaging says “medium”. My hands fall into the black hole between sizes 9-10 and these come very close to the coveted “second skin” that we all look for in work gloves. By measurement my palm is 4” across the knuckles and from wrist to tip of the middle is 8”, both almost exactly.
Ansell HyFlex 11-627 material (Dyneema) is unique and new to me, but it has earned my approval. I beat the $%#! out of these things for 8-12 hours/day or more with no mercy and have washed them 3 times. No holes, not even the fingertips. Poly coat is starting to wear through a bit which is normal. The material sort of frays slightly. This doesn’t seem to cause any problems or concerns and performance is not affected. I have yet to wear a pair out.
Performance of the glove is outstanding. Dexterity is good enough to pick a penny up flat off the floor, write or open a canned beverage. I can easily operate any equipment/machinery or tool in my inventory at work or home. I received a comment from a bank teller when I did not remove them to count out money. They work on most touch screen devices, however if you utilize a tempered glass screen protector on your phone, it may not function with them on.
HyFlex 11-627 breaths well, but is not waterproof. I use blades every day, but luckily practice caution and good technique, so have had no “slips” to test cut resistance.
Made in South Korea. Usually $8-12/pair.
Overall these are excellent gloves for someone who works hard making a living with their hands and wants to protect them comfortably. I’ve tried MANY types and brands, and these are in my top 3. Sometimes I forget I’m wearing them, and to me, that’s priceless.
To wash I put them in a delicates bag (that’s the little mesh zip-up bag your wife probably puts her undergarments in guys) and wash in COLD water with mild detergent on GENTLE cycle. Lay flat or hang to air dry. DO NOT EVER PUT THEM IN THE DRYER IF YOU WANT THEM TO LAST! They will not shrink.
I hope someone out there finds this review helpful.
HyFlex Dyneema 11-627 size 9

I bought these to protect my hands from sharp and spinning edges. Power saw, jointer, router, chisel, plane iron and so on. They do fit like a second skin. I can run my hand over a board coming off a machine and detect very small imperfections. I have not had a chance to test cut resistance yet (or maybe I did, but didn't realize it). They do fray a little at the wear points but has no effect on performance. They are NOT waterproof, but not claimed to be either. Have not tired to wash them. Excellent value for the price. My hands are about the same size, and I wear an XXL leather glove.

I don't know what others look for in "Mechanic's gloves" - maybe protection from scrapes, rubs, or cuts. I wanted cleaner hands and operational dexterity.

I have tried SO MANY gloves in my search. I ended up using the clear Latex gloves typically seen in food service, to keep my hands from getting stained with grease. But they were very clumsy to use when threading nuts on to bolts or other fine/discreet tasks.

Then I saw the Amazon ad for these - and purchased them, (along with another similar pair). These gloves are the best gloves I have found for this purpose so far. They are excellent. Measure your palm diameter and buy them with confidence. The material is very well-suited for an automotive application.

I found that they are impervious to petroleum grease and oils, protect my hands from cuts/scrapes, impacts, while allowing superb grip on tools and fasteners.

My major concerns for dexterity and flexibility were addressed too, since I can easily thread on nuts or pick up single flat washers off the floor, while wearing them.

I'm not a pro mechanic - strictly hobby and DIY. But after looking at the reviews from folks who tried the gloves bearing the "Snap-On" name (which is the FINEST NAME in automotive tools)....they might want to try on a pair of these!

Great set of gloves. I saw a YouTube video and froze the frame to read the glove manufacturer. Now when I am about to do something dicey with a sharp tool, I put these on to reduce or eliminate the chance of getting cut. The neoprene dip is very grippy. The protection level 2 great for my needs, but I may pick up a higher level for wood carving. I have Spectra gloves, but they are not dipped and are not as nice to work with. Check out the Ansell site - they have more work gloves than I ever knew existed.

I bought a second pair because was so pleased with the first. They protected my hands well while working multiple times in a compact enclosure with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components that would have otherwise nicked and scratched my hands badly. They were very dirty when I was through, but after washing in the washing machine with the temp. on warm (and air drying fairly quickly), they showed very minimal wear.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cut-resistant glove protects hands when handling abrasive or sharp-edged parts
  • Polyurethane palm and finger coating offers resistance to tears and punctures and grips parts, building materials, and components
  • Dyneema (UHMWPE) fiber and Lycra (spandex) liner for elasticity, strength, breathability, and durability
  • Meets ANSI, ISEA, and EN standards for cut and abrasion resistance
  • Can be machine laundered

Description

The Ansell HyFlex 11-627 Dyneema glove resists cuts and enhances gripping ability when handling small-to-medium sized abrasive parts or sharp-edged building materials with a gray polyurethane palm coating, and it has a gray Dyneema (UHMWPE) and Lycra (spandex) liner for durability and breathability. Dyneema fiber, also known as UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene), offers greater abrasion resistance than aramid fibers and greater strength than steel, while Lycra (spandex) provides elasticity for a comfortable fit. This glove meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) 105-2005 performance rating standards for level 2 cut resistance and ANSI/ISEA 105-2000 standards for level 6 abrasion resistance. The glove also meets European Protection Standard (EN) 388 for mechanical protection at level 4 abrasion resistance, level 3 blade cut resistance, level 4 tear resistance, and level 2 puncture resistance. This glove can be machine laundered and is suitable for use in industries such as aerospace, automotive, metal fabrication, manufacturing, carpentry, and plumbing, among others.

Work gloves help protect the hands, can cover the wrists, and sometimes extend to cover part, or all, of the arm. Work gloves are typically constructed from leather or heavy cotton and are suitable for use in construction, mechanical, landscaping, and do-it-yourself applications to help protect against minor cuts and abrasions. Work gloves for use in manufacturing and construction industries can be made of woven, high-strength synthetic fiber to resist cuts from heavy machinery and withstand high levels of heat without melting. Work gloves may also be made of, or include, flame retardant material for use in welding and other heavy-duty applications.

Ansell manufactures surgical, examination, industrial, and household gloves, as well as protective clothing. The company, founded in 1905, is headquartered in Red Bank, NJ.



I ran a business and would buy these by the dozen. They are amazing and once you break them in feel like a second skin. Very good durability and grip with a lot of protection. We'd use them with glass and they'd last months. Use them for normal stuff and they'd probably last years.

These gloves are highly durable, fit snuggly, and have great grip. I use these gloves daily. I am an aircraft mechanic. I have tried all others, none last as long as these do or have the grip and dexterity that these do.

These typically last me about 2 months before the coating wears off, great for unloading trucks at work, I typically hand wash them in the sink at work, and they stay clean, also helps that they are cut resistant because I tend to get a few broken glass objects, already on my second pair, just wish that I could Redip the grip on because these are a little bit pricey, but totally worth the safety. I'd rather spend the 10/month than have to deal with glass cuts, cardboard cuts, and stuff of that sort, only to throw another truck again the next day..

these are the best work gloves ever. Just ordered a couple more pairs so I always have them. You can handle all kinds of sharp edges with no fear and they are a snug fit on your hands. If I use them in the summer and sweat at all, I will have to use my teeth on the tip of a finger to pull them off. Almost like having bare hands the fit is so good. Lee

Not the best cut resistance but they fit great & I have excellent dexterity & grip. Will try heavier ones when I need a cut level 5, these are perfect for general shop work.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment