Thursday, December 5, 2019

Wells Lamont Men's Leather Work Gloves, Extra Large

Wells Lamont Men's Leather Work Gloves, Extra Large (1129XL)

Wells Lamont Men's Leather Work Gloves, Extra Large (1129XL)

The Wells Lamont work gloves are made with very soft leather, which is also thick enough to protect from thorns, splinters and abraisons. If they were not a little large for me I would not have given them to my husband, because while there is always work to be done on the house, most of out weekends are spent battling weeds (30 to 50' weeds) and clearing downed limbs and branches. It comes with the territory (rain forest). So, I did try them on, having been very impressed with the quality of the leather. It not only feels good to wear but allows for flexibility and precision. I would say that this is the nicest set of work gloves I have seen, and only once have I had a set of garden gloves which was as good. They are well made, double stitched, and should hold up to a lot of use and abuse and last a long time. I am going to see if they make them in women's sizes because I am very impressed by the quality, and quality tools always make the work easier. I am sure that anyone who works with their hands would agree that good protection is important, and that having gloves which are protective and which do not interfere with your task, invaluable.

Nice feeling work gloves. The leather is supple and well-stitched. But the fit of the "L" is tighter than usual for work gloves, barely fitting my hands (I wear L/XL winter gloves but have slender fingers). If you have beefier hands or thick knuckles, you may want to go up a size.

The gloves are smooth and uniform front and back, all except a textured (like suede) patch on the palm. I'd rather have textured fingers too, but for most purposes the leather still provides a decent grip.

i strongly prefer leather work gloves for any rough tasks. They tend to be tougher, less permeable, and generally more likely to protect my hands than other variants. I'll use knit or nitrile gloves for wet work or detailed tasks, but leather are my go-to for "in the yard" or generally "careful".

There are better glove designs out there: ones that are more comfortable fit, are lined, have textured/suede leather over the entire gripping side of the glove. But for the price, these are just fine.

I have medium hands, and got the large gloves, but was a little worried that they might be too loose. I needn’t have worried, because they were actually pretty snug. (If you want a tiny bit looser fitting ones that you can put on WITHOUT using your other hand then I’d recommend you get the Xtra Large ones instead).

They are made of cowhide and seem to be able to well withstand a lot of normal tool use. What I mean is that I wouldn’t use these for gardening, but would most definitely put them on if I were swinging a hammer for a while (because the extra leather strip on the face provides a little bit of cushion), or were grabbing bits of wood to saw them (because they provide excellent protection from splinters.)

These are nice, inexpensive, work gloves and I am going to leave them right by my workbench. A little bit of “leather armor” never hurts when using sharp or abrasive objects.

Just in time for spring clean up. I often grab a rake or a shovel this time of the year with my hands being indoor tender from our long Michigan winters and before I know it I have breaking and leaking blisters that hurt like crazy. Not this year! These arrived just in time to save me from myself. They are thin and comfortable with reinforced palm wear areas. I put these near the back door and grab them on my way out to the barn to get the tools that turn my hands to hamburger. This year after raking and shoveling, ta da! No blisters. Now if I can just remember to grab them the next time I use my SDS hammer drill I will be in glove heaven. That thing jumps around enough to peal the skin off my thumbs in only 4 or 5 holes. My bulky work gloves make the drill difficult to operate, and I always take them off. These gloves fit like a second skin. I love them

These are outstanding work gloves, a nice upgrade from my usual hardware superstore work gloves. The entire glove is made from soft, thick cowhide. They're unlined, meaning the inside is the rougher side of the cowhide and the seams are exposed, but they're still seriously comfortable. Looks aren't exactly at the top of the list for a work glove, but they look fantastic - a bright yellowish-tan color with an orange peel texture.

There's a second layer of leather around the palm for additional protection from blisters and abrasion, and the leather is plenty thick enough to provide protection from various yard chores. At $13 a pair, they're not cheap, but honestly it's a great value for the quality of leather. The stitching appears durable as well, and I expect these to hold up for years to come.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 100% GRAIN COWHIDE - High abrasion & puncture resistance creates a durable work glove that lasts
  • WEAR-RESISTANT - Reinforced leather palm patch increases overall wear, grip, and durability
  • ELASTIC WRIST - Keeps gloves in place while also keeping out dirt and debris
  • DURABLE & FLEXIBLE - Keystone thumb design adds dexterity and flexibility; Gunn cut places seam at the natural crease of hand, increasing overall comfort
  • RANGE OF USES - High abrasion & puncture resistance make these work gloves ideal for construction, demolition, farming, maintenance, ranching, and more!

Description

Keep your hands comfortable and protected while you're working on DIY projects, in the garden, construction, driving, or Riding your Motorcycle. Made of high-quality, Genuine grain cowhide, these gloves offer superior abrasion and puncture resistance for even your toughest jobs. The glove's reinforced leather palm patch offers extra grip and durability. It also boasts a keystone thumb and gun cut design to maximize comfort and flexibility. The shirred wrist back keeps the glove securely in place while keeping out dirt and debris. The slip-on style allows for easy on and off flexibility Made for a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy, these gloves are designed for all-purpose use, power & hand tools, equipment operation, construction, landscaping, DIY projects



WELLS LAMONT MEN'S LEATHER WORK GLOVES

My husband says --

These are heavy duty unlined work gloves. These are the REAL DEAL for hand protection for the pro or home handyman. The gloves are 100% grain cowhide and are very soft and durable.

The palm area has a reinforced leather patch for increased wear and grip. The wrist area has elastic to keep dirt and debris from falling into your gloves. They are flexible, durable, and the grip is great.

These, like all leather gloves, will serve you best if you don't get them wet. I find the price very fair and a good value. The fit is snug for a six foot and 200 pound man but since they are leather they will stretch will time and wear.

What a great Father's day gift!

My go to pair for woodworking and general construction around the house. The gloves fit my hands and stay on without sliding off. The material is thick so I can work with hot material and not worry about burning my hands. It is great for yardwork and prevents hand blisters and provides an added layer of protection. They stay looking nice and I find myself using these over all my other pairs as they are multi use.

The gloves are bright in color so easy to find and I even used to pick up leaves and sticks covered in pine needles and sap and the needles didn't poke through and hurt my hands. Love this pair of gloves and will continue to find a use for them almost on a weekly basis.

The Wells Lamont Leather Gloves are very well made and are premium leather work gloves. They are comfortable to wear with a fairly soft feel though not as soft as a deer skin glove.
Unfortunately, I am one of those people who are between sizes. I ordered the large and it is a bit tight. The X-large are usually loose. I had hoped to use the gloves for working on the lathe, but my wife now has them for garden and yard work gloves. She likes them very much.
Like most clothing items, in the last few years, it seems that large is now medium and X-large is now large. I found the same with other gloves and even shirts, etc. These are very, nice well made gloves in any case.

These gloves are as expected in all regards. The fit for the size of the sample received here was a bit tight due to my requesting one size smaller than I usually wear which says to me that these are sized properly. I'm counting on them stretching.

They are working glove thick which affords you good protection especially from abrasion but which also makes them a bit of a chore for fine work. This is a tradeoff. You can choose either thin gloves for delicate work or thick for protection.

These are a good choice for heavier duty work gloves. I doubt you can find better protection which also allows you a reasonable degree of dexterity.

This is the 2nd pair of gloves that my husband has had like this and he loves them. The first pair has lasted years.
I ordered a size large as that is the size my husband normally wears, and these fit great. They are easy to put on and take off, and they cover up a bit past the wrist. The leather is supple and thick.
Hubby often uses them for unloading lumber or carrying wood, or just general yardwork.
These are well sewn to be durable. No complaints. I highly recommend these if you need gloves for doing actual work. There are other gloves that look better for driving and casual wear. These gloves are good for working hands.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment