Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Mechanix Wear - Winter Impact Touchscreen Gloves (XX-Large,

Mechanix Wear - Winter Impact Touchscreen Gloves (XX-Large, Black)

Mechanix Wear - Winter Impact Touchscreen Gloves (XX-Large, Black)

I purchased these gloves with the intention of using them in the HARSH Maine winters. We regularly see temperatures dip below 0F, with plenty of snow/moisture to boot.

I have VERY large hands, and purchased an XXL with doubts that it would still be big enough to fit. These surprisingly fit very well. I was able to easily get my hands in & then strap them on tight. They felt durable enough to take a few good impacts, but thin enough to allow for flexibility & movement in all fingers, unlike some of the thicker/"puffier" gloves out there.

Despite my original intentions, my first use of these gloves occurred at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Thanksgiving 2015. The weather turned out to be approximately 33-34 degrees F, with a strong/steady rain falling all day/night long. I came into the stadium well prepared for the elements, with multiple layers, spare clothing in the car, and these brand new gloves. I had them strapped tightly around my wrists & we ventured to our seats. During our 5 hours in the cold rain, these gloves managed to keep my hands dry for the entire time (besides some slight drips into the cuff from my rain jacket). The interior of the gloves remained completely dry & were able to keep my hands very warm the entire night!

I have yet to use these gloves during the coldest days back here in Maine (it's been an amazingly mild winter so far), but have had them on during some of our 25-30 degree days without any issues. I will update as soon as we have our first bitter cold snap and/or snow storm.

So far, I would recommend these gloves without any hesitation for both work and casual use. They have kept my hands very dry & warm!

good gloves , I am dropping 1 star because the description said that they would work with touchscreen devices thumb and index finger and they do not work with touch screens I have tried Samsung galaxy S7 phone, not a huge thing to me because I am not used to it and my phone is set to answer when I press the button . haven't had any real cold weather but high 20s and low 30s , dexterity is better than many winter gloves (just never going to be what it is in un-insulated gloves) , fit is good I wear a 2x in other Mechanix gloves that was the same in these , I went to the lumber yard and tried on what they had before I purchased , the lumber yard didn't have any in 2x and XL just wasn't going to work. 2x is still snug at first but wear them to work for a day or two and they will fit , like a glove. there is a small space that wind can blow in where the velcro closure meets , I may try fast fit for my next pair if that bothers me so far it has not. 22 dollars for a pair of gloves may seem like a lot but when you can wash them and they are good to go again it is really a cost savings over more less expensive pairs that don't take washing well. if Mechanix ever reads this, things I would like to see in the future , offer them in a brown or subdued I don't really care for wearing advertising and make the loops on the wrists just like the mpact gloves so they fit on a carabiner well , very handy to hang them on my belt and not loose them. I never set my Mpact gloves down so I don't have to go looking for them and there will be times when these have to come off like when I need to make phone calls , type or work with small parts.

Highly recommended.
Great insulation and relatively great moisture protection. When I get my next pair, I'm going to go a size down, though. I normally wear a medium and with all their other glove styles, they've fit fine. This time I'm going to go with a small. I don't know how it works, but these happen to be a bit long in the finger -- making fine tasks a bit more cumbersome. Still, for what I'm doing, they're going to be a winter lifesaver.
As for durability, I'm confident that these will outlast most other pairs of gloves I've killed.

This was actually a Bday present that I bought for my father. My father works outdoors in the blistering cold and he had some leather gloves that suppose to protect his hands from the cold. Unfortunately, those glove that he had we not water resistant and he had to place them on top of the hood of the truck or heater to let them dry and that would take hours.

So I have searched for some working gloves and to protected from the cold weather and water and these showed up. They came earlier as expected and actually today. my father wore them for work and he said that they are very warm and resist against water. Overall he loved his bday present and if he is happy I am happy. You cant go wrong with the Brand Mechanix really good quality gloves.

Gloves arrived in two days from Amazon's warehouse. The large gloves fit as expected, I have medium sized hands but long fingers and I always order large gloves. The gloves are surprisingly deleterious and are touch screen compatible. I am a manual wheelchair user and they do grip the wheels' rims nicely (however the real test is wear and that will prove itself out in the coming 6 months).

Negatives: The gloves didn't do much to keep my fingers warm in sub-freezing weather and that's disappointing but anything about 38F was acceptable.

Bottom line: These gloves are surprisingly deleterious but not warm enough for sub-freezing weather conditions.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Laminated wind barrier provides critical wind-resistance.
  • C40 3M Thinsulate traps warm air to help regulate your body temperature.
  • Ripstop nylon reinforcement repels water and prevents tearing.

Description

Rain, sleet or snow. When the temperature drops, reach for the Winter Impact Pro. Comfortable micro-fleece lines the entire glove and C40 3M Thinsulate traps warm air to help regulate your body temperature in the bitter cold. A Hipora waterproof liner keeps your hands dry and provides critical wind-resistance in rough weather. The Winter Impact Pro's rugged outer features Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) pinch-point fingertip protection and an Armortex knuckle guard to reduce impact injuries. Abrasion-resistant Armortex reinforces the fingertips and conceals EVA palm padding to reduce hand fatigue while you work. Stay connected to your touchscreen devices while you work outside, with AX Double Connect on your index finger and thumb.



Bought for gift for an AAA roadside assistance mechanic. They loved it. Gloves come with small clip so you can keep the pair together when not in use. Not as thickly insulated as I thought, but still good for windy conditions. Would not recommend for snow due to it being water resistant and not water proof. For snow would recommend a thermal or wool insulated worker glove. They look great and have grip inside Palm. My order size got mixed up, but company resent out right order within 24 hours and notified me the mistake has been fixed. Easy exchange as they provided the UPS return paid label. Company had very fast email response time.

Purchased these gloves after having a pair of large. I used the sizing chart and found I should purchase a size large, wrong; width very tight, finger length, good. Purchased the x-large, finger length a little longer, width still tight. Hopefully, the gloves will stretch in the width the more I wear them. Good gloves, just need more width from the start, could be warmer.

Not the warmest if you're just sitting, but if you are active you can wear these down to the below comfortably.

I took them with me when I volunteered at the Purdue Outing Club Adventure Race. Ten below in the woods of southern indiana, but my fingers stayed toasty and dry while chopping wood. I did have to switch gloves when just sitting around, as these do not have quite the insulation of other gloves, but the mobility in them when active is top notch.

My hands were kept warm enough without losing my dexterity. I was still able to climb ladders, pick up tools, and operate instruments with buttons. These gloves are now part of my "go bag" for my job. Only downside to these gloves is my ring and pinky fingers did not have the padded protection my other three fingers had. I highly recommend theses gloves to anyone who works outdoors in cold weather.

Kept my hands warm and shielded a majority of the wind while working on the flightline in North Dakota. Would do 5 stars but the mobility/dexterity of your fingers is limited when you're trying to pick something small up off the ground while wearing them.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment