Friday, April 26, 2019

DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety

DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle

DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle

Right out of the box your vision is as clear as I have ever had with any safety glasses.
* The seal around the pace is great
* Peripheral vision is amazing. These give you great field of view
** The major issues that I had with these is that if you are in a slightly humid area, they will and do fog up really quickly
** They scratch up very easily as you can see in the attached images

These are so much better than the 99 cent glasses you get at typical hardware stores. They provide protection against air particles such as dust and spray paint. I have used mine a lot and have got them extremely sweaty and gross with almost no noticed wear on the plastic or soft foam. They are quite large but should fit most faces.

Bought 2 of these, one for the wife and one for me. We have a project we are doing that required cutting lots of MDF(medium density fiberboard) which is not good for you to breathe or get in your eyes (very tiny particles). I picked these because people said they worked well with glasses (which i wear) and because they had full protection from flying debris and also from the airborne dust.

Pros: comfortable to wear for extended periods, lens don't distort vision, good dust protection, easy to locate on the workbench (bright yellow color), easily adjustable

Cons: when worn with respirator the nose piece rides up (i realize this also depends on the respirator you choose). Can still fog up, but i realize the only way to truly be fog-free is forced air mask.

Overall i am very happy with the purchase. I love the way they allow me to wear my prescription glasses. They provide a really confident feeling of protection both from flying objects and from fine dust in the air. The lenses are very clear with no noticeable distortion. They are comfortable to wear for extended periods.
I think with proper care these will last a good long time and provide great eye protection. Don't risk those precious eyeballs wear something when doing anything with power tools. I have included a picture of the wife and I trying to look scary in our goggles and respirators, Darth Vader style.

I just got these and they are great. I wear wide glasses and they fit nicely over my glasses. I can't really feel any difference with or without my glasses on. The rubber or whatever it is that makes contact with your face is very soft and comfortable. My riding mower kicks up a lot of dust and debris. I also wear protection over my face so I won't inhale junk I'm allergic to. I bough a motorcycle face protector on Amazon. Even when wearing the face protector the goggles don't fog up. Finally I can have face and eye protection together on my mower.

There's not any distortion to your vision and you have a good 180 degree field of view. The smoked lens has a great level of tint. These will work in the sun and shade nicely. I'm really glad I bought these.

Not too bad. I use these for mowing because I'm constantly getting stuff blown into my eyes even with safety glasses or sunglasses on. These keeps out the dust and bits of stuff blown out of the mower and the tinting is perfect. Much better than safety glasses. I also haven't had any problems with them fogging up on the hot and humid days here. They do get a little warm with you're working hard and it's hot out though. The only problem so far is they scratch very very easy. Matter of fact I dropped them onto the grass before even wearing them for the first time and when I picked them up noticed a mark. Also while trimming they pick up some marks. They'd be 5 star for sure if they were a little more impact resistant.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • DEWALT tough Coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
  • DEWALT Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
  • Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
  • Adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit
  • Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
  • Built-in ventilation Channel provides extra fog control and ventilation
  • Dual injected rubber provides a soft, comfortable seal
  • Clip attachment allows for easy lens replacement
  • Cloth head strap provides a comfortable, easily adjustable fit
  • Tough, polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance.
  • Built-in ventilation channel provides extra fog control and ventilation
  • Dual injected rubber provides a soft, comfortable seal
  • Clip attachment allows for easy lens replacement
  • Cloth head strap provides a comfortable, easily adjustable fit
  • Tough, polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance.

Description

*DEWALT ToughCoat hard coated lens , *DEWALT XtraClear anti-fog lens coating , *Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face, *Adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit, *Ventilation channels allow breathability , *The DEWALT Concealer goggle is a dual mold goggle that provides protection from dust and debris



As far as protecting your eyes go, these are pretty darn good. Whenever I cut metal or have to get my face in something really dusty, these protect the eyes splendidly. However the 2 pretty severe drawbacks are how easily they scratch and fog up. I ordered a case with these from day 1. And man oh man is it important that the instant you are done with them, you take them from your head to the case. If you put them down absolutely anywhere else, you are begging for them to fall over and get scratched. I am currently on my second pair as the first ones lasted about a month before they were so scratched as to be useless for seeing anything in detail. My second pair has probably lasted me about 6 months now, being extremely vigilant about case to head to case again.
Now the second issue is fogging. If you expect to be able to keep these attached to your face around your eyes for more than 4 minutes at a time, then they will be a waste of money for you. As a disclaimer I do work year round in Charleston, SC, so humidity is always high. But I only need to wear these on my eyes for 20 seconds to 3 minutes when I make some type of cut. Other people would give these a 1, 2, or 3 star rating based on these 2 problems, and I am on the fence about 4, but if you use googles like I do, $10($20 with a case) is pretty high value for not getting metal flakes or sawdust in your eyes that a $3 pair of safety glasses could never hope to prevent.

These are fabulous eye protection. I use it for my allergies. They are great for their intended use too: safety. The ToolGuyd.com reviewed safety googles and wrote this:

"Dewalt’s Concealer goggles are actually rebranded Radians Cloak goggles, so the two styles are interchangeable, with the only differences being cost, availability, and color scheme.

Safety goggles need not be uncomfortable to wear, and these Radians Cloak goggles prove it. These goggles feature: a tough anti-fog polycarbonate protective lens, a soft dual mold rubber lining that provides a comfortable face-seal, a strong Neoprene elastic adjustment strap, and perimeter ventillation channels for improved air flow.

We have used quite a few different styles of safety goggles in the past, and have found that Radians’ Cloak and Dewalt’s Concealer goggles are extremely comfortable to wear, even for prolonged periods.

While these goggles resist fogging somewhat effectively, prolonged wear can still sometimes lead to high humidity and condensation, but it is important to note that the same has been true for almost every single pair of goggles we’ve ever worn. When this happens, we typically resort to our our patented remove and wipe anti-fog technique.

We mostly wear these goggles by themselves for protection against impact and particulate hazards, but they’re also low-profile enough to fit underneath face shields. You of course know that face shields should be worn with safety glasses or goggles underneath them, right?

I wear corrective prescription glasses, and these Cloak/Concealer goggles fit well right over them.

These goggles meet ANSI Z87.1+ standards and provide 99.9% UVA/UVB protection. These goggles, at least those that we’ve purchased, are made in the USA."

Source URL: [...]

Just what I needed. I purchased these safety glasses to use as shooting glasses. I have several pair of regular eyeglass-type shooting glasses but the ear rest stems all irritate and hurt my ears when I have them on for extended periods of time. The hearing protection muffs push the ear rest stems into the side of my head as well as compressing my ears against them. After a while it really starts to irritate and hurt. I went looking at sport goggles but the field of view is a little too restricted for my taste. A good pair are also somewhat expensive. These DeWalt safety glasses are very comfortable and fit quite well. Mine were delivered this morning and I only had them at the range for a short period of time. I don't know how well the anti-fog properties are as I did not wear them long enough but I find out next week and I'll update my review accordingly. The only nit I have was figuring out how to adjust the headband straps. They come new with the straps set for a somewhat smaller sized head (probably not an adult size). Like most straps one would think to release the tension on the strap and pull it open. Nope that doesn't work. What you have to do is pull the side of the strap that goes around your head "across" towards the other side of the glasses. In another words parallel to the front of the glasses. It slides fairly easy so just pull a little from each side until you get the length you need. These are nicely made safety glasses that are quite comfortable.

Bought it to protect my eyes from dust and junk stirred up by mowing a yard that has some dusty spots. Works pretty well for me with my glasses, and would be great for someone who does not wear glasses.

Glasses prevent the seals on the sides from working properly. I mostly remedied that by cutting slits in the seals to allow the frames to go through the slits and the seals to almost completely, well, seal.

Only problem I have is that my sweating while wearing these causes my glasses to fog up (to be fair, the goggles themselves do not fog up, just the glasses with under the goggles).

My eyes feel a LOT better after mowing while wearing these than mowing without these. I'd buy them again.

I'm a professional landscaper. These are excellent for keeping eyes protected from flying debris. Some dust may get into the vents designed to keep the lens from fogging. The reason they don't get a 5 star rating is because they do fog when it is cool outside. Overall I am satisfied for what I use them for.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment