Monday, September 9, 2019

Streamlight 90540 Survivor LED Right Angle Flashlight, Orange - 175

Streamlight 90540 Survivor LED Right Angle Flashlight, Orange - 175 Lumens

Streamlight 90540 Survivor LED Right Angle Flashlight,  Orange - 175 Lumens

I used this light while working in a rescue capacity during Hurricane Sandy that hit NYC in 2012. The Streamlight was the only light that performed flawlessly during the whole event. We had several bulky box style as well as portable "waterproof" lights that failed as soon as the saltwater hit them. This light was not affected whatsoever by the storm. It is compact, rugged, lighter than the others we had, and the battery life was great. The spring lever on the back kept the light fixed on front of my harness and did not break or fall off. It kept the light pointing forward at chest height at a great distance, enabling me to utilize both hands without holding the light and letting me see a good distance ahead. Large push button on top was easy to find in no light, and with work gloves on. When I think back, this light was truly the only piece of equipment that worked without issue during that whole event.

I have used different models of this light in over 300 working structure fires and it works great in all conditions.
The pros: Very bright, cost effective, long battery life, durable, simple operation.
The cons: when the battery is low the flashlight tends to shut off when it is hit by something. I have noticed as well that the low light setting does not work when the battery is low. After about 4 years of regular use the flaslight circuit board burned out. Im not complaining since I have put it through so much.

The whole department uses them after I bought mine! Excellent choice for firefighter applications

I have used various Streamlight products over the last 24 years I have been in the Fire service. This alkaline LED version of the survivor light was perfect for my set of gear that I don't use on a regular basis. I can keep a set of batteries in the battery adapter, and put them in the Light when I need them or in the event I want to get the rechargeable lithium battery it will work with this light. The survivors are good durable lights and the LED updated model is great to have.

Streamlight survivors speak for themselves. Smaller helmet flashlights are great but I wouldn't be caught dead on a fire without my streamlight on my chest (12 years as a professional firefighter). The beam pattern as advertised projects wide and narrow at the same time. I had a rechargeable older model for about 8 years before the batteries finally gave out on me. I was skeptical of this lower profile model with an LED bulb (yes I was still rocking a real bulb) but honestly it works better than my older model ever did. I also like the flashing mode you can put it in by holding down the power button. I have used it several times on the freeway to help control traffic at night. Your can really get peoples attention from a distance with this thing. Bullet proof, water proof and it runs on AA batts I get from my department. Nuff said!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rubber dome push-button switch easy to use with gloves
  • Dual power source: Rechargeable NiCd battery; also accepts 4 "AA" alkaline batteries
  • C4 LED with high, low, emergency flash and moonlight modes
  • High for a super-bright beam that pierces through smoke: 41,000 candela; 175 lumens; 405m beam distance; runs 3.5 hours (NiCd); runs 4 hours (alkaline)
  • Low for bright light and longer run time: 14,000 candela; 60 lumens; 237m beam distance; runs 13 hours (NiCd); runs 15 hours (alkaline)
  • Flashlight case is made from high impact, super tough nylon and is "O" Ring sealed
  • Unbreakable Lexan Lens with silicone anti-scratch coating is assembled in a heavy duty bezel; O-ring sealed
  • 3 watt Luxeon LED, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
  • Run time: high up to 3 continuous hours, low up to 6 continuous hours
  • 6-3/4-inches high by 2-3/4-inches wide; 3 inch diameter

Description

Streamlight Survivor rechargeable 90540 LED flashlight alkaline battery/orange. The Survivor right-angle light from Streamlight is a top choice for firefighters. It is rechargeable, IPX4 safety-rated and has four lighting modes.



Solid light. I am not a firefighter but a regular guy. I purchased this light to throw on my pack so I can be seen while rucking at night. Like the dual fuel capability and am happy I got the rechargeable model. The built in battery goes for about 3.5 hours. If I need more light I simply change out the battery to the supplied alkaline holster. I purchased eneloop pro aa and they power the light flawlessly. The only part of the process in changing batteries Is pulling the metal tab. It's a bit hard so I use the spine of my knife to get enough leverage. Overall very happy with this light. Time will tell but it seems like a quality built product. Only gripe is that Amazon sent me an opened box product on the first shipment, however, they replaced it right away with new product. I have noticed this with some items purchased at Amazon. Other than that very happy with this purchase.

Bought this based on the reviews. Mounted on shoulder strap on my vest/plate carrier. Looks like you could hammer a nail with it. Took a fair amount of water spray with no issues. Nice amount of light and beam angle. Would be nice if there was a red filter capability for nighttime use. Looks like this will last forever. Uses AA batteries and all my other gear is CR123 so minor inconvenience of having to find a small pouch to carry spares but no big deal. You can fee the quality of the construction right away. Firefighters I have spoken to swear by this light and I can see why. Will probably order another for my tac bag. Good metal clip slips right on an available MOLLE position. Not as bright as the Streamlight TLr1-H which I have on my pistol and M4 but bright enough as a body worn or handheld light when you don't want to muzzle something just to light it up. Nice light.

Pretty much a firefighter's standard equipment, but even better with the LED technology! This thing is super bright, the recessed and shorter bezel is a great improvement. So far so good.

If I had any critique, it's the size. I haven't fully understood why the Survivor is as large as it is, seems like it could be slightly thinner body.

This is clearly a light built for emergency personnel and firefighters but it also makes an excellent spot light for walks in the woods or property line walks. Since the reflector cone is so deep the beam is ultra-focused and throws very far, very clearly. This works great to cut through the first few lines of trees to spot eye shine or in foggy, nasty weather.

The clip on this is wonderful but also wide. It will not fit standard MOLLE webbing as it is about 1.5 inches wide. It does fit perfectly in a pocket or on a sternum strap and holds very strongly.

Be aware this uses AAs but they are put in a carrier system so there are added dimensions. It is roughly the size of a 20oz soda bottle shaped into an oval so be aware.

Very durable, very water resistant and a great thrower.

I have to say that I am extremely impressed with this high quality flashlight! It surpasses many of its competitors. I do Security at a government facility and use Steamlight instead of my issued flashlight. It’s bright, useful in all environments and situations. The housing of the Steamlight flashlight is tough and could withstand harsh encounters. The Steamlight flashlight will not fail you! Streamlight Survivor flashlight is the flashlight that will get you through the night!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment