Wednesday, September 25, 2019

FilterBuy 20x30x1 MERV 8 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter, (Pack of 4 Filters), 20x30x1 -

FilterBuy 20x30x1 MERV 8 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter, (Pack of 4 Filters), 20x30x1 - Silver

FilterBuy 20x30x1 MERV 8 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter, (Pack of 4 Filters), 20x30x1 - Silver

I have bought numerous different air filters for my house without ever really doing my research on what I am actually buying. I have spent upwards of $25 per filter in various stores. After doing my research I found that I could order these filters that don't have that "brand name" save money and also protect the air in my house as well as the furnace. Here is what MERV 8 is designed for:

MERV 5 – 8
Most commercial applications and better residential buildings

75%-85% of all particles in your air would be trapped in the filter. You can also going higher MERV ratings which will increase particle collection. The MERV rating goes up to MERV16 which traps 95% of airborne particles.

These filters are perfect for residential use. Hope this helps a little bit to better understand these acronyms and what filter is best because I had no clue until doing a little research. Also the filters edge is easy to bend, thus I warn to be very gently when installing. I would start with one sides edges first. Get them in place tightly against the vent frame then fit the other side in. If the correct dimensions were ordered the fit should be easy, fast, and without any damage to the filter itself.

I am immensely satisfied with these filters. This size is very hard to find and was not available at Loews or Home Depot stores. I did my research on MERV ratings and the prices on the 4-pack were great. Easily fit into the air filter slot (be sure to know the direction of air flow...insert with arrow aligned to air flow direction). When combined with my new air purifier that cleaned the incoming return air, I was sleeping soundly and awakening clear headed in no time. The MERV 8 filter is perfect and doesn't overwork the a/c unit. Highly recommended for purchase.

I have tried all kinds of filters. These are not the best filters you can buy - but I will tell you for the money - they work great. I have a friend in the industry that told me to stop buying the crazy expensive filters - and just buy cheaper filters and replace them more often.

So after using these for 3 months - I have found them to perform as good as the comparable brand that I can buy at the big box store. And I really like that I found ones online that I like, so I can just order them from Amazon.

I think these are a great value - they compare to ones that cost a bit more -and do a great job.

I also run my fan in the house all the time. 24/7. I do this because it keeps the house balanced better. Winter and Summer. Now there is a great debate about leaving your fan on AUTO or ON. You can read that debate and decide for yourself it its worth it. But just know, I run mine 24/7 and use these filters. And I think they are just great.

I immediately replaced my filter which I got from Home Depot which this. It's slightly smaller than 20x25x1, but it shouldn't be a problem for my AC return.
I can only imagine this would save a lot of trouble for others buyers if it is printed clearly next to the size advertised on amazon.
Although on the filter itself the actual size as well as the advertised are both printed.
Overall I would say this seems like a great buy for the money. They come in 4.

You have probably seen this in other reviews, but the actual size you get is slightly smaller than what you buy. For example, I bought a pack of 14x14 and 18x18, and the sizes I got were 13.5x13.5 and 17.25x17.25. I wish they were more upfront about that.

That being said, these are PERFECT for my HVAC system. I don’t know how other houses are set up, but our returns in our house (the area you put these filters) have bolts and screws on the inside, so I used to have to really wedge in filters that were the “true” size. It always took 5 minutes or so of force before with older, bigger filters to force them in, but these just pop in.

The actual quality itself is great. It’s a MERV rating of 8 (more than enough for most residential households) and quality wise it’s better than comparable priced filters you’ll find at other department stores. We actually got a new HVAC system installed and I asked the technicians about these and they said they were great and not to overpay for other brands (unless you REALLY need a higher allergy rating or other specialized filter for pets).

Overall - highly recommended. Will definitely be buying this brand from now on.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 20x30x1 MERV 8 Pleated Air Filter for AC HVAC or Furnace (Pack of 4 Filters). AFB Silver MERV 8, comparable with MPR 300 / 600 (clean living and dust & pollen).
  • MADE IN THE USA: Manufactured by FilterBuy in the USA using 100% American made components.
  • TRAPS 90% OF AIRBORNE PARTICLES: Say goodbye to dust, debris, lint, pollen, and pet dander. Say hello to better indoor air quality!
  • LONG-LASTING: Designed to last up to 3 months. Ideal for residential and commercial use.
  • HIGH QUALITY: Filter frames are made of beverage board, which stays strong through humidity and temperatures up to 200° F. Synthetic media provides significantly higher particulate efficiency than standard cotton media.

Description

The AFB Silver MERV 8 furnace / air filter is the most commonly purchased replacement filter by AirFilterBuy. The AFB Silver filters pollen, mold, dust mites, and other particles that are up to the size of 'pudding mix' that you might buy at the grocery store. We recommend the AFB Silver Merv 8 filter for basic home and residential use. It will protect your AC / furnace system, while offering adequate filtration to keep your home dust and pollen free.

Whenever you are choosing an air filter, make sure that you compare the nominal and actual size of the furnace filter that you are replacing. In this case, the ‘nominal’ size of the filter is 20x30x1 while the ‘actual’ size of the filter is 19.5 x 29.5. Generally, the nominal size is rounded and in bigger print while the actual size is in smaller print and in parenthesis to the side.

The AFB Silver MERV 8 filter is designed to last 3 months, or 3 times the average fiberglass filter. The filters ship directly from the manufacturer to your doorstep, allowing AFB the ability to offer a premium product at a reasonable price.

Each quantity purchased is for a pack of 4 filters.

Note that AFB filters come in AFB Bronze (Merv 6), AFB Silver (Merv 8), AFB Gold (Merv 11), and AFB Platinum (Merv 13). The most commonly used filter for home or business use is the AFB Silver (Merv 8). If you have pets or allergies we recommend the AFB Gold (Merv 11). If you have asthma or other respiratory illness, we recommend the Merv 13.

AirFilterBuy: Breathe Better!



I am pleased with the price and the overall use of this product. I changed the filter for this one and with the first restart of the furnace the dust was no longer setting on my furniture. I will never buy another filter (wont name brand) just because the cost was low!

Good set of filters for the money. Our furnace is not a high quality/high efficiency model, so we cannot get a thicker filters with higher Merv ratings. But these shipped quickly and seem to do a very good job at limiting the dust in our home.

We recently purchased a new furnace that takes 4" deep pleated filters. The original filter only lasted 3 months, not the 6 was told. When it came time to change the filter, the furnace salesman said that these filters are custom made and cost $50 each. He insisted that I could not purchase appropriate filters from anyone except his company. Total lie! These FilterBuy filters (and several other brands) fit just fine for 1/4 the price. And the filters arrived a few days sooner than expected. The only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is that I will have a wait a few months to see if they last as long (or longer) that the original filter. If they do, I will increase my rating to 5 stars. NOTE: It is important to look at the "actual" measurements of all filters rather than their "nominal" measurements. The actual measurements for these filters are correct for me.

I received the filters in 2 days so I would have to rate that as outstanding. As for the filters, they appear to be sturdy, high quality filters, worth the extra cost compared to the flimsy Walmart brand. I am not sure how long they will last because it doesn't state this anywhere. I am guessing I will have to change them out monthly though. I know some of the other comments suggested the filters are supposed to last 3 months each which makes this pack of 4 a year supply, but I highly doubt it. The filters do not have any built in notches or handles on the end either, so I'll probably have to pry them out with a screwdriver or pliers. Other than that, I will probably reorder them.

Filter quality and size specifications are perfect. I was originally concerned that a bulky fabric/cardboard item would suffer from a shipping mishap but was pleasantly surprised when the package arrived and the filters(4 pack) were not crushed or damaged by shipping. Frequent changing of HVAC filters is absolutely necessary for keeping home air quality in check as well as extending the longevity of the HVAC unit.
The only real issue is how to protect the 3 other filters not used. I managed to carefully cut the thin clear packaging film and removed one filter then used packaging tape to seal up the unused filters for storage.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment