Monday, September 23, 2019

Showa Atlas 772 M Nitrile Elbow Length Chemical Resistant Gloves, 26",

Showa Atlas 772 M Nitrile Elbow Length Chemical Resistant Gloves, 26", Yellow

Showa Atlas 772 M Nitrile Elbow Length Chemical Resistant Gloves, 26

I bought this because I work as a dishwasher and i get rashes from my hands so i thought the longer gloves would work. They DO work, but dont buy it. Why? Because they will start to smell baaad. The inside is made of cotton or something and once you get the inside wet, they will start to smell bad especially if you work as a dishwasher and you have to remove your hands every 10 minutes or so. i washed it and dried it everyday but the smell just stays on. after a while i still got my rashes. They are good if you use em ocasionally for like gardening or something but dont buy it for work, they also take a while to remove.

I bought these gloves to clean my fish tank. They are perfect for the job. They don't leak like the other ones I bought and they keep me dry all the way up to my armpit. I posted a picture of my hand size for reference. These medium sized gloves fit my hands very well with a little wiggle room. I could probably wear a small if I wanted them to fit tight but I like how these feel. I wear them for hours while I sort through the rocks and my hands stay dry and clean the whole time. Highly recommend these gloves.

Bought these to wear when working in my aquariums and I really like them. The Med size fits my medium women hands. So I would go for a larger size if you're a dude.

Features I like:
Able reach the bottom of a large tank without getting water into the gloves.
Keeps what's in the tank off my skin (like bacteria and fish poo)
Keeps what's on my skin out of the tank (like soap and lotion)
Can feel things with my fingers through the gloves.
Able to hold on to heavy objects because they have good gripping ability.
Can easily hold trimmers, scissors and planting tweezers.

Highly recommend these for aquarium use.

Update: I've been using the same gloves for over 2 years with no problems. Very happy with the quality.
2nd update: going on 4 years now and the gloves are still working great!

I have run kitchens in healthcare settings for over 15 years. I have never minded jumping into the dish room to help run dishes, or helping out with pots and pans. Does it get gross? Yes. Does the skin on your hands and arms get irritated and angry after a full shift in commercial detergents? Yes. Do these gloves help? YES!

I LOVE that they go up over my elbow, about midway between my elbow and shoulder, and the elastic at the top keeps the water from dripping down my arms, defeating the purposes of wearing gloves. The length is particularly helpful when I am reaching into the garbage disposal, pulper, or dish machine drain. (NOTE: Yes, these items are powered off, and locked down before I do that...these gloves will not prevent your hand from being mangled if you forget to do so, that's not their purpose!) I love that the texture on the actual hand part of the gloves is nubby and rough...I am sometimes able to "scrub" dishes with my hands, and I can grip slippery items, like glasses, without worrying about dropping things. They are also pretty tough, as I haven't had one develop a hole yet. (I probably could if I handled broken glass, china, or knives improperly, though.)

The only "con" I can think of is they will begin to smell, just like anything that is left wet...kind of like a mop head that hasn't been changed in a week, or the wet cleaning cloth hamper. I turn them inside out and run them through a clean dish machine regularly, and hang them up to dry. If I still notice an odor, then I will turn them inside out and spray them with a mild bleach solution (50ppm) and let them dry in the sun.

I am allergic to most epoxy systems used for flooring. I sometimes find myself handling epoxy in a mortar mixer which eventually needs cleaning. These gloves + long sleeve shirt or hoodie do well to protect me, provided I don't get too much xylene on it (which will disintegrate the gloves over time). My first pair were wasted (cracking around the fingers) after 1.5 weeks (averaging 50-hour workweek) of pouring an epoxy flooring system as I over exposed them to xylene and acetone while cleaning the finishing tools used during the pour. My second pair, I took better care of by using dry rags to wipe off epoxy (both compounded and uncompounded) throughout our pours and extended the life of them to 4ish weeks.

Word to the wise for folks like me with epoxy allergies, once these come into contact with epoxy or solvents, ALWAYS wear long sleeves under the gloves. I made the mistake of putting these on 4 days into using a pair with a t-shirt and found myself reacting around the arm cuff which had been contaminated with compounded epoxy 2 days prior from cleaning my mortar mixer as well as reactions on my forearm. Nitrile provides rather basic and temporary protection from epoxies and solvents; eventually, those materials permeate and can cause an allergic reaction like I described. I also wear a pair of regular (but thin) work gloves under them to tuck my long sleeve shirt or hoodie into (I have small hands, so this size works well for me wearing gloves underneath).


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 100% Liquid proof
  • Wide range of chemical resistantance
  • No uncomfortable seams
  • Elastic in upper sleeve keeps glove on
  • Nitrile provides better dexterity than PVC gloves

Description

The amazing flexibility of these new long sleeved nitrile gloves is the most notable feature. A unique formulation helps reduce the hand fatigue associated with typical coated gloves. Additionally, the coating treatment provides excellent wet and dry grip. The extra long 26-in glove has a 100% cotton liner for comfort. Excellent reisitance to: AMMONIA LIQUID 28%, CYCLOHEXANOL, DIBUTYL PHTHALATE, ETHYLENE SULFOXIDE, GASOLINE, HEXANE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID 20%, HYDROCHLORIC ACID 37%, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, KEROSENE, NAPTHA, PENTANE, PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE 20%, STODDARD SOLVENT, TURPENTINE OIL. Good reisitance to: SULPHURIC ACID 20%. Acceptable reisitance to: DIMETHYL GLYCOL, ETHYL ALCOHOL, METHYL ALCOHOL, SULPHURIC ACID 80%. NOT RECOMMENDED: ACETIC ACID, ACETONE, BENZENE, METHYL BUTHYL KETONE, METHYL ETHYL KETONE, METHYLENE CHLORIDE, TOLUENE, TRICHLORETHYLENE, XYLENE. To find out your glove size, measure (in inches) around your hand with a tape measure at the place. Use the measurements below to determine your proper glove size. 8-9 Inches is medium, 9-10 is large, and 10-11 is extra large. 100% Liquid proof. Wide range of chemical resistantance (see guide). No uncomfortable seams. Elastic in upper sleeve keeps glove on. Nitrile provides better dexterity than PVC gloves. Leakproof shoulder length sleeve. Tested for quality assurance. No latex allergies. Commercial and recreational fishing. Chemical handling. Food Processing. Maintenance & Cleanup. Handling greasy and oily equipment.



Must have for dishwashing. I use these for 1-2 hours daily, and they lasted for 8 months before getting a small hole between two fingers. I just recieved my new pair, here's a photo for comparisson. Just make sure your hands are clean and dry before putting them on. Can be turned inside out and washed if they get stinky.

After cutting or scraping my hands one too many times while cleaning aquarium, I decided to try these. Love them. They stay up on my arms, they are thick, so should hold up well... but super easy to pick up even small objects... and they have little rough spots on the fingers which really helps when you are trying to wipe something off in tank or pick up something that you don't want to drop! Perfect size for my hands. I plan on buying an extra pair! One suggestion... scrub them really good with warm water before first use. They had some type of lather the first time and I am glad I cleaned them before putting in the aquarium.

I bought these gloves to do some deep diving into my outdoor pond.

I don't shop for pond gloves often... in truth this is only the second pair that I've owned but I find them superior to the Coralife product in pretty much every way.

The quality of the gloves seems good, and the overall dexterity of the glove (fingers) seems far superior to another product that I have tried (Coralife Energy Savers ACLAF9505).

The fingers themselves have little nubs periodically sprinkled throughout that help you to grip slippery objects. I've lifted some pretty large rocks out of my pond and have not had any issues holding onto them.

The reason why I give these 4 out of 5 stars is that that gloves are really tight on my hands. I have above average width hands and while they work for me, and probably is why I perceive the dexterity to be so good, people with larger hands may have issues with these.

Really good product, good price, and seem like they will last a while.

I bought these to clean my fish tank very effective and safe. I have large blood parrot that is quite friendly until you try to clean her tank. She does not like siphons invading her living space and messing it up after she has put the sand and other objects just where she wanted them. She is not able bite me with these on. the tank is deep and these easily keep my arm covered up to my shoulder and stay put. They are comfortable, easy to move and grip with. I am a woman I bought medium and they fit fine. The only draw back is they have a metal eyelet near the top facing the inside part of the arm. I stay dry most of the time however, if my fish startles me by charging and I am looking away i do occasionally get a little water inside the glove. I really could just ignore her there is no chance she could bite me but she does have a hard strike and it she still manages to "get' me any way. If I did not wear gloves she could take a small chunk out of me as I found out when she was a baby.

These gloves fit very well; much better than the standard kitchen glove, e.g. Playtex. The gloves are very easy to pull on, even over clothing. They actually reach up past my elbows almost to my armpits. I purchased these gloves to alleviate concerns I had about inserting my hands/arms into my aquarium during maintenance duties. As a heavy sunscreen user, I was concerned that residue would remain on my hands/arms even after washing them thoroughly. I've been experiencing higher than normal Betta deaths, so I'm trying to alleviate anything that might impact the aquarium environment. I used these gloves yesterday for the first time while inserting a new plant into the gravel. Of course, since the gloves do not fit like surgical gloves, it was a pretty awkward procedure and took twice as long had I not been wearing gloves. However, I'm sure that over time I'll get used to using them in this manner. I would definitely recommend them!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment