Monday, September 30, 2019

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Work Gloves (Medium,

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Work Gloves (Medium, Red)

Mechanix Wear - M-Pact 2 Work Gloves (Medium, Red)

I wore through the finger tips of my last pair of gloves-an older model of Mechanix that lasted me about three years. If the first few months are any indicator, I expect to get at least that much wear out of these.

I've been wearing these for the last several months, typically moving music gear (no roadies here), and doing work around my house. I like them. The knuckle and finger protectors work well to keep from getting bruises and cuts on my fingers, the grip tips do a good job as well.

I would not hesitate to buy these.

Update for 2 years later (4/13/18). I finally wore through the finger tips of these. So, I replaced them with the same pair.

Likes: added bumpers on the fingers, extra padding on the knuckle/top of hand area, reinforcements in the palm/fingers. These are worth every penny over the standard models.

Dislikes: if you get sweaty, these things can smell a bit after a year or so.

So, two years per pair. That is AOK for me. I wear them when I move gear (I'm a musician), at the gun range (on occasion), and I'm on blood thinners. The finger bumpers and the added padding on the top part of the hand has saved me from bruises, cuts, and pain. I love these gloves. The fit is great. The quality is high. The protection is amazing. When I finally wore through the finger tips, I ordered two pairs this time (a blue pair and a red pair), mostly to take into account my tendency to lose things/forget which case/bag they are in.

Awesome gloves. I used them for anything, but mainly at my part-time job in a grocery store as a stocker. Very padded, so far very durable. Provide some mild thermal protection, although not rated to. The index finger is a bit long. A coworker who has the M-Pact version 1 has this problem too, so it may or may not just be our hands. I am not a fan of the velcro Mechanix uses. They are easy to release but don't always seem to stay very well. These seem fine so far, but my other Mechanix gloves with the same velcro were fine but eventually one stopped sticking very well.

The padding is great, finger backs, knuckles, palm, thumb, and finger tips. Considering their bulkiness, I am still reasonably tactile. I sure hope they hold up for at least 3 months of work, but I am not worrying.
Pretty good price here, compared to other places.

EDIT: the soft part of the velcro on one glove is coming off. I will have to resew that on.

I regularly go to the batting cages and hit a lot of balls. And my hands used to get torn to shreds. I've tried nearly every type of batting glove available (I have a whole bag full of them) but every glove had different issues which would lead to tearing up my hands in different ways or the gloves would work OK but disintegrate in just a BP session or two.

Then I heard about the M-Pact II on a softball site, and figured I'd give them a shot. Wow, they are excellent. At least for the bottom hand (I use a Turboslot on the top hand). Now my palm doesn't bruise up, my thumb doesn't blister, and I can hit more often without waiting to heal.

They aren't perfect, and I still apply a tiny bit of tape to key spots, but they are FAR better than anything else I've tried. I'm now on my 4th pair with three stiff, sweat encrusted pairs in the toolbox for low impact jobs like physical labor.

I've used this same product for dog training for the past 10 years and they are excellent. I highly recommend this as a glove that offers great exterior hand protection but is comfortable and flexible. As a female it is hard to find performance gloves that are not too lightweight. Just make sure you order a small if you have average size hands. You may still find the fingers to be a tad longer than ladies versions.

I work at a big box home improvement store. I am part of a team involved with moving a lot of merchandise to ensure that it's available for customers to purchase. I carry small items and even large ones, like pre-hung doors(hollow core, I won't dead lift, solid core). So I need a pair of gloves to protect my hands. I have normally bought CLC gloves, the 10$ ones. I have always worn through the index and middle finger tips on both gloves. Aside from these Mechanix gloves looking cool, they have a lot of padding to protect your hands. Sometimes when sifting through doors in an overhead, a door can pinch your hand ,but at least the padding that this glove has, softened that impact. The gloves aren't too clunky. I could tie my shoe if I needed too and even duplicate keys with them on.

I've had this pair for 2 1/2 months now and they are now trashed(I will post an image or two). I wear my gloves for more than 4 hours a day, I am part time, but some days are full shifts. I'm rough with gloves. After a month, I started to notice tears in a couple fingertips. On the thumb finger and index finger there is a rubberized protection going around the fingertip that prevented tearing on those tips. I wish they had this material on all fingers. I didn't want these gloves to show that wear so early, so I decided to stitch them up. Well new holes developed elsewhere, so I stitched them again. After that, they just started degrading in other places at a rapid rate. The top of the gloves survived fine. The rubber piece running the length on the top of your fingers didn't detach or the stitching between the padding didn't undo.

These gloves would also get hot so my hands would sweat. I would take them home to air out and not just sit in the locker. Whatever lining it had inside, wore out too, so my hands began to feel irritated.

If I had larger hands, I'd be able to get leather gloves in a 3 pack for cheap. I cannot find them in small though. I just received some Klein, unlined deer skin gloves today. These cost a little more than these, but are thicker. I hope they last me longer.

I really liked these gloves while they lasted. They survived the amount of time that probably 2 pairs of the CLC gloves would've lasted. I guess I paid generally the same. I did appreciate the level of comfort and protection that they provided though. I recommend them. Your hands feel almost invincible!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Accordion knuckle guard with high density EVA foam padding.
  • Armortex fingertips provide durable gripping power.
  • Anatomically designed palm padding with high density EVA foam.
  • 4mm XRD impact pad reduces shock and vibration.
  • Machine washable.

Description

From racing to industrial safety, the M-Pact 2 knows no bounds when it comes to protecting your hands from impact, abrasion and hand fatigue. Anatomically designed for an unbelievable fit, the M-Pact 2 features an accordion knuckle with EVA foam padding and Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) finger guards to protect against blunt force impact. Your palm is fully protected with anatomical palm padding and a 4mm XRD impact pad, which reduces shock and vibration from hand tools. Durable Armortex fingertips improve your gripping power in dry, oily and wet conditions.



protect my hand in chilly weather while I am training with firearms. fit well so I can manipulate weapon controls (safeties, slings, sight adjustments...) and fit in the trigger guard of all my weapons... padding protects hands from bruising if I do strenuous drills and bang my hands into stuff. have 4 pairs of various types/models from this outstanding company and they always shine. no matter what style I get! they are NOT fire resistant so use caution around flame sources ie. campfires and such.

I have owned a few different brands of the "Mechanics Gloves" . The Mechanix Wear M-Pact 2 model is by far the best pair I've used . They beat the Iron Clad and Craftsmen gloves by a long shot . The extra protection on the back (knuckle and back hand) is why I prefer these gloves . When a wrench slips off and you bang the back of your hand , you're protected from cuts and bruises . The heat resistance is nice also . I work in one of the busiest Sports arenas in the USA , these gloves last me about 1-1/2 years of serious abuse . Worth every penny at $29.99 a pair .

More padding in the palms than in the fingers. I thought my issue required palm protection, but is actually a finger vibration/irritation issue. Resolved with the Cestus Pro Series Deep Gel ll series gloves. Unfortunately, if buying to resolve a nerve irritation issue, everyone may require a slightly different resolution.

I did a lot of searching before I bought these gloves. I work in fleet maintenance at a major food distribution center, and drive a goat pulling trailers (among other things). I have to lower the landing gear on each trailer, and the handle takes a wear on any glove, leather palmed, you name it. My gloves take a beating. Mechanix gloves are generally the one's we use in the shop because they last and hold up to EXTREME pounding. The stitching is always great, and never lets loose on the fingers. I suggest you check the sizing chart if you want them to "fit like a glove". They mold to your hand as you wear them for an individual form fit. Great glove, and a great price from Amazon. Actually cheaper then buying from Mechanix. Thank you Amazon!!

I bought the gloves a size slightly smaller so that I could maintain dexterity in the fingertips when handling nails, screws, and other small items. They worked great and treated me well through warm and cold weather. They are good all-around gloves that worked well through all types of activities including stone walls, framing, demo, and even some finish carpentry outside in the garage in colder weather.

The major problem: because of the smaller size I chose I blew out the fingertips on a few of the fingers.

Despite my frustration with the shortness of time these lasted, I have now just purchased a second pair. Maybe next time I will try moving up a size and see if they will still support the ability to pick up a nail in the fingertips without taking off the gloves.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment