Saturday, August 24, 2019

West Chester 500DP Leather Glove, 2.5" Rubberized Safety Cuff, 10.38" Length, XL (Pack of 12

West Chester 500DP Leather Glove, 2.5" Rubberized Safety Cuff, 10.38" Length, XL (Pack of 12 Pairs)

West Chester 500DP Leather Glove, 2.5

I bought these because I was clean out of work gloves, and I had a sewer line to clean out. (Read: I would be spending some time with a big motorized drain snake, for which one ought to wear leather gloves, but after which one wants immediately to throw those gloves away.)
Where I love mail-order is basically the rule of the day. So I could either spend five or six bucks on a pair of cheap gloves, or $2 / pair for this pack of 12. And so far, these have been okay.
For plenty of jobs (from the merely a bit splintery to the very demanding and rough), I have worn plenty of different work gloves (from the 10 for a dollar to $25 per pair, and even a few that were not quite work gloves but promised to be something so I tried them out one day.) Of those, there have been gloves that tore as I donned them, and others that lasted for a while. (Work gloves never last forever.) So far I have gotten into several pair of these, and each has lasted... a little while. The ones I had to use and throw out lasted until I threw them out. The other two or so have been okay. I know that the lining could tear out (but hasn't yet). The lining of the cuff of one glove has come a bit loose, but that's not unusual from cheap gloves and what does it hurt?
I have used these with the aforementioned snake, while cutting fencing, handling sheet metal, some other jobs I can't think of, and even a some handling of somewhat hot pieces after welding. So far they have handled everything as well as or better than I would expect from cheap, or even better-than-cheap gloves. I believe I have worn enough work gloves that I am qualified to say that these perform better than the worst $5 work gloves, and as well as the best $5 gloves. For $2 / pair, that's a pretty good deal. Plus, the green/pink stripe motif is about as pretty as it gets!

These are great glove for what I use them for. I wear them to work on and fuel my trucks and if I get diesel on them they are cheap enough to throw away. There is no way to avoid get grease, dirt and fuel on your hands so these work.

These gloves appear identical to those available from tool discounters at less than half the price. Do not be fooled! I've been wearing my first pair for 2 months - cuffs are trorn, but the palm and fingers are in great shape. In particular, the stitching holds up even when I'm picking up logs from a fire.

Normally similar work gloves have lasted about one week in summer before they fall apart. My first pair of West Chester gloves lasted one month. Use in 90 degree heat, sweat soaked gloves, used to pull thistle, clear brush, etc. Wish extra-large size were larger, as gloves feel tight at first. Previously I bought leather work gloves three pair for around $20 and they never lasted a week. Mouse ate hole in one pair of leather gloves left out in tool shed. They haven't eaten West Chester gloves yet.

I really like the extra leather in the palm of these gloves.
It makes working with them, for me, much better.
I will mention that one of the sewing seams can bother me do to the size of my hands, my son didn't seam to have the same issue as I did but I thought that I would mention it.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rubberized Cuff: the pair of heavy-duty leather gloves provides complete safety while working in tough industrial environments. The double leather stitch on palm and index finger adds to the safety standards
  • Durable Construction: the Gunn pattern of this cowhide leather gloves is designed to deliver extra protection to hands and palm. The reinforced leather pull tab at cuff, leather fingertips, and rubberized safety cuff offers durability
  • Extra Safety: the split cowhide leather gloves with a comfortable canvas back offers complete hand protection with added flexibility. The knuckle strap offers extra protection from knocks and scrapes
  • Applications: the split leather fitter gloves are ideally designed to be used for masonry, mining, construction, iron/steel handling, transportation, agriculture, electrical, and woodwork industries
  • Specification: the 10.5 in. safety cuff glove is provided with 5.25 in. palm width and 2.5 in. rubberized safety cuff. The double palm gloves have green/pink stripes on the back and blue color hem for easy identification

Description

Split Cowhide Leather Glove by West Chester is designed primarily to be used in the rugged workplaces where safety is the utmost priority. The pair of split cowhide leather palm gloves is made from high-quality leather. The Gunn pattern offers ergonomic use – allowing users to perform heavy-duty tasks easily. Double palm gloves are widely used at construction sites, mining, masonry, metal handling, and electrical parts assembly. The pair of work safety cuff glove has a leather knuckle strap, canvas back, reinforced leather fingertips and rubberized safety cuff to ensure maximum safety.



These are pretty good gloves, outstanding for the price. We use them for firewood which is hard on gloves and they hold up better than far more expensive options. On my second set, the first was green as pictured. This last set is orange, same glove.

I'm using these things for welding and torch cutting and they hold up great even with that duty cycle.

These are good quality gloves. As for fit I bought the extra large because that's what I usually wear and they were just a little bigger than I expected but not enough to make a big difference.

These are great all around work gloves with additional leather in the index finger and palm area for added durability, this feature makes the glove rather stiff at first but softens up after use.

Not a bad product for the price, I work with lumber and the stitching gives out very quickly is the only problem I have with them. One pair only lasts about 3 hours before the stitching on the finger and the top of the palm gives out, leaving only the inside padding between my hand and the board. Otherwise they fit well and I have no other complaints.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment