Sunday, September 1, 2019

Archival Methods 61-002 White Cotton Gloves Large 12

Archival Methods 61-002 White Cotton Gloves Large 12 Pairs

Archival Methods 61-002 White Cotton Gloves Large 12 Pairs

To answer a few concerns I've read in other reviews:

The size isn't right. Put them on and make a fist - they'll stretch.

They're thin. That's right, that makes it easy to handle negatives and pictures.

They shrink. I wouldn't know - they get dirty so I throw them away. They're just a buck a pair.

These are NOT for overnight moisturizing, changing the oil in your car, building a barbed wire fence, or really anything but handling photos and negatives.

They are virtually LINT-FREE and keep smudges off your scanner glass, photos, and negatives. For that, they're a great product at a good price.

I found these gloves to be thinner than I had expected. When I wear them I can easily see the color of my skin right through the gloves. I personally would not use these gloves when handling metal antiques due to risk of skin oils and perspiration transferring through the gloves and onto the surface of the antique. Instead, I will use the gloves for handling of photographs and turning pages of antiquarian books. For handling of metal antiques, I would recommending getting the Archival Methods gloves that are heavyweight with seams. The ones I received (item 61-002) are the medium weight type.

I've been using these to sort, scan, and file film negatives and prints. The gloves fit me and my assistants just fine but, until you wash them, they shed fibres pretty heavily. The issue with this is that a) they shrink, and b) they aren't sturdy enough and begin falling apart. I'll probably buy them again when I need more - but now I know what to expect at this price.

If you handle rare coins, old books, antiques of any description or valuable collectibles you probably know fingers can leave oil, acid or dirt deposits that can adversely affect value.
Archival Methods white cotton gloves are an ideal solution. At under a dollar per pair they are truly a wise investment. Put on a pair and you can safely handle your items without fear of contamination. They are thin enough to allow you flexibility. They are inert and will not harm your valuables. Washable so they can be reused multiple times.
A must-have for the serious collector, archivist or curator.

I ordered the large version of these gloves which came in three days after I purchased the item. The only thing I would be worried about is that I ordered the large gloves but I received the extra large gloves, but this was of benefit to me as the XL gloves fit just right and the large gloves would've been to small. I would recommend these to anyone that is doing some scanning of film or precious documents. They feel like a 100% cotton tee-shirt does and they do their job as described.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • White Cotton Gloves - Large - Package of 12 Pairs

Description

Enabling the safe handling of photographs, negatives, prints, documents, artworks, and other items, this 12-pack of Cotton Inspection Gloves from Archival Methods helps to prevent naturally occurring finger oils from contacting, and potentially damaging, your delicate items. These size large gloves are made from medium-weight bleached cotton. The gloves are machine washable and air drying is recommended to prevent shrinkage.



I consider theses gloves to be a good product fo the price. They are not dress gloves, which dissapointed one reviewer but they are good "work gloves" appropriate for handling photographic negatives. They do stretch a bit more than I would prefer but the nylon version solves that issue, at a cost, if it is a problem. If moistenened and run through the dryer, these cotton gloves resume their shape, so using a few pairs a day and laundering them, works pretty well if you wish to maintain a more snug fit.

These pure cotton gloves, made in Sri Lanka, are exactly what they are supposed to be, and will do their job reliably, even in warm conditions because they will be cool, healthy and comfortable, where synthetic fabrics would not. The cotton is sufficiently lightweight and close-fitting for fine work and a touch screen will respond through this material.

My wife does scrap booking and ancestry stuff. She's always working with old photographs and certificates and these gloves are perfect for her. Let's her handle what she needs to without worrying about skin oils damaging the items.

I guess you could wash them to clean them, but at this price point, why bother? Just use another pair.

Just right for my largish hands when I'm printing and otherwise working with photographs.

Oddly, though I ordered the "Large" gloves, and the label outside the package says "Large", the label *inside* the package says "X-LARGE".

I received these gloves very quickly. They are even better than described. I have a large hand, 7 and 1/2 or 8, and these fit perfect. I received 2nd and 3rd degree burns from an oxygen tank that fell over and started spewing. I carried it out of the house as quickly as I could but suffered frostbite burns as a result . These cotton gloves feel so good because of the natural fiber. They "breath" while also protecting my injured hand. I highly recommend this seller and this product.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment