Thursday, May 23, 2019

Ironclad SDX2-04-L Kong Original Oil & Gas Safety Impact Gloves,

Ironclad SDX2-04-L Kong Original Oil & Gas Safety Impact Gloves, Large

Ironclad SDX2-04-L Kong Original Oil & Gas Safety Impact Gloves, Large

I've had to stop buying gloves at local stores because they usually don't have my size 2XL. So I saw these and with the good reviews I decided to give him a try and they were way cheaper than any equivalent glove at any local store. Boy am I glad I grab these. They're really beefy I've been using them hard for multiple demolition jobs in houses and they're still holding up they're a little stiff at first but once they break in they're great. I'll definitely be ordering multiple more pairs

My boyfriend works as an environmental well driller. His hands are constantly being assaulted by heavy machinery and tools not to mention harsh weather conditions, mud and oil. I started searching Amazon for gloves that would protect his hands yet still allow him to grip the tools of his trade safely and that would also hold up to the abuse he would give them on his job. When I found this brand I was very excited but when I saw the cost of them I was ready to write them off completely because I knew that they would not last long on his job and was definitely not going to keep replacing pair of $50 work gloves. But then I found options for a more reasonable price and so far I've bought him two pairs and definitely plan on buying more. These gloves protect his hands from being smashed with heavy objects and also protect them from the cold and the unique pattern on the palm still allows him to grip tools safely even when they are soaked with mud or oil. These gloves were a great Buy.

I find these gloves to be a little inflexible around the fingers. They offer a ton of protection and do seem to be built well. But the beak-in period is pretty long an they just seem to work against you when you make a fist.

Still, they do get the job done. I do tire changes, jump starts, and refueling wearing these and have no problems even manipulating the tiny caps on a tire's valve stem.

They fit snug around the wrist, but are easy to get on and take off. This is great for an SSP driver like me. If ONLY our contractor or VDOT provided these as the standard issue glove instead of the junk they bought us. Luckily, they do let us buy better equipment if we don't mind spending our own money. At least these were inexpensive (compared to most heavy duty work gloves).

Everyone wears out gloves differently depending on work type. For me these gloves proved very good. I wore these about 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for 12 weeks. So 240 hours of handling cargo straps, steel, stone, wood, and cardboard; as well as climbing around rigging. At week 10 the first tape went on the right hand middle finger because the side seam next to the index finger wore out where I put a lot of friction. I wish the middle fingers were wrapped around with the orange material like the index finger. I don’t do regular high impact work like shoveling or picking. Mostly high friction and heavy lifting. Your mileage may vary. I already purchased another pair anticipating the end of life for these. Looking forward to breaking them in.

Pros
- XXXL size fits my hand nicely and taking them on and off is not a struggle.
- Cushion is above average comfort for the durability
- Rubber protection saved my hands from more serious injury multiple times.
- Great Price to Durability trade off, even at $22 for the XXXL size.

Cons
- They soak up water like a sponge. They are fairly easy to wring out and would dry somewhat quickly.
- The middle finger seam appears to be a weak point. Ironclad would do well to wrap that finger like the index finger.
- Sweat and dirt would have ended their life if the holes didn’t. They smell and weren’t worn during the summer at all. I will be tossing the new pair in the washing machine periodically to see what happens.
- You won’t be doing any paperwork or fine fingered work in these. It’s a durability trade off I didn’t mind but mention here anyway.

These gloves are the real deal, They will protect and last longer than most top of the line. I would buy one size up because they fit tight. I would really like it if they came with a velcro strap to put on and off, because once your hands get sweaty they are difficult to put on and off. I work a full 8 hours of lifting concrete block and other materials that destroyed all my previous gloves within 2 months. These are still intact and fully functional with no rips or tears. I recommend them


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Co-developed by the Oil & Gas Industry's Safety Committee
  • KONG metacarpal protection 80% impact absorption
  • KONG knuckle protection 90% impact absorption
  • Exclusive palm material 25% more abrasion resistant than normal synthetic leather
  • KONG finger protection 76.4% impact absorption offers sidewall and complete fingertip protection

Description

Sold as a Single Glove



Great glove for doing yard work. Probably a little bulky for doing work on the car with nuts/bolts, but these are great for picking up yard debris, move logs, or other chores. I am really hard on gloves and wear them out pretty quickly, but these are holding up well.

I have just gone through my second pair and about to order a third. They really do absorb the impact of whatever hits the back of your hand. I have been wearing these while doing some stone/boulder work in my yard. Only thing that I don't like about them is that the finger tips on the palm side wear out very quickly. I would like to see if they make a pair with a more durable palm.

I AM IN LOVE ! I have never, I mean never, loved a pair of gloves like I do these!! If you are always working on things or handling heavy things and getting hands or fingers smashed, you want these gloves!!! Hands down these can not be beat! Every year I would wind up in ER with smashed fingers or hands. Then came these babies, they have saved me twice already this year. They are great! I plan to order several more pairs! They have great grip, and are so comfortable and feel great on the hands. I can see sizing get being a little small for someone with large hands, as a lg/xl fits me snug, so order with that in mind. But you can’t believe how comfortable they are till you try them. This is one product you should definitely purchase !

Post man delivered them just as I was setting up to cut and weld some steel. Gloves are excellent. They are comfortable, fit well and give me the dexterity to do what I need to do along with being very easy to pull on and off when necessary. They'll be getting a workout with my chainsaw in the near future.

I go through a lot of gloves because I use my hands for work. So I look for gloves that will last but also protect my fingers, they get busted up the most if I don't buy gloves with the padding on the fingers. I use Kevlar gloves a lot also to pick up sharp objects and hot things too so the gloves need to be able to handle the job at the same time be conferable to wear for long periods of time. You can't go wrong with these gloves, plus they look stylish when wearing ( Meaning Cool looking to wear ) And if your like me these gloves should last you 8 month top. Years if you only wear them to use just around the house. BUT HIDE THEM!!!! Your kids will take off with them due to how cool they look!!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment