Wednesday, May 29, 2019

22" Black Kevlar Protective Arm Sleeves / Cut And Heat Resistant (1

22" Black Kevlar Protective Arm Sleeves / Cut And Heat Resistant (1 Pair)

22

For my purpose, these worked great. I bought these because I work in a behavioral unit of in a special needs school for severely impaired students. I needed them for a student who scratched very quickly and could do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. For this purpose, they worked extremely well. Very durable to the scratching aggression over the course of a year. The only complaint I have is that the velcro at the top of the arm guard does not go long enough. With someone with bigger muscles than I, it would not be a problem. However I have thin arms and this lead to the arm guards drooping occasionally. They are still worth the money though despite this.

We have Flemish Giant rabbits for showing, average rabbit is 18-20 pounds. When they decide to fight, those claws leave HORRIFIC rips in the flesh....these sleeves have stopped that damage!!! We bought 2 pairs (one for each, me & my Mr. Man)....Buying a few more pair to give to rabbit friends as gifts!!! Very hot in the summer but DEFINITELY worth the investment to keep from having such nasty wounds on the forearms and upper inner arms where the flesh is extra tender!! THANK YOU FOR THESE SLEEVES!!!!!

Used while running sticker bushes through the chipper. This is a sweater material. It is VERY warm, can't wear on a hot day. The thorns grabbed the materials but had only a few stick through to my arm. The Velcro fasteners at the top of the sleeve I tore off as they caught the thorns and would not stay fastened. The thumb hole is a good idea but if your wearing gloves there is a pile of material at your wrists that you need to pull the gloves over. Makes for a hot setup. I soaked the arm bans with water as they will hold moisture well to cool off. I will likely not wear these much as they are hot to wear if your physically active. A winter garment only for me.

I like them and I'm glad I found something to wear that will protect my arms from being burned on the ovens. However, I wish the velcro went all the way around because after a month or so of wearing them, the sleeves at the top stretches out and I have to use clips to tighten the straps more and hold them in place to prevent the sleeves from falling down all the time.

We do a lot of citrus tree pruning (they have huge thorns) and if these protective arm sleeves work for that kind of work, they have to be good.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Unlike most sleeves on the market, these are 22" Inch long to provide full arm protection extending well beyond the elbow
  • Leather patches for additional protection of the most vulnerable and high wear area of the arms
  • Elastic Velcro strap at the top to prevent sleeve roll down
  • Comfortable 100% woven 2-ply Kevlar that is highly cut and flame resistant for the most demanding work applications
  • ANSI cut level 4 full arm protection used by mechanics, welders, landscapers, motorcyclists, farmers, veterinarians, or anywhere a serious level of arm protection is needed

Description

BC Precision 22" extra-long heat sleeves are made from two-ply 100% Kevlar fabric for maximum heat and cut protection from the knuckles to your shoulders. Work confidently around hot and sharp objects knowing that your arms will have the protection of Kevlar. These also work extremely well in the winter time to shield your arms from the elements and to help stay warm. Thumb holes ensure that the sleeves will not ride up your arm and the elastic strap will prevent the sleeves from rolling down exposing your upper arms.



Ive tried many sleeves for welding and I would say these are the best for my purposes. Much better than any similar competing product ive used by the big name brands. With anything it really comes down to what you will be doing with them. These are tight fitting so if you get a spark or some slag you are going to feel it, no tight fitting sleeve will prevent this unless its made out of magic. I am tall and skinny so the 22" length and the added velcro straps on the top do wonders for keeping them up and preventing flash burn to my upper arms. Ive done plenty of welding processes as well as grinding, plasma, and torch work with no issues for over a year now on one pair. As other reviewers have mentioned they are not nearly as flame resistant as the typical green fr or leather sleeves you generally get provided from a shop. I could see these not being the best if you are doing overhead mig or burning rod all day but you should probably be wearing more than a set of sleeves in those circumstances anyways. For tig and work at a table you cant beat the dexterity these provide. The added leather has saved my forearm on many occasions and really helps extend the life of these if your doing alot of long welds that require you to drag your arm on an edge. my only complaint is i could do without the thumb holes simply because I personally dont find it comfortable under a pair of gloves. Overall A+++++ product for shop work. Do yourself a favor and buy a pair!!

I needed some sleeves for holding my pet iguanas. They're very tame so I know they're not going to bite me but they have sharp claws that tend to dig into my upper arm. This works great to hold them without their claws stabbing me. I also like that these sleeves allow me to pet them with my open fingers unlike a regular glove.

At 67 my skin is getting thin. These work like magic when picking up the bush trimmings and broken tree limbs. After doing yard maintenance, my arms used to look like I lost in a cat fight...but no longer. They're a bit snug (and my arms are not large) plus your arms will sweat, but overall I wouldn't do without them now that I've got them. Drying sweaty arms is quicker than healing cuts, scrapes and punctures!

They protect my arms great while welding but the velcro scratches the heck out of me. They're pretty stretchy so I'm on the verge of taking a seam ripper and just removing the velcro. Other than that they are good. I'd prefer a version without the thumb holes. It's impossible to put on gloves over them with the thumb loops on so I fold them over.

If your on blood thinners besides being wrapped in a suite of armour there is nothing to protect you completely. These sleeves saved a lot of Nick's.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment