Sunday, September 8, 2019

Liberty K4517Q Cotton/Polyester Regular Weight Plain Seamless Knit Glove with Elastic String Knit Wrist,

Liberty K4517Q Cotton/Polyester Regular Weight Plain Seamless Knit Glove with Elastic String Knit Wrist, Large, Natural White (Pack of 12)

Liberty K4517Q Cotton/Polyester Regular Weight Plain Seamless Knit Glove with Elastic String Knit Wrist, Large, Natural White (Pack of 12)

This review is specifically for folks like me who are getting these to line nitrile gloves for handling hot food. I cannot speak to how these are as work glove liners or by themselves as gloves ( I would guess they would not work well as gloves, they are pretty cheap). In terms of BBQ they are just the right thickness to resist heat long enough to remove food from the smoker, pull pork, handle food while slicing, etc...I wouldn't want anything thicker, otherwise you're giving up dexterity and fine motor control, which is why you opted for the nitrile/cotton liner combo in the first place.

See my PHOTOS for the quickest and best information for drawing your own conclusions about the relative value of these gloves.

I bought 12 pairs of these Liberty K4517Q seamless cotton/polyester gloves at the same time as 12 pairs of the Magid gloves from a different listing. All 24 pairs arrived quickly, on the same day. I am happy with the Liberty gloves and the Magid gloves, but for my purposes, the Magid gloves are much, much better. I have posted photographs to illustrate the differences, but I will also describe them.

First, the price at the time I purchased was $10.12 for the Magid (just $9.61 on Subscribe & Save), for a per pair price of 80¢ to 84¢. An excellent value. The Liberty gloves were even less expensive, at $6.58 for the dozen pairs, 55¢ each pair. If price were everything, the Liberty gloves would win. But, clearly, it's not.

Second, the Magid gloves are thicker and sturdier, which I prefer. Magid claims a 7 gauge thickness, which means little to me as I know nothing about glove/knit gauges. I can say from my own observation that it is an excellent thickness. The Liberty gloves are a little less thick and when stretched out on the hands, they appear much thinner. If you want a thin liner-type glove, you may prefer the Liberty, but if you need a glove that will wear a little longer, the Magid may have the edge.

Third, the workmanship on the Magid gloves is much better. The seams at the ends of the fingers are closed much more securely on the Magid gloves. The Liberty gloves already have some small openings that could easily snag and open a hole in a millisecond. They appear to be candidates for "a stitch in time saves 9" type preventive sewing. It should take only a few well-placed stitches to keep their weak points from becoming major holes. Still, I prefer the Magid.

The Magid gloves are made in the Phillippines and the Liberty gloves in Indonesia. I have no preference in this regard.

The 9 1/2" length of the Magid gloves is also terrific. There is a nice 1 ¼ inch cuff that extends past my wrist bone onto my wrist. It fits snugly without any tightness. The Liberty gloves are about a ½" shorter and have tighter end row stitches, although they also are comfortable.

The Magid gloves look like they will survive washing intact whereas I'm not as certain about the Liberty gloves. At this point, I haven't washed either brand. The Magid gloves could shrink a little and still be useful to me, but the Liberty gloves fit so snugly that any shrinkage will make them useless.

I will happily use all two dozen pairs from both brands.

I use these as a liner for nitrile gloves when handling foods from my smoker. Because the smoker rarely goes above 275, these give enough protection so you can easily handle the hot foods and move around the smokers racks if needed. Just remember, any glove will eventually get hot if you just stand there. Because they are not fire resistant, I would not use them on a regular grill where you have an open flame, or in an oven situation where you have temps over 300. Get an ov-glove or fire resistant glove instead.

Saw an internet thing about using these with the gloves to do pulled pork. Heck, these are great for just about everything. No burn through. Plenty of dexterity and I re-use them. This box could last me 4 years!

I use these under latex gloves when BBQing and moving large pieces of meat like a pork butt. These gloves off a lot of protection from the hot meat. They really feel nice on the hands, snug fit but very flexible and no problem with uncomfortable seams.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Regular weight reversible plain seamless knit glove
  • Ambidextrous gloves allow for longer wear since it can be worn on either hand
  • Designed to hold the glove firmly on the hand and prevent debris from entering the glove through the wrist area
  • It is lightweight and breathable for light-duty applications
  • Can be washed and bleached

Description

Liberty regular weight reversible plain seamless knit glove. Ambidextrous gloves allow for longer wear since it can be worn on either hand. Designed to hold the glove firmly on the hand and prevent debris from entering the glove through the wrist area. It is lightweight and breathable for light-duty applications. Can be washed and bleached. Also offers good insulation depending on construction. Cotton lisle, very light weight cotton glove that is ambidextrous and can be used as liner. Applications: assembly, inspection, light warehouse applications, automotive, food industry, parts handling. Seamless knitted gloves comes with elastic knit wrist. Natural white color. Large size.



I use with nitrile gloves when smoking and bbqing, just what I needed

I use these under rubber gloves for pulling meat out of the smoker. This setup works great for pulling pork as well. They stretch out rather quickly, a one use glove for sure.

I use these white gloves with my Nitromax gloves. I first put the white glove on then slip over with the Nitrmax glove. This way I can handle hot foods without burning myself. I saw a professional on you tube do it this way and he told everyone watching how to get these items. You can wash the white gloves.

Exactly what I needed. I use Nitrite gloves over them, and I can handle everything and cut it etc.

Great product and great price!
Works wonderful as liners for work gloves in colder weather. Insulates and keeps sweat out of your nicer gloves.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment