Thursday, September 12, 2019

CLC Custom Leathercraft 173L Thunder XtraCoverage Flex Grip Work Gloves,

CLC Custom Leathercraft 173L Thunder XtraCoverage Flex Grip Work Gloves, Large

CLC Custom Leathercraft 173L Thunder XtraCoverage Flex Grip Work Gloves, Large

Love my other CLC gloves (handyman in particular), but wanted something insulated and waterproof that wasn't a skiing type glove that wouldn't stand up to hard work. These work great, and I've dunked my hand in a puddle of slush to clean a clog and stayed dry.

The liner (which is the waterproof part) will tend to pull out a bit with your hand, and if you get hot you'll get sweaty in them, but they worked great for me in my various winter projects this year. Just enough insulation to keep some dexterity for a drill or handling bolts.

They show little wear after about 2 months of use. For reference I go through about 1.5 pairs of CLC Handyman gloves a year. These gloves seem to be about the same durability-wise, but I'm not sure if the liner might perforate first and make them non-waterproof.

I did just purchase this pair of gloves, and I've only worn them once; however, I bought them to replace my 6 year old pair of CNC gloves of a similar model that are my favorite gloves, and are only now starting to wear out because they have been used so much. I use them primarily for riding my motorcycle, and they are waterproof and warm, and have plenty of grip.

These gloves are pretty good. The main reason I get them is they are thin and flexible enough to still use a power drill and grab drill bits. If they were any thicker they would be too clumsy to use in home remodeling. The downside of that if you use these for heavier duty work like concrete, rocks, and demolition, they tend to get holes in their finger tips much faster than your standard $3 stiff-leather work glove. Excellent for flexibility and weight, decent for durability.

Hope that helps.

Fit and perform very well. Insulated very well can wear to use for use with tools, and power tools Also wear to shovel snow and snow blowing. Can keep hands warm and dry in the winter during huge snow storms.

When I first got these (2 years ago), I was mainly searching the local hardware stores in the $20 range, but wasn't finding quite the quality I wanted. I eventually found these for $30 and immediately purchased them. Spandex for flexibility, leather padding for ruggedness, plastic liner sewn in to keep your hands dry. Yet maintains a tight profile to your hand.

That pair lasted 2 years under heavy use until the pinky finally wore through while building a flagstone patio. I was actually impressed when that happened because even though the outer spandex/leather layer had worn through, the inner plastic membrane was still in tact. The same day they wore through, I paid another $30 a second pair at the same store.

One important tidbit is the sweat factor. They have an inner liner which keep your hands warm in winter and you'll sweat in the summer. In spite of this, it wasn't until my first pair wore through that the gloves began to give off an odor caused by sweating. And that's without ever washing them!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Synthetic leather is tough, soft and comfortable to wear, resists shrinking, stretching and hardening
  • HIPORA PU membrane liner protects from outside dampness but allows body moisture out
  • Padded knuckles provide protection against bumps
  • Wing closing strap for perfect adjustments and easy-on, easy-off
  • Lycra side panels for improved dexterity

Description

"XtraCoverage" palm is reinforced for added abrasion resistance and better grip. Insulated liner helps keep hands dry and warm. Full neoprene cuff with medical grade hook and loop closure and textured pull-on tab. Padded fingers for protection against bumps. Stretch spandex back for flexibility and greater fit. "StretchFit" thumb for a better fit and greater flexibility. Terry-wipe thumb helps gently remove sweat or debris from face.



Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment